Final Fantasy XIII-2 with $20 credit from Amazon + mini guide

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#61 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

I decided to take a stab at inquiring about the Omega DLC for my order placed this morning just to see what random, asinine response I get.

Oh how I love global resourcing. I ask about the Omega DLC, and they respond as if I was asking where my $20 credit was...
FadeToOne.png

#62 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ugh, I really wish there had been a credit offer for the CE...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#63 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

ugh I pre-ordered the game and got the additional code for $10 but now the original $10 isn't showing up on amazon, that rep I'm talking to says that the original doesn't work on games.

#64 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

i received my Omega DLC this morning, package should arrive at my house in the next couple hours - for those of you questioning about the dlc

#65 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

and.. I just got another .92 cents because the guide I ordered had a preorder guarantee on it. Good deal.

#66 CatEyes

CatEyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Why are people saying they ran out of Omega DLC? Do you mean it's just not available anymore because it was pre-order only, or do you mean they actually ran out? Because if it's the latter how do you run out of something that doesn't physically exist? Can't they just get another printout of more codes from Square-Enix or something?

Anyway it seems like a sneaky thing for Amazon to do, though I don't see how they gain anything for it. I liked the demo and would have considered pre-ordering last week, but with only a $10 coupon it wasn't enough. $20 would have persuaded me more, but now that Omega's not available I might as well just wait for a price drop. Is there any chance they'll come out with a GOTY version with all DLCs included?

#67 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

best buy if you preordered it comes with a limited edition artbook spanning both 13 and 13-2. it says extremely limited so heres to see if i get it in my preorder.

Yeah I was at best buy earlier and I saw that. It looks like a cool item to have as I think it actually is exclusive to Best Buy and very few of the copies had it. If I could ever pick up a copy for $40 after a price match to Target's $20 GC I would pick it up and sell the game and keep the artbook as I'm pretty sure they are package individualy.

I haven't received the code yet either.

That sucks. I preoreded both a 360 and PS3 CE copy and got the Omega DLC code for both orders. I've already sold each for about $27 on eBay before fees and such.

#68 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Why are people saying they ran out of Omega DLC? Do you mean it's just not available anymore because it was pre-order only, or do you mean they actually ran out? Because if it's the latter how do you run out of something that doesn't physically exist? Can't they just get another printout of more codes from Square-Enix or something?

Anyway it seems like a sneaky thing for Amazon to do, though I don't see how they gain anything for it. I liked the demo and would have considered pre-ordering last week, but with only a $10 coupon it wasn't enough. $20 would have persuaded me more, but now that Omega's not available I might as well just wait for a price drop. Is there any chance they'll come out with a GOTY version with all DLCs included?

It was preorder only. I would be shocked if they didn't have enough to cover preorders.

#69 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

If this was offered on the CE, I'd bite.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#70 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I was at best buy earlier and I saw that. It looks like a cool item to have as I think it actually is exclusive to Best Buy and very few of the copies had it. If I could ever pick up a copy for $40 after a price match to Target's $20 GC I would pick it up and sell the game and keep the artbook as I'm pretty sure they are package individualy.

Just got back from Best Buy. The hardcover novella is packaged in a cardboard sleeve with the game. The game is shrinkwrapped itself so you could sell the game separately as new.

However, I do not know if the game has a bar code on it or not. I'm going to wait it out to see if this is limited before I decide to keep it or not. Maybe watch for an unpackaging video.

Note that there was only two at my store that the guy had on a cart. They didn't put any of the standard editions out yet as I got there right at opening. He also said that all of the CEs were at the front desk and implied they had no extras.

#71 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have ordered games from Amazon after release date and have received the pre-order bonuses, but there is no guarantee that it would come with this.

If the DLC did come with this I would definitely pick it up for the DLC and Credit and flip the game like others on here, since I just got my Collector's Edition with the Best Buy novella in the mail.

#72 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Amazon is giving out $30 credit for the Xbox version at the moment. The extra $10 is probably a mistake so I would jump on it quick. You will see a $20 and $10 credit at checkout before u submit the payment.

#73 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Amazon is giving out $30 credit for the Xbox version at the moment. The extra $10 is probably a mistake so I would jump on it quick. You will see a $20 and $10 credit at checkout before u submit the payment.

>_> Well, Fuck. Now I'm starting to regret the CE. $30 credit is amazing.

#74 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I jumped on the xbox 360 version. I already picked up my Best buy copy, but after reading how limited it is and only seeing 2 other copies there with the hardcover book. I think I will leave it all sealed and sell it.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :hot:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:

#75 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Picked up a copy from Amazon... will return to the store since I'm using a gift card there anyway.
Posted Image

#76 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I ordered one about 3 hours ago and it shipped out. No emails with credit or a guide yet.

#77 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just got back from Best Buy. The hardcover novella is packaged in a cardboard sleeve with the game. The game is shrinkwrapped itself so you could sell the game separately as new.

However, I do not know if the game has a bar code on it or not. I'm going to wait it out to see if this is limited before I decide to keep it or not. Maybe watch for an unpackaging video.

Note that there was only two at my store that the guy had on a cart. They didn't put any of the standard editions out yet as I got there right at opening. He also said that all of the CEs were at the front desk and implied they had no extras.

The hardcover novella is really plain. The cover has "Light" in the front and 37 pages of plain text, seriously that's it. No artwork or pics at all. Slightly disappointed but it was free so no biggie.

#78 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

The hardcover novella is really plain. The cover has "Light" in the front and 37 pages of plain text, seriously that's it. No artwork or pics at all. Slightly disappointed but it was free so no biggie.

Yeah, but that's what made me preorder it from them. Between Amazon's standard edition with $10 credit/Omega boss battle and BB's CE with the novella + tax, I still went for BestBuy. But between Amazon's standard with $20 credit/Omega Boss battle/mini digi guide and BB's CE and unimpressive novella + tax, I feel I made the wrong choice. hmm...

Unfortunately, it's still the best choice for CE.

#79 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone picked up the game at Wal-Mart with the poster? If so how big is the poster?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#80 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Awesome, got in on this. Took a screenshot just in case.

#81 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Is BB's CE bundled with the novella in the same manner as the standard edition?

#82 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

In for the X360 version with $30 credit

Wasnt planning on buying the game but for $30 its not bad at all

#83 brazzers

brazzers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Talked with amazon earlier. Bought the game last night and didn`t notice any promo. Checked with them today and there was a $10 credit to my account. Told CSR that if I couldn`t get the extra 10 I would just cancel and reorder which is pointless since the item has not shipped. They gave me the extra 10 althought it was "against their security policy"

#84 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

looks like it worked. In my order email, it says this:

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional code will be emailed directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."
Posted Image

#85 Slayerfaith1982

Slayerfaith1982

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I wanted the PS3 version but jumped on the 360 version with the $30 credit. Was gonna wait on this game, but I already had almost $20 in amazon credit, and for $30 credit back on the purchase I couldn't turn it down.

FYI My order confirmation email also lists BOTH the $10 and the $20 credits so even though I took a screen cap it shouldn't be necessary

#86 rayshon1

rayshon1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Looks like they stopped the $30 because all I see is $20 credit, even when looking at the 360 version.

Oh well, I really want to play it on Friday since i'll be home all day and Amazon shipping would take like a week, so I'll just pick it up from the store

#87 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

with all these credit going on... seems like the price of the game will be down from 59.99 to what 29.99-39.99 in a matter of not months but only weeks. hehe!

#88 Slayerfaith1982

Slayerfaith1982

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

The $10 and $20 credit on the 360 version show up at the checkout page. It doesn't show on the product page. And the $10 + $20 credits are both promised in your 360 version order confirmation email so you can fight em even if it is an error

#89 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

The $10 and $20 credit on the 360 version show up at the checkout page. It doesn't show on the product page. And the $10 + $20 credits are both promised in your 360 version order confirmation email so you can fight em even if it is an error

Amazon has been pretty good in the past in honoring mistakes like this. The ones they seem to not honor are the ones where there is a ridiculous mistake made. I do bet that they'll fix this issue soon.
Posted Image

#90 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

It also shows on the product page, just pick the X360 version and scroll down to "Special Offers and Product Promotions" to see the $20+$10 offers

On the checkout page it'll also show both offers and on your confirmation email it'll also show both offers