Vita cases...

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#211 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

I kind of like the neoprene sleeve that comes with the "Starter Kit", but don't want to spend $40 on a bunch of other stuff I don't want

#212 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Great concept for a handheld case.
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita

I have it and like it for the 3ds as well, but for some reason I just don't care for the vita one, even though it's basically the same.

#213 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Love the pull n go for my 3ds
Great concept for a handheld case.
Putting the sticks in a non hard case had me nervous or I would've picked it up for the vita

They have spacers for the sticks included in the case. It's great.

Posted Image

Edited by Rebelphoenix, 26 February 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#214 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Wow that looks great!

#215 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

I picked up the Mad Catz Armor case tonight at Gamestop and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a much thicker plastic, like the PSP Playgear cases by Logitech; instead it's VERY thin plastic that's barely thicker than the packaging material. Of course it is packaged in such a way that you can't tell how thick it is... it's not HORRIBLE but not really what I was hoping for. (something more like the Playgear)

Anyone know if Gamestop takes returns? The guy at the store actually could not tell me if it was returnable, but actually said he THOUGHT because it was new I couldn't return it. :P

How does the Hori face cover case compare to the Mad Catz armor, if anyone's tried both?

You can't return a case to gamestop? Why the Fuck does anybody still shop there? Just buy from amazon.

#216 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

The official carrying case does suck in case anyone still wasn't convinced. It just isnt practical while playing. Don't get it.

I ordered that Hori Face Cover based on reviews so hopefully that thing is more functional. I really don't like the look but I guess you can't get both decent protection and looks at the moment. Pretty glad I ordered it yesterday since it's out of stock at Amazon for now.

#217 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

I just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out at Gamestop by both the Vitas and by the used PSP accessories. I found an FEB case in pristine condition at one today for $10 that was listed under "used-generic vita case." I don't expect them to keep their current ridiculous values, but I doubt I'll find it for a better price.

I laughed when the cashier asked "Did you want to preorder any games for your Vita while you're here?" Oh no, I don't have a Vita. :D

#218 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

I just wanted to let people know to keep an eye out at Gamestop by both the Vitas and by the used PSP accessories. I found an FEB case in pristine condition at one today for $10 that was listed under "used-generic vita case." I don't expect them to keep their current ridiculous values, but I doubt I'll find it for a better price.

I laughed when the cashier asked "Did you want to preorder any games for your Vita while you're here?" Oh no, I don't have a Vita. :D

Damn, I highly doubt there's many of those floating around for $10 but good find.

#219 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Damn, I highly doubt there's many of those floating around for $10 but good find.

I was really surprised when I found it in the PSP section. You know GS couldn't have given them more than $4 for the case.

#220 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Ok, I'm pretty damn set on that Pull n go. There just doesn't seem to be anything better on the market.

Now if somebody please tell me where I can save a few bucks on one, that'd be great. So far Google isn't being super helpful.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#221 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

The Madcatz armorshell is pretty nice. The bottom part of the case has a latch where you can open and use it as stand.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#222 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

I use the Madcatz armorshell and the Pull N Go case. I also tossed a skinomi screen protector on the front as I like the one I have on my phone even though I probably don't need it just overkill really.

The Pull N Go is really nice as I can put my AR cards in it and not have to worry about where they are, and the little pull out case that comes with it accounts for the sticks on the vita so I don't have to worry about them getting all messed up when I toss it into my pocket when I am out and about.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#223 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I'm pretty damn set on that Pull n go. There just doesn't seem to be anything better on the market.

Now if somebody please tell me where I can save a few bucks on one, that'd be great. So far Google isn't being super helpful.

Right now, there isn't anyplace. 29.99 is MSRP.

#224 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

I really like the Pull n Go.

On a side note is this the Hori Screen Protector people are using?
http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B006VE40JQ

#225 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

On a side note is this the Hori Screen Protector people are using?
http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B006VE40JQ

Yes, it's great.

#226 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B006ROO1XA/

I got these screen protectors but they are OOS now.

#227 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Right now, there isn't anyplace. 29.99 is MSRP.

But this is cheapassgamer! Where cheapasses make dreams come true!!

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#228 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

But this is cheapassgamer! Where cheapasses make dreams come true!!

Not if it's just come out and being tightly controlled by the company it cant.

#229 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

I love the Pull and Go, even though I hate paying list price for accessories that cost $10.

I'm thinking about getting Ghost Armor on my Vita.

http://www.ghost-arm...m/Sony/765.html

Posted Image

#230 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

Not if it's just come out and being tightly controlled by the company it cant.

I know... I believe in CheapyD!

But seriously, I'm about to go out and get one of these at Gamestop.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#231 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B006ROO1XA/

I got these screen protectors but they are OOS now.

Damn, I was looking for something like that for the rear touch panel. I noticed that's it more prone to get scratches then the front screen. I hope they restock them soon.

#232 Rebelphoenix

Rebelphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

they were 7.99 when I got them.

#233 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

To answer my own question, 207-00-0154

http://sites.target....pci=207-00-0154

Thanks for this. I picked up the Game Traveller case at my local Target. For some reason they did not have it out on the floor and had to go into the back (not the first time I had this problem). The lady that works the Electronic department was pretty sure she only had the two Sony cases and was surprised when she found this case in the back.

As for the case itself, I really like it. It's a little thicker than I would have liked, but being able to carry 16 game cards in a case this size is pretty nice and the stand feature is a pretty nice add-on.

#234 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

You can't return a case to gamestop? Why the Fuck does anybody still shop there? Just buy from amazon.

Amazon's not stocking the Mad Catz stuff yet, and my Vita was sitting around naked, so I was getting concerned. ;) That said I am starting to be ok with the armor shell's thinness, it's not going to help in any major damage causing incident, but just for the fact it has a back touchpad cover almost makes it entirely worth it to me, as now I can just leave the Vita on a table or desk without worrying if it'll get all scratched up. I still need to find an actual carrying case, can't say anything I've seen currently gets me too excited...

I also put on the Hori screen protector, the application went super smooth except for one rather large particle right next to the square button [like, about 1-2mm from the edge, but just far enough I can't squish it out) making a big bubble. I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak a needle in underneath to get it out. So close to a perfect application!! Bah!

#235 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Got the pull n go.

It's fantastic, the case for the system itself is solid yet portable and the bigger case can hold all your stuff!

Good buy all around.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#236 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

they were 7.99 when I got them.

please post feedback when you get them. The feedback on amazon is pretty shady.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#237 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak a needle in underneath to get it out. So close to a perfect application!! Bah!

Put a piece of tape on the protector near the edge next to the buttons. Try to pull the protector up just enough for you to get to the piece of dust. Then use another piece of tape to remove the dust (could be on the vita or on the protector). Put protector back on when done.

#238 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Was hoping to score that one case from Target but all the ones here are sold out. Pulled the trigger on the Pull n Go. Still bummed I had to spend $30 on it but at least I can now throw my Vita into my pocket or backpack without fear of it getting scratched up.

#239 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Got the Hori Face Cover today. Much more functional than the official sony carry case I was using. Anyone know if the Vita with a Hori Face Cover would still fit in a pull n go or some other case?

#240 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

It

Got the Hori Face Cover today. Much more functional than the official sony carry case I was using. Anyone know if the Vita with a Hori Face Cover would still fit in a pull n go or some other case?

It will fit in a Hori case, waiting on my face cover to see if it fits in the Sony travel pouch.