Vita cases...

orntar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if you're like me, but when a new device comes out, my quest for an affordable case that is pretty slim begins.

Sony Carry case
Retail: $19.99
Pros: Converts into a stand
Cons: Doesn't look very protective

Sony Travel pouch
Pros: Can carry all your crap
Cons: Very large

Sony starter kit pouch
Retail: $39.99
Pros: Very small
Cons: Too small to be very protective

Hori Vita hard case - Blue
Hori Vita hard case - Black
Retail: $14.99
Pros: Inexpensive and presumable pretty nice
Cons: Kinda fugly, apparently stinky

HORI PS Vita Face Cover
Retail: $13
Pros: Hard case for throwing around
Cons: Makes vita bulkier

Thrustmaster VIP
Retail: $24.99

PDP crystal case

Pros: Hard case, so very protective
Cons: It's a hard case

PDP Pull and Go
Retail: $29.99
Pros: convenient and protective
Cons: price

PDP Nerf Armor
Retail: $14.99
Pros: Proterctive
Cons: Ugly

CTA Travel EVA case
Retail: $9.99
Pros: Cheap, Looks nice
Cons: Also looks a bit low quality

CTA EVA Graphic case
Retail: $12.99
Pros: Same as CTA Travel case
Cons: Same as CTA Travel case and kinda fugly

DreamGEAR Playstation Vita 4 in 1 Case Bundle
Retail: $15

Red Samurai PSVita starter kit
Retail: $24.99
Pros: Good value
Cons: No name brand

***Import cases***

mKeeper - Gento Game Console Case
Pros: Looks fairly protective and soft
Cons: look not for everyone

***Ebay Cases***

eBay
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Who knows about quality

***NLA?***

Sony First edition case
Retail: $$$

Pelican Hard case pic 1pic 2

Thrustmaster Uncharted case
Retail: $34.99

Thrustmaster SPF
Retail: $29.99

Bigben fabric pouch
Retail: $7.49

Madcatz Vita Armorplay
Retail: $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
The one that comes with the starter kit looks like the sleeve you got when you purchased the original PSP. I'll prob pick up the starter kit for the sleeve and have that on around the house and double wrap it with travel pouch when I take it on the go.

starter kit + travel pouch for me.

ps: that hori case looks slick but i'd like to see how the inside looks.

The first edition case looks really nice.. I can't justify the first edition price though. Most other cases look cheesy or ugly.

It'd be nice if a playgear pocket case comes out for vita. It was my favorite for the original psp.

Just ordered the Hori hard case (tough pouch on Pend's post). Wish I coulda got red, but settled on Blue since that's the only one available on Feb. 22nd according to Amazon. If the Hori hard pouch (from Pend's post) ever comes up for order before the 22nd, I'll switch to that one.

I had the Hori hard case on order with Play Asia, but I just canceled it to get the PDP cae, but that Uncharted case looks pretty nice too.

The first edition case looks like the best one to me. It would be silly if they didn't sell that separately at some point.

The SPF case looks nice too. I'm assuming the little spots on the top sides are for accessories? I'd like to get a case that can hold the AC adapter along with a couple games/memory cards. If it can, that one looks like a great option. I'm not sure how big the Vita's power adapter is though. Might be too big for that.

pbj16 glad i can help out, the hard pouch is similar to the one i'm using on my psp. Can't decided so getting both myself and buying an extra first edition case. The thrustmaster cases look good but don't think it would fit the ps vita with a full shield and protect frame like the others. mrx001 not a man purse but a messenger i'm looking into is:
Waterfield Cargo:http://www.sfbags.com/products/cargo/cargo.htm
I have a custom made laptop sleeve with flap and shoulder straps for my 18.4in gaming laptop and they use premium materials.

The first edition case is actually available seperately in Japan. The hori hard case looks pretty goofy in blue but awesome in black/red.

[quote name='pjb16']Not sure if I'll end up keeping this order through fullfillment, but I just ordered a silicone case too for the Vita (from Hori):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WJ70P6/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I've had silicone cases for 2 of my last 3 phones, and really loved them. Not sure I'll need it for the PSV though, I'm still mulling it over.[/QUOTE]

I really like the idea of this but I'm wondering if it will keep it from fitting in any of the hard cases. It shouldn't be that thick but I would imagine that the hard cases don't allow any wiggle room.

[quote name='Tetsugen']The first edition case is actually available seperately in Japan. The hori hard case looks pretty goofy in blue but awesome in black/red.[/QUOTE]
Agreed about looking goofy in blue, but I'm not too concerned.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I really like the idea of this but I'm wondering if it will keep it from fitting in any of the hard cases. It shouldn't be that thick but I would imagine that the hard cases don't allow any wiggle room.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for most cases, but the hori website (japanese) says that the Vita can fit in the hard pouch while wearing the silicone sleeve at least.

The "first edition" case that comes with the bundle appears to be unique. There are similar looking ones from play-asia, but they don't appear to be the same clam shell design.

chicagocubsfan, thanks for pointing out that zavvi site. They're the only place that will ship a thrustmaster hard case (the glasses style case) to the USA. Got it shipped to the USA for about $22 shipped.

[quote name='iamthekiller']The "first edition" case that comes with the bundle appears to be unique. There are similar looking ones from play-asia, but they don't appear to be the same clam shell design.

chicagocubsfan, thanks for pointing out that zavvi site. They're the only place that will ship a thrustmaster hard case (the glasses style case) to the USA. Got it shipped to the USA for about $22 shipped.[/QUOTE]
no problem dude, glad I helped out a fellow vita owner. :)

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']damn that uncharted case is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. I'll need to consider picking it up.

I got this one from yesasia. It's an Hori case that looks similar to the FEB case. Not bad for $22 shipped.

20120213_163956.jpg
20120213_164019.jpg
http://www.yesasia.com/us/psv-hard-pouch-black-japan-version/1025618582-0-0-0-en/info.html

[quote name='KALEL114']I got this one from yesasia. It's an Hori case that looks similar to the FEB case. Not bad for $22 shipped.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/psv-hard-pouch-black-japan-version/1025618582-0-0-0-en/info.html[/QUOTE]

That looks like a very nice clamshell case, similar to the FEB bundle case (which I like). I just copped out and ordered the Vita travel pouch, mainly because it holds a lot of extra stuff; but I could see getting the one you ordered, or the FEB case if it is ever sold separately.

Vita Travel Pouch:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Sorry, but those cases look like cheap flea market ripoffs compared to the first edition bundle clamshell, despite the vita travel pouch being an official Sony product.

Next to the first edition clamshell, this is the nicest case:
VIP-PackPackshot-EU.jpg

[quote name='chimpmeister']That looks like a very nice clamshell case, similar to the FEB bundle case (which I like). I just copped out and ordered the Vita travel pouch, mainly because it holds a lot of extra stuff; but I could see getting the one you ordered, or the FEB case if it is ever sold separately.

Vita Travel Pouch:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/QUOTE]

I almost got that pouch until I stumbled upon the case I got. I really like the extra space the pouch has, but the Hori case has a hard outer shell. It was a tough choice, but I went with the Hori in the end. Either one is a great choice. Ideally, I would want the FEB case though. I just don't think they will sell it separately.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Sorry, but those cases look like cheap flea market ripoffs compared to the first edition bundle clamshell, despite the vita travel pouch being an official Sony product.

Next to the first edition clamshell, this is the nicest case:
VIP-PackPackshot-EU.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Hori one is a Sony Licensed product and I believe it looks very nice, especially in the flesh.

The Hori looks like the nicest case for its size.

The first edition looks good, but i cant get over that faux lizard skin exterior.

The thrustmaster case just posted looks nice, but I tried to only keep readily available cases in the OP.

[quote name='KALEL114']The Hori one is a Sony Licensed product and I believe it looks very nice, especially in the flesh.[/QUOTE]

Yea, despite it being a sony licensed product, it still looks like a fanny pack.

No love for the thrustmaster VIP glasses style hard case? That hori fanny pack won't protect your vita from getting squished.

Lol. It actually does stand up to a lot of pressure, because it's, well, a hard case. Is it "tougher" than the Thrustmaster, probably not, but it is as tough as the FEB. It also holds 3 games/memory cards, which the Thrustmaster does not. I suppose we are both set in our opinions so no need to go round and round any further. :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iamthekiller']Yea, despite it being a sony licensed product, it still looks like a fanny pack.
No love for the thrustmaster VIP glasses style hard case? That hori fanny pack won't protect your vita from getting squished.[/QUOTE]

The Hori on is the same i'm using on PSP Lite. The Sony one from FEB from the pictures looks like the best out of all in quality which is unusual from their previous cases. Can't do either Thrustmaster, I'll be wrapping my Vita like a gold coin (Screen Protector + Full Body Shield + Protect Frame) just like I did with my PSP Lite and their cases won't fit with that on. Quality wise Hori has been the best for portables but if you want supreme protection where you can put into a case and take you car and run it over knowing it won't get smashed get a Otter Box.

I went with the PDP custom crystal case, I pruchased it at gamestop. I wonder why on Amazon, they show you get the uncharted graphic inserts for front of case. When I purchased from GameStop, I got 5 inserts like Amazon said but its only a blue vita insert, 2x F-zero 2048 inserts, 2x little Deviants inserts, but no uncharted : (. Anyhow the case is great, holds 2 memory cards, and 8 games. Very high quality, great protection, worth every penny.

[quote name='KALEL114']I almost got that pouch until I stumbled upon the case I got. I really like the extra space the pouch has, but the Hori case has a hard outer shell. It was a tough choice, but I went with the Hori in the end. Either one is a great choice. Ideally, I would want the FEB case though. I just don't think they will sell it separately.[/QUOTE]

Main reason I went with the pouch was the extra space. Seems like people will need to be carrying their AC adapters around with them, and most cases don't have space for that. Plus the pouch holds a bunch of games and other stuff.

As for the Vita, I'm considering a shell for it, besides the screen protectors. Although as some have pointed out, shells can collect dust which can be a problem.

Would be nice if Otterbox made a case for the Vita, I have one for my Droid X and its fantastic; completely protects the phone from most potential problems.

[quote name='chimpmeister']That looks like a very nice clamshell case, similar to the FEB bundle case (which I like). I just copped out and ordered the Vita travel pouch, mainly because it holds a lot of extra stuff; but I could see getting the one you ordered, or the FEB case if it is ever sold separately.

Vita Travel Pouch:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/QUOTE]

The problem with this case is that it doesn't open all the way, so the zipper could potentially scratch the screen.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']The problem with this case is that it doesn't open all the way, so the zipper could potentially scratch the screen.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'll have a screen protector on the Vita day1, so I don't think that will happen. But I am considering other cases as well.

[quote name='chimpmeister']True, but I'll have a screen protector on the Vita day1, so I don't think that will happen. But I am considering other cases as well.[/QUOTE]

You'll just wind up scratching the screen protector, and the rest of the vita body.

[quote name='iamthekiller']You'll just wind up scratching the screen protector, and the rest of the vita body.[/QUOTE]

OK I'm paranoid now, cancelled the pouch. Will look at Hori or Thrustmaster case, but if I import either I probably won't have it when the system arrives. Bummer! :cry:

i am looking for something that fits the vita tightly has anyone seen something like this? it's not so bad in your pocket without a case. the first edition one is way too thick that i'm just using the cheap one i got on ebay that is skinnier.

For what it's worth, the Hori case to exactly 11 days, from when it shipped, to get here (Texas) from yesasia.

[quote name='KALEL114']For what it's worth, the Hori case to exactly 11 days, from when it shipped, to get here (Texas) from yesasia.[/QUOTE]

I got the same one you did from Play-Asia, except I got the blue one. It cost me around $27 shipped, but I ordered it Monday and it came today.

[quote name='Zerok']I got the same one you did from Play-Asia, except I got the blue one. It cost me around $27 shipped, but I ordered it Monday and it came today.[/QUOTE]

My first choice was to go with Play-Asia, but they were back-ordered forever on the Black case. That's why I went yesasia. I knew the shipping would take a while, but it was free and I ordered it way before I would need it. I love the case by the way. What about you?

[quote name='orntar']Whats the difference from the case you guys are talking about and the half-the-price Hori case on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

The one Amazon has holds 2 games and looks like this.

61GB414uasL.jpg

The one we got holds 3 games and looks a little bit like the FEB case.

20120213_163956.jpg

I think it just looks better. Just my opinion though.

bread's done
Back