Vita cases...

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#31 KALEL114

KALEL114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Sorry, but those cases look like cheap flea market ripoffs compared to the first edition bundle clamshell, despite the vita travel pouch being an official Sony product.

Next to the first edition clamshell, this is the nicest case:
Posted Image

The Hori one is a Sony Licensed product and I believe it looks very nice, especially in the flesh.

#32 orntar

orntar

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

The Hori looks like the nicest case for its size.

The first edition looks good, but i cant get over that faux lizard skin exterior.

The thrustmaster case just posted looks nice, but I tried to only keep readily available cases in the OP.

#33 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

The Hori one is a Sony Licensed product and I believe it looks very nice, especially in the flesh.

Yea, despite it being a sony licensed product, it still looks like a fanny pack.

No love for the thrustmaster VIP glasses style hard case? That hori fanny pack won't protect your vita from getting squished.

#34 KALEL114

KALEL114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Lol. It actually does stand up to a lot of pressure, because it's, well, a hard case. Is it "tougher" than the Thrustmaster, probably not, but it is as tough as the FEB. It also holds 3 games/memory cards, which the Thrustmaster does not. I suppose we are both set in our opinions so no need to go round and round any further. :up:

Edited by KALEL114, 14 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#35 Pend

Pend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yea, despite it being a sony licensed product, it still looks like a fanny pack.

No love for the thrustmaster VIP glasses style hard case? That hori fanny pack won't protect your vita from getting squished.

The Hori on is the same i'm using on PSP Lite. The Sony one from FEB from the pictures looks like the best out of all in quality which is unusual from their previous cases. Can't do either Thrustmaster, I'll be wrapping my Vita like a gold coin (Screen Protector + Full Body Shield + Protect Frame) just like I did with my PSP Lite and their cases won't fit with that on. Quality wise Hori has been the best for portables but if you want supreme protection where you can put into a case and take you car and run it over knowing it won't get smashed get a Otter Box.

#36 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

I went with the PDP custom crystal case, I pruchased it at gamestop. I wonder why on Amazon, they show you get the uncharted graphic inserts for front of case. When I purchased from GameStop, I got 5 inserts like Amazon said but its only a blue vita insert, 2x F-zero 2048 inserts, 2x little Deviants inserts, but no uncharted : (. Anyhow the case is great, holds 2 memory cards, and 8 games. Very high quality, great protection, worth every penny.
Posted Image

#37 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

F-Zero 2048 :lol:

#38 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

I almost got that pouch until I stumbled upon the case I got. I really like the extra space the pouch has, but the Hori case has a hard outer shell. It was a tough choice, but I went with the Hori in the end. Either one is a great choice. Ideally, I would want the FEB case though. I just don't think they will sell it separately.

Main reason I went with the pouch was the extra space. Seems like people will need to be carrying their AC adapters around with them, and most cases don't have space for that. Plus the pouch holds a bunch of games and other stuff.

As for the Vita, I'm considering a shell for it, besides the screen protectors. Although as some have pointed out, shells can collect dust which can be a problem.

Would be nice if Otterbox made a case for the Vita, I have one for my Droid X and its fantastic; completely protects the phone from most potential problems.

#39 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

the first edition one is really nice unfortunately it won't fit in a pocket well.

#40 orntar

orntar

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Updated the OP with some new CTA cases.

#41 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

That looks like a very nice clamshell case, similar to the FEB bundle case (which I like). I just copped out and ordered the Vita travel pouch, mainly because it holds a lot of extra stuff; but I could see getting the one you ordered, or the FEB case if it is ever sold separately.

Vita Travel Pouch:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

The problem with this case is that it doesn't open all the way, so the zipper could potentially scratch the screen.
Posted Image

#42 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

The problem with this case is that it doesn't open all the way, so the zipper could potentially scratch the screen.

True, but I'll have a screen protector on the Vita day1, so I don't think that will happen. But I am considering other cases as well.

#43 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

True, but I'll have a screen protector on the Vita day1, so I don't think that will happen. But I am considering other cases as well.

You'll just wind up scratching the screen protector, and the rest of the vita body.

#44 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

You'll just wind up scratching the screen protector, and the rest of the vita body.

OK I'm paranoid now, cancelled the pouch. Will look at Hori or Thrustmaster case, but if I import either I probably won't have it when the system arrives. Bummer! :cry:

#45 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

i am looking for something that fits the vita tightly has anyone seen something like this? it's not so bad in your pocket without a case. the first edition one is way too thick that i'm just using the cheap one i got on ebay that is skinnier.

#46 KALEL114

KALEL114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

For what it's worth, the Hori case to exactly 11 days, from when it shipped, to get here (Texas) from yesasia.

#47 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

For what it's worth, the Hori case to exactly 11 days, from when it shipped, to get here (Texas) from yesasia.

I got the same one you did from Play-Asia, except I got the blue one. It cost me around $27 shipped, but I ordered it Monday and it came today.

#48 orntar

orntar

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Whats the difference from the case you guys are talking about and the half-the-price Hori case on Amazon?

#49 KALEL114

KALEL114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I got the same one you did from Play-Asia, except I got the blue one. It cost me around $27 shipped, but I ordered it Monday and it came today.

My first choice was to go with Play-Asia, but they were back-ordered forever on the Black case. That's why I went yesasia. I knew the shipping would take a while, but it was free and I ordered it way before I would need it. I love the case by the way. What about you?

Whats the difference from the case you guys are talking about and the half-the-price Hori case on Amazon?

The one Amazon has holds 2 games and looks like this.

Spoiler

The one we got holds 3 games and looks a little bit like the FEB case.

Spoiler

I think it just looks better. Just my opinion though.

#50 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well, they look a hell of a lot better than the Hori Hard Cases on Amazon, and I really don't like how those ones open compared to the one I got.

My first choice was to go with Play-Asia, but they were back-ordered forever on the Black case. That's why I went yesasia. I knew the shipping would take a while, but it was free and I ordered it way before I would need it. I love the case by the way. What about you?

I love it, the color is a bit darker than I thought compared to the pictures, but it's still awesome. Now UPS just needs to drop off my Vita to go in it.

#51 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Man I have now idea what case to get. The Hori one people seem to be gravitating to can only carry like 2 or 3 games or something like that. I'm temped by that $25 starter bundle I saw at Gamestop.

Also what is a good source for wrist straps?

#52 KALEL114

KALEL114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

If you want one that holds a lot of games, then maybe the PDP case is the one for you.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

You can change out the front insert with anything like the old Logitech PSP case.

Or go extreme with this case from PDP.

http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B0072A4JTY

#53 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I'm kinda of wondering why I haven't noticed this one being mentioned more in this thread. http://www.gamestop....#productDetails Unless I'm over looking something it seems to be the best bang for buck. Is it only carried at Gamestop?

#54 Garrett67

Garrett67

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

I believe this is the HORI case

Here is the cover case by Sony

You can figure it out

Here is the carrying pouch from Japan

http://www.amazon.co...68&sr=1-2-spell

About 2 minutes in

I think I'll just get the Sony pouch. I won't take it out of the house and it will be a good place to store it when not in use.

Edited by Garrett67, 16 February 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#55 orntar

orntar

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

After that video for the Hori, I have changed my mind. You can't have the games against the screen like that.

I guess I am back to the travel case.

#56 orntar

orntar

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

I'm kinda of wondering why I haven't noticed this one being mentioned more in this thread. http://www.gamestop....#productDetails Unless I'm over looking something it seems to be the best bang for buck. Is it only carried at Gamestop?

Thanks, added 3 more cases.

#57 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

I think I'm just gonna get the $10 CTA case for now.
Posted Image

#58 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Don't get the PDP crystal case, I've discovered a flaw, if it has an impact (even a light one) on the hinges, the thing flies open. Not the kind of protection you want in a case for a 250 dollar console.

#59 sandaz93

sandaz93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Is there any way to order the Thrustmaster case if you're living in the U.S? I tried ordering it on Amazon.uk, but it said it couldn't ship to CA.

#60 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Is there any way to order the Thrustmaster case if you're living in the U.S? I tried ordering it on Amazon.uk, but it said it couldn't ship to CA.

chicacocubsfan mentioned it... zavvi is the only place that will ship thrustmasters to the USA. I've got the VIP case on pre-order.....

All of these are: Posted Image

Posted Image
http://www.zavvi.com/10587252.html

Posted Image
http://www.zavvi.com/10587254.html

Posted Image
http://www.zavvi.com/10587253.html