• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#181 wowzors

wowzors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

I have this case : http://www.play-asia...en-70-4fa1.html

have nothing bad to say about it, really soft and seems like a really good case thus far.

#182 gameboy280

gameboy280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

think i went overboard???

http://www.amazon.co...0151170&sr=8-47

#183 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

think i went overboard???

http://www.amazon.co...0151170&sr=8-47

I think my brother has that case for his crossbow.

#184 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ended up getting http://www.amazon.co...TF8&me=&seller=

At Gamestop (which I'm still trying to rinse out the taste of, haven't bought ANYTHING from Gamestop in 4 years) and I have to say even though it was $30 the case is freaking nice as hell. The fact that you can pull out the folio case that is sturdy was the winning aspect of the case. Well built, zipper, holds a ton of games. Just hate the fact that I had to pay list price.

Thats the case I want too but I don't want to pay $30 for it. I will probably buy one at my store and use it until that one goes on sale to at least $20.

Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.

#185 wurms

wurms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hori Face Cover is really awesome. I posted some pics up at Amazon. Theres a bunch more there as well.

I like having my Vita in a hardshell, so when I set it on tables,etc. I dont have to worry about scratches. The screen cover keeps dust building up on screen/buttons.

Just dont get it if you plan on taking it in/out constantly (like if you are going to use the trigger grips), cause there are little plastic hooks that grab onto the silver outlining on the Vita. You dont want to break those. Also, with constant in/out they will probably eventually leave scratches on the edge of your Vita cause this cover fits nice and snug. This is meant for suit of armor, not carrying case.

#186 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thats the case I want too but I don't want to pay $30 for it. I will probably buy one at my store and use it until that one goes on sale to at least $20.

Also is anybody going use wrist strap with there Vita? I'm going to use it with mine since I feel like there are certain games that kind make you hold it with one hand.

I may be reading your post wrong, but why buy a $10 case at your store and wait for the linked one to go on sale for $20? You'd still be spending $30, so why not just bite the bullet and get the case you actually want, and get it over with?

#187 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Just wondering, is that PDP Hard Case the only true hard case out there at the moment? How is the protection on the Hori hard cases? A video I watched make it look like it was still soft rubber.

#188 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I may be reading your post wrong, but why buy a $10 case at your store and wait for the linked one to go on sale for $20? You'd still be spending $30, so why not just bite the bullet and get the case you actually want, and get it over with?

That's a good point. I still might just go get it today.

#189 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

I grabbed a black wrist strap from one of my mini wiimotes.

#190 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

I am. Woah, had no idea. It was amazon UK for the longest time. Will order from Amazon US with my prime. Thanks.

Yeah when I found out that the Uncharted thrustmaster case was now on US Amazon for $35, I tried to cancel my order from Zavvi while my order was still proccessing but they wouldn't let me.

At least it now shipped and I technically did get it for $4 cheaper than Amazon
Posted Image

#191 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Got this to put over the vita:

http://www.gamestop....rmorshell/98466

So far, between the Hori screen protector and the armor shell I'm loving the protection. The armor shell is great too because it comes with a cover for the rear touch panel (so you can leave it on and not worry about hitting the touchpad on accident).

Only downside is that it's an extremely snug fit in the traveling case I have, so I may end up having to break off the very bottom piece of plastic that they included to be able to flip out for a stand.

Also, was likely going to get a cradle later on and I'm not sure how this will affect it sitting on the cradle (since it adds a little thickness).

#192 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Got this to put over the vita:

http://www.gamestop....rmorshell/98466

So far, between the Hori screen protector and the armor shell I'm loving the protection. The armor shell is great too because it comes with a cover for the rear touch panel (so you can leave it on and not worry about hitting the touchpad on accident).

Only downside is that it's an extremely snug fit in the traveling case I have, so I may end up having to break off the very bottom piece of plastic that they included to be able to flip out for a stand.

I have this exact setup. So far so good.

#193 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Anyone know if the Madcatz ArmorShell works on the Sony cradle charger?

#194 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

The game traveler case that a few of you have picked up at Target, i found a black polycarbonate design one at Walmart for $19.99 as well.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#195 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

I felt the same way, especially while playing Escape Plan. I took the heavy-duty one that came with my PSP-1000 and attached it to the Vita. Works perfectly, but I'd definitely spring for a Vita-branded one.

EDIT: There's a licensed Vita wrist strap on EBay but the prices are a little nutty:
http://www.ebay.com/...469949558454584

Edited by bmachine, 26 February 2012 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#196 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Got to see a FEB case today. I really want one of those. Since the owner wouldnt sell it I ordered a Thrustmaster SPF case instead.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#197 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

My FEB case is unused and I would totally sell it, if someone was interested. I'd also trade for either the Uncharted case or the Pull-and-Go Folio.

PM me or get in touch via Twitter (@randy_wrecked) if you want to work something out. (EDIT: Sold it!)

Edited by bmachine, 28 February 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#198 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Anything simple and classy? Doesn't exactly have to be Nerf level protection, just something simple and not plastic really. Coulda sworn I saw a leather case somewhere. Not really for when I'm playing, more like when I put it away.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#199 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :P

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?

#200 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :P

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?

When I opened my madcatz armor case, there wasn't a seal on the package. Conceivably, if that was the same for you, you could put everything back in exactly as it was and say you found something you liked better elsewhere and they might take it back.

I personally wasn't looking for a thick case, so the madcatz case is just what I wanted. I want it for bumps and small drops, I don't expect a big or small case to really prevent damage if I drop it from high up.

#201 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Anybody know if a Playstation Vita with the MadCatz armorshell on it fit in most vita carrying cases?
Posted Image

#202 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Anybody know if a Playstation Vita with the MadCatz armorshell on it fit in most vita carrying cases?

I would think it fits in most, but like I said, it's extremely snug in mine because of the moving piece of plastic at the bottom of the armor shell.

#203 Flunkie

Flunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

The Game Traveler case I got from Target smells like shit.

#204 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

The Game Traveler case I got from Target smells like shit.

Many people have complained about the smell of the Hori cases and the FEB case. Luckily my case doesn't smell, but I wonder what causes the smell (since everyone says it goes away over time)?

#205 Pend

Pend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Many people have complained about the smell of the Hori cases and the FEB case. Luckily my case doesn't smell, but I wonder what causes the smell (since everyone says it goes away over time)?

Can't comment on other cases but the FEB case i got with mine didn't have any particular smell to it.

#206 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

actually bought the Nerf armor for the vita at Walmart for about $15. Not really a great case per se, but actually adds some needed heft to the unit and seems like its more comfortable to play with. I will report back after some time with it.

#207 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

My FEB case smelled pretty strongly for the first day or 2 but the smell quickly dissipated. Its likely just residual chemicals.

#208 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

So I picked up the Pull n Go case and its great since it really two cases in one. I could use the smaller one if I was going to go somewhere really quick and there big binder if I was going to go on a big trip.

#209 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

So I picked up the Pull n Go case and its great since it really two cases in one. I could use the smaller one if I was going to go somewhere really quick and there big binder if I was going to go on a big trip.

I bought the pull and go as well not sure I want to keep it though. I'm not sure what it is but I just don't like it. The pull out part is thicker at the bottom for no reason and that drives me crazy for some reason. I think I might order the thrustmaster SPF that looks better even though it doesn't hold as much.

#210 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Great concept for a handheld case.
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita