• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#91 slickjones

slickjones

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Entertaining podcast as usual.

Internet celebrities: Nathan Barnatt, Jeff Gerstmann, the McElroy bros, and of course CAG.

Ryder White for PC please.

#92 aa.jetta

aa.jetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

The whole notion of celebrity makes my stomach turn honestly. A lot of these artificial celebrities just whore themselves out for numbers of subscribers/followers/whatever. A lot of those "youtube" stars come to mind doing asenine crap and uploading waste of bandwidth content. That Fred guy or whatever comes to mind, I'm sure the number of followers and notoriaty gives him celebrity status. Although I probably feel the same way about other "real-lfie" celebrities like most reality tv stars.

Thanks for the show, especially talking about Amalur. Think I'll avoid it on console since I really do not have any space on either console, maybe wait for a price drop on PC.

I'd like to toss my hat in the ring for PC Dead Island DLC. Thanks.

#93 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Xbox 360 Ryder White. Congrats on the listeners. I still remember things from the early days like shit shoes, Wombat's Guitar Hero one thoughts, and how you guys were amazed by Gun for the 360 because it was the first 360 game you had ever seen.

As far as internet celebrity, I think you have to have gotten your celebrity from the net and only the net.
A: Rebecca Black, Charlie bit me, honey badger, Double Rainbow guy
B: Angry Video Nerd
C: CheapyD

Edited by thorbahn3, 05 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#94 streetmedic7

streetmedic7

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Great episode! I agree, Cheapy should totally invest in THX, then put Wombat in charge.
PS3 please.
Internet celebs: Ray William Johnson /Chris Hardwick/Shipwreck.

#95 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I like to listen to the CAGcast, while going to bed. It always helps me fall asleep. I always fall asleep when when Wombat rants/tells a boring story or when you guys talk about new releases (that you don't care about).
Great show.

#96 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

360 plox :)

Internet celebs:
freddiew
rooster teeth
major nelson

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#97 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Best intro music ever.

#98 alkmie

alkmie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

PC please

Internet Celebrity: Angry video game nerd

#99 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm honestly really enjoying Final Fantasy XIII-2. I've already put like 9 hours into it in two days. I haven't even put that many hours into Skyrim, which I have owned for a month and a half. I think I need some linearity in my RPGs such as Final Fantasy and somewhat the Mass Effect series. I've tried Fallout 3 and Skyrim and neither capture my interest. I prefer when the director of the game sets a pace of events that they want the player to see, and not just a big open world.

Also, definitely buy a gaming computer Cheapy. You can plug it into your TV with an HDMI cable and most games are plug-and-play with the 360 controller, so the experience should be pleasant if you prefer couch gaming. Also, if you've seen the Steam sale and Amazon digital download threads, then you are aware of how insanely cheap PC games are compared to console. Not to mention that it would probably be far more convenient for you since you live in Japan and can avoid importing.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#100 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm surprised that the Jessica Chobot/ME3 things seems to be wrapped in a lot of controversy. It's not like Bioware doesn't have a habit of picking women to put in games. Mass Effect 2 had a character modeled and voiced by Yvonne Strahovski. Granted, she's an actual actress compared to Chobot, but like Cheapy said, I doubt she would have been picked if she wasn't good enough.

As for the internet celeb thing, mine are pretty much just youtube guys: Chris Smoove, FreddieW, Peter Chao, FPS Russia, and Simon & Lewis from the Yogscast.

Finally, PS3 plz. :D

11317.png

#101 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Great Show! Ps3 Dead Island DLC please?!

The only internet celebrities I know are CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#102 Death_by_KungFu

Death_by_KungFu

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

Ryder White DLC for PS3, please!!

#103 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

I also love how the cagcast summary is just about the last 3 minutes of the show ;)
yeah it took me 3 hours to finally finish the cagcast... 20 hour workday... boooooo

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#104 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

2 Gigs of data on an iPhone go fast if you are watching a bunch of youtube videos or streaming audio. I'm over every month on data. I'll reluctantly pay $10+ for more internet and when the new iPhone comes out I will go to Sprint? Unlimited data with a shitty network, is it worth it?
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#105 gpn

gpn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Cheapy, you mentioned how much you liked the animated Spawn series. You can get the complete series DVD on Amazon for $7.40.

http://www.amazon.co...28542997&sr=1-1

#106 kapkorn

kapkorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Would love a code for the iPhone RPG app if there are any left.

#107 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hey Wombat,
I use around 3.5 gigs a month on my phone, and that was before I had netflix. Just lots of Justintv then.
But, I was always streaming something 10+ hours a day. 2 gigs should be fine.
Check out Stitcher if you can, its basically Pandora, but for podcasts.
.. and Netflix of course.

2 Gigs of data on an iPhone go fast if you are watching a bunch of youtube videos or streaming audio.

That's all it boils down to. Streaming. If Wombat is going to use Netflix, Pandora, i♥radio and the like, then yeah, 2GB will go fast. 2GB is fine for normal every day functions including downloading apps and games. I'd say just stick to personal mp3's, podcasts and gaming on the commute and there's nothing to worry about.

Personally, I'm on Unlimited but my wife is not. I have Wi-Fi set every place we go (home, work, friends, family, even popular restaurants, etc), so neither of us are doing anything data intensive over 3G. That way if she's out and wants to pull up YouTube, download an app or stream something I don't have to fret about going over.

Looking at the past 18 months of usage, my biggest month was 286mb. :lol: So I could save money by dropping the unlimited, but I know I'd curse myself the day I did.

#108 briaooon9

briaooon9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Any of the Dead Island DLC would be great (XBOX 360, please)! The State of The CAG cast is strong!!!
Posted Image

#109 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

I have to say that it's hard to make a list of internet celeb's. I only think of only a few that was able to take much advantage of it and became really big. So in this case if they are known outside of video gaming genre's and other genre's they should be considered A list. B List should be highly known in certain communities and genre's or creators of websites. Whether that be Video Games, Health & Fitness, or Couponing etc. C List should be ranked by notable to a certain group but not "B List" notable. D List should be comprised of ones that are bottom feeders or that just have been around for awhile and just do not seem to get the momentum to propel themselves to more internet stardom.

So here is my list:
A List: Perez Hilton, Mark Zuckerberg
B List: Jessica Chobot, Major Nelson, Chad Vader, Many more Youtube stars
C List: Penny Arcade Guys, Cheapy D
D List: Wombat, Shipwreck

As for the code Shipwreck I would like a PS3 version if possible ;)

Edited by Davestation, 07 February 2012 - 03:18 AM.

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#110 Karnivor

Karnivor

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hell yea Nestle Crunch! Crackle and Crunch need to make it happen. More Crackle Shipwreck! (sure to be confused with "more cowbell")

#111 FairyLeviathan

FairyLeviathan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

I'm interested in the ps3 versions of the dead island dlc codes. Also, yet another wonderful cagcast that I listened to about 3 times already over the weekend OTW to work.

I love you guys! Especially Wombat cause his sense of humor is similar to mine.

Kudos to Cheapy and Shipwreck for being excellent minions to Wombat's wretched hive of scum and villainy. If I had one wish, it's that each episode would be 90 minutes or longer just so I can listen to more real-life antics between you three.

Thanks for everything and see you next week! ~Fairy Leviathan / Crystal Sea Fate
Posted Image

You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane, FFIX

#112 DarthCAG

DarthCAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks so much for another great show!
Internet celebs that I am familiar with include: Major Nelson and Cheapy D and Shipwreck!
I loved Dead Island and would love to play the DLC on PS3 please!

#113 MisterSmi13y

MisterSmi13y

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

A-The Penny Arcade guys, PAX baby
B- Felicia Day
C- Wombat P

and if I could get either of the xbox codes taht woud be awesome

#114 portland485

portland485

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Cheapy, I bought saints row, its shaq-fuing awesome! Is the season pass worht the $20?

Picked up dead island too. Shipwreck, a 360 code would be awesome!

Great show guys!
A little place called Aspen.... where the beer flows like wine and the women flock instinctively like the salmon of the Capistrana.

#115 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Wombat use wifi at home and then you will be more than ok on cell data usage.

#116 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

Nice show guys. The intro made me laugh for some reason, even though I've heard that song a 100 times. Also, Dead Island DLC for the 360 por favor!
Posted Image

#117 Clue

Clue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hmm, internet celebrities.

Well, lets look at objectively in how we compare to what people would consider normal celebrities and derive some universal guidelines.

A List - People who have had over a length of time a large popular following. I would say to make the A list you would need to have ventured into the mainstream media relatively often, be that through movies, TV shows, magazines or conventions. Also included in here would be people who have been both successful and popular in mainstream media as well as online media.

Examples: Penny Arcade Guys, Leo Laporte, Felicia Day, Will Wheaton, Mark Zuckerberg

B List - People who are very well known in a specific niche genre on the internet. They may have had a passing note in mainstream media from time to time but are largely know by their dedicated genre and fan base. Often thought of in relation to a specific website. I would say that most of the popular podcast groups would fall under this heading.

Examples: Rooster Teeth chaps, Cheapy and crew, Jonathan Coultran, Giant Bombcast guys.

C List - The one hit wonders of the internet. Often occurs due to a sudden uptake of a meme or attaching of mainstream media note. Largely forgotten in a few months never to rise again.

Examples: Rebecca Black, Star Wars Kid

From what I could find, the full size krackel bar was discontinued sometime between 1998 and 2006 (reports vary). Apparently it had something to do with a change in chocolate formula which would have forbade them from continuing to put "milk chocolate" on the wrapper due to a reduced cocca butter content.

Oh and if any PC codes happen to fall my way that would be pretty cool.

Edited by Clue, 07 February 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#118 Dee_Lucky

Dee_Lucky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

Wombat should've jumped at the opportunity to lose weight at hundred dollars a pound. I don't care what tax bracket your in, thats a deal. Its a shame wombat didn't seem interested. Especially considering his constant dieting.

#119 uScGoo

uScGoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Xbox 360 Codes please

A List - Penny Arcade
B List - Major Nelson
C List - CAG
"I want the people to know that they still have two out of three branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad."

-President Dale
Mars Attacks

#120 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

Why do people keep saying Penny Arcade? That is not a person, its a brand. Most people have heard of Penny Arcade in the gaming community, but can the same people name one or both of the guys behind it? If so than they deserve to be in the higher ranking, if its just the brand recognition than the brand is more famous than the brand's creator. So if a Brand is bigger than its creators, is that really making them A-list celeberties? Marc Zuckerberg was overshadowed by facebook but when the movie came out he became well known. So now many people can tell you who Mark Zuckerberg is, but before that he was just a creator overshadowed by his creation. Same goes with twitter, it's huge but many people do not know who the creators are. Twitter as a brand will be on the A-List but the creators are not known all that well so they can fall lower on the list.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]