Photo
- - - - -

Twisted Metal preorder- with $10 coupon to 1800-Flowers!!!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

hey I can send the flowers to my imaginary girlfriend
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#32 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

I want to meet the person who felt the best thing to pair with Twisted Metal and Sweet Tooth the Clown was a bouquet of roses, and I'd also like to meet the people in the corporate meeting who all agreed with him, and then I want a recording of the phone call between GameStop and 1-800-flowers in which this was discussed.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#33 goodnews13

goodnews13

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Played the demo a decent amount tonight and WOW! I disagree with the "same old thing" comment. The strategy involved in the gameplay now really takes it to another level from when I was playing it on split screen all night looooong ago.

Nuke mode is incredibly deep. Twisted Metal meets Battlefield. Different classes of cars with multiple offensive and defensive options, an amazing amount of teamwork involved, etc. If you think this is your grandfathers battlefield, you ain't played NUKE!

#34 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

I also think the demo was amazing. But I also think burnout paradise was boring compared to the older splitscreen ones.

#35 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

This is the deal of the year.
----
Posted Image

#36 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

I want to meet the person who felt the best thing to pair with Twisted Metal and Sweet Tooth the Clown was a bouquet of roses, and I'd also like to meet the people in the corporate meeting who all agreed with him, and then I want a recording of the phone call between GameStop and 1-800-flowers in which this was discussed.

Needy little guy, aren't you.

#37 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

I think i am going to tweet this link to Jaffe and count the # of expletives he has to say about it.

I have to say, from what I know of Jaffe, and from the simple fact this game has been slated for a Valentine's Day release for months, I'll bet he has no issue with it whatsoever. In fact, he probably appreciates that their promo is in the sick, "Twisted" spirit of it all. He probably feels it really 'drives' home the dichotomy. No doubt some people will be a wreck on the 14th...okay, I'm done.

Full disclosure: A few years ago, I got called out by Jaffe for my Kotaku comment (and username) about Brett Ratner potentially directing a "God of War" movie. Jaffe's not the Patron Saint of Righteous Gamers, believe it or not. He's got a 'righteous rant' streak, to be sure, but he's got an even thicker sadistic one.

#38 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

Needy little guy, aren't you.

yes:)
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#39 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

Female gamestop employees and gamer's mothers are going to get lots of cheap flowers.

#40 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#41 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

In for one. HELLO MY FUTURE GIRLFRIEND!

fs_overall.png

#42 wingzero16

wingzero16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

this is some funny stuff lol

#43 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

Between this and the thread on Bieber doing a remake of Home Alone I'm beginning to feel like it's April.

.... in HELL.

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#44 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

sidenote: i agree that jaffe would prob think it's a funny idea, though i'd suggest something more tangible than basically a coupon i'm sure you can already find online with about 20 seconds of googling. how about a gun that shoots rose missles?

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, MLB 14: The Show
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe
:ps3: Deadpool

#45 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

This is Jaffee's doing.

#46 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

After playing the demo, I regret not jumping on the Newegg deal, hopefully they do it once more.

#47 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

So not only will I be able to get Twisted Metal on Valentine's Day but I can save $10 and buy myself flowers too.

Posted Image

#48 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

So it looks like the thought is "Pick up your 2/14 release, get your girl flowers, she will forgive you for buying a new game."

Big Problem, other than it wouldn't work: The game comes out ON VALENTINE'S DAY, meaning you'd never be able to redeem it in time to order flowers for 2/14 delivery. In fact, if you order online, the code is emailed to you AFTER VALENTINE'S DAY.

Also, there are online codes that are almost just as good.
http://www.retailmen...1800flowers.com
Posted Image

#49 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

so not only will i be able to get twisted metal on valentine's day but i can save $10 and buy myself flowers too.

Posted Image

lol

#50 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I also think the demo was amazing. But I also think burnout paradise was boring compared to the older splitscreen ones.

Ah, well, perhaps I am just getting old. I am glad you enjoyed the game. And I hope you like the flowers that come with it, too.*

As for Burnout Paradise, I was using it as an example of something that offers more satisfying car destruction.

*read with sarcasm

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#51 alihoopz43

alihoopz43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Female gamestop employees and gamer's mothers are going to get lots of cheap flowers.

Gee, I sure hope not...Does anyone else think this is a really lame preorder bonus? As a female GameStop employee who doesn't even really like flowers, I think they could have done better...it's funny, but not actually useful.

#52 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Video Gamers don't have girlfriends, what is GameStop thinking?

you mean gamers that shop at GS don't have gfs.

i think they're just trying to branch out and also give incentive for soccor moms and dads to get something back when buying games at MSRP. BB has a deal with DWS shoe...cause you know when you buy a tv, dvd, and dj hero you want to grab a pair of loafers and still earn points. perhaps they should have a deal w/cinnabun.

#53 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

This is a great marketing idea. Hey gamers, you know that girlfriend you don't have? Why not buy her flowers? No? Give them to your Mom then, she's downstairs upstairs making you a sandwich and she deserves to be treated nicely for putting up with you for 30 years.

Fix'd that for you.

If we're going to stereotype, let's do it right!

#54 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm married and considered it since I wanted TM anyway. Then I saw retailmenot had better deals for online flowers. Online flowers are almost $20 to deliver. LAME

#55 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

#56 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I know this preorder bonus is kind of lame and all, but I preordered Twisted Metal at GameStop today when I was picking up Kingdoms of Amalur and they printed the promo code for the 1-800-FLOWERS $10 of $39.99 from 1800FLOWERS.com, so it is in fact useable before you get the game. In case anyone is interested the code is: PLAYSTATION

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757