Photo
- - - - -

Kmart closing store 30% off games and accesories, including Vita.

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

I stopped by the Kmart near me and they are NOT closing! I even argued with the electronics sales rep over the fact; at first I thought that he was just being optimistic. Then finally I confirmed it with the manager: my store is not closing and, furthermore (according to him) probably never will.

The actual number of kmart stores closing is relatively small. For example. I don't think there is one closing in my entire state.

#62 vc318

vc318

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

Wow. I hope someone is lucky enough to locate the $19.99 PS3 controller bundles at their nearest closing store. Could be an extra 30% off the price there. LOL

#63 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Anyone stopped by their stores lately? know if its gone to 40-50% off?

#64 PANZERGRENADIER

PANZERGRENADIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

mine is at 50 off

#65 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

Thanks will check mine tomorrow then, maybe they'll still have some vita games since they were kinda hidden last time.

#66 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

A close by store had no systems. And no good games left.

nihilence.png

#67 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

my local store isn't closing down here in Huntington:-), already had one across the bridge in Chesapeke OH close down a few years back.

#68 jigsaw918

jigsaw918

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

i didnt know kmart still existed in physical form...thought it went the way of circuitcity. kmart makes walmart look like target. :p lol

#69 TheRyno665

TheRyno665

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I haven't been to my local closing K-Mart in a few weeks but last time I went, games were 40% off and clearance and systems/bundles were at 20% off. But there was hardly anything left worth buying. I might go back tonight to give you guys an update but I can't imagine there being much of anything left.

#70 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Don't worry, it won't be long until they close all their stores. Unless they get saved under bankruptcy again. Kmart is so bad, they go bankrupt during the .com bust, reorganize, come out of bankruptcy as a "new" company, but Sears and Lands End. Now they're selling Land's End and closing stores left right and center.

Kmart is fucking stupid because they didn't learn from their mistakes and modernize their POS stores.

#71 czissis

czissis

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

The store by my work supposedly is closing for good tomorrow (according to a newspaper article from a while ago).

I went yesterday, 40% games, 25% accessories, 20% systems.

The only games left were still all more expensive than most deals you can find elsewhere. No systems left. I'll stop in tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

#72 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Don't worry, it won't be long until they close all their stores. Unless they get saved under bankruptcy again. Kmart is so bad, they go bankrupt during the .com bust, reorganize, come out of bankruptcy as a "new" company, but Sears and Lands End. Now they're selling Land's End and closing stores left right and center.

Kmart is fucking stupid because they didn't learn from their mistakes and modernize their POS stores.

That's the thing though. How can they afford to modernize their stores when they're paying millions to the boobs that keep running it on the business as usual course and keep running it into the fuckin' ground?

If anything, they should force their CEO's n other shmucks that continue to do this out and put in some new people that might actually know what the Fuck they're doing.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#73 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hm, none at all in Illinois; that is a good thing to see that none are closing around here, though the CAG in me wants a discount! hahah

They closed a couple in Illinois last time.

#74 Miketheking

Miketheking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have 3 kmarts in my city plus the 1 few minutes out my city, so make it 4 then 1 of them is closing so 3 now.

#75 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

F-uck Kmart. I want to ride the coupon train again.

#76 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

I've got 10 days til close at my closest K-Mart. Games are still at 50%, with no real bargains left. Consoles are 30%, I believe, but all they have in that area is a few DSi's. My buddy did score a FEB Vita for 30% there about a week and a half ago.

#77 daminion

daminion

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

They closed, and clearanced out, a Sears by me, only to open a Kmart in it's place 2 days later.

Made absolutely no sense...

#78 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmm the one in Medina, Oh. is only like half hour away from me.. Wonder what they have left.

SnoT8282.png

#79 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Wow. I hope someone is lucky enough to locate the $19.99 PS3 controller bundles at their nearest closing store. Could be an extra 30% off the price there. LOL

I don't think it works that way. A liquidation company comes in and marks everything back to MSRP, then they start the markdown process.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#80 TheRyno665

TheRyno665

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't think it works that way. A liquidation company comes in and marks everything back to MSRP, then they start the markdown process.

Yup. For example, I went back to my local closing K-Mart and they had 3 copies of Rayman Origins for the 360 left, as the only real decent game left worth buying. However, it was still at $59.99 so even at 50% off, you could still get it cheaper at GameStop right now and probably price match it at other places, so it's not a deal.