should i buy a refurb ipad at gamestop?

coolrust

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a tablet and the reason I want to get it gamestop coz of my credits. Now the question is it worth the risk getting it at gamestop? Has anyone ordered an ipad at gamestop and received a defective one?

I'm also on the fence about this. Not sure what kind of warranty or guarantee, if any, that GameStop is willing to throw in with such an expensive purchase. If they don't offer a warranty, and you're looking for a used one to save money like I am, I'd recommend checking on Craig's list. Just be careful: meet in a public place, make sure you demand to see the iPad, and demand it be turned on prior to paying.

Stop buying used and refurbished expensive electronics. Something will always go wrong. Save a bit longer and buy it new.

There are some GS stores that sell refurb apple products. You'll need to call around in your area to find out which stores though.

[quote name='Scorch']Stop buying used and refurbished expensive electronics. Something will always go wrong. Save a bit longer and buy it new.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify this is from third party refurbished. If you are getting refurbished from apple it is a different story.

how much does it cost at gamestop?

I sold my 16gb ipad 1 for $350 on ebay just after christmas and got an 32gb ipad 2 refurb from Apple for $500. With the ipad 3 likely only weeks away at this point, I'd probably wait to see how the prices react before buying any version of the ipad.

[quote name='bkfountain']how much does it cost at gamestop?

I sold my 16gb ipad 1 for $350 on ebay just after christmas and got an 32gb ipad 2 refurb from Apple for $500. With the ipad 3 likely only weeks away at this point, I'd probably wait to see how the prices react before buying any version of the ipad.[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking too: the imminent price drop when the iPad 3 launches.

Checked on Gamestop's site. They do offer a guarantee, but no details are offered on the site regarding length and terms. From the looks of it, GameStop discounts the price by about $150 of what new would cost at retail for each model.

Personally, I might just wait. There is one I'm waiting to hear back on listed on Craig's list for $250. (No idea what generation, model, or condition). Probably a scam.

[quote name='Taren Fox']I can trade my iPod Photo for 35 bucks? Actually doesn't sound like a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

Up to $35. Not $35, there is a difference.

I have never seen a refurbished product for sale that was discounted enough to make me consider purchasing.

It's always a lot riskier for a marginal discount and I would much rather pay a little extra for brand new.

[quote name='pippin']I have never seen a refurbished product for sale that was discounted enough to make me consider purchasing.

It's always a lot riskier for a marginal discount and I would much rather pay a little extra for brand new.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, put up a few extra bucks and get brand new.

[quote name='emozolik']I'd buy used from apple that's it. Otherwise buy any apple products new.[/QUOTE]

best advise.

bread's done
Back