kingdoms of amalur reckoning guide preorder best deal 16.51$

gauu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
i felt a new post was needed since both future press and amazon had much higher costs. barnes and noble here....
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kingdoms-of-amalur-electronic-arts/1108613465?ean=9780744013948

has the guide for 16.51$ the only thing i see weird is that it states its by brady not futurepress so not sure if thats a typo or what??? it also does have a different isbn number too. either way im ordering 2 and once release date gets closer ill decide if i keep this order or amazons.

Thats odd. Good price though. I'd bite but $3.99 shipping sucks. Maybe if there's a coupon/free shipping code out there I'll order one.

its just supposed to be the one hardcover book from futurepress like darksouls had. also to shock if you add 25$ or more you get free shipping so its not bad.

I'm surprised that B&N actually cheaper than Amazon. The ISBN# is pointing to the same book on Amazon, so it looks like it's the real deal. Well, Dark Soul was around $17, so I think B&N price is right (more pages though). Amazon is slipping...

yah its just odd the number points to the same book but is different number that and the brady publishing instead of futurepress. either way im going with them. 10$ saved over amazon ill take any day.

As I mentioned in both other guide threads, FuturePress is using Brady as the distributor of the guide in NA, but the guide is still published / made by FuturePress.

Also, let's try to get Amazon to PM, lol.

Submitted the price match to Amazon. Got mine order through the Book Depository for $21 and change currently.

[quote name='chahi']Use coupon code "DEALPRO15B" to get 15% off the most expensive item in your order (Expires 2/8).

In for one. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
Coupon code didnt work for me.

[quote name='chahi']Use coupon code "DEALPRO15B" to get 15% off the most expensive item in your order (Expires 2/8).

In for one. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Coupon doesn't work, despite the fact that this item doesn't fall outside the guidelines for eligibility.

Guys, this doesn't appear to be the same book as Amazon. Or, more correctly, there are TWO versions of the book. Amazon lists two ISBNs- one for a 500 page guide, and 1 for a 600 page guide:

600 page Hardcover: 978-3869930572 Publisher: Future Press
500 Page Hardcover: 9780744013948 Publisher: Brady Games (Signature Series)

Amazon CS also confirms two versions, but I cannot determine what that extra 100 pages is for.

The BN website lists the 500 page book.

[quote name='shattered']Guys, this doesn't appear to be the same book as Amazon. Or, more correctly, there are TWO versions of the book. Amazon lists two ISBNs- one for a 500 page guide, and 1 for a 600 page guide:

600 page Hardcover: 978-3869930572 Publisher: Future Press
500 Page Hardcover: 9780744013948 Publisher: Brady Games (Signature Series)

Amazon CS also confirms two versions, but I cannot determine what that extra 100 pages is for.

The BN website lists the 500 page book.[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed before. Their is only one book. It was originally scheduled for an earlier release and was shorter then the 600 pages (some websites had it at 400 and some had it at 500). How it was explaind to me was that they decided to add extra pages and that pushed the release date back.

Unless you guys know something I don't we will all get the same guide

Tempted to buy this one either here or amazon
21.gif

[quote name='AwRy108']Coupon doesn't work, despite the fact that this item doesn't fall outside the guidelines for eligibility.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, yes, it does:
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(R) devices and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
It doesn't work on preorders. :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Barnes & Noble just cancelled my order. Bastards.

We apologize, but despite our efforts, we weren't able to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. These items have been canceled from your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to your next visit to http://www.bn.com.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble

Price also skyrocketed to MSRP. Sounds like B&N is lying and doesn't want to honor their own deal. Glad I never ordered it and based on the lie they told I don't plan on it. If they said it was a price mistake and can honor it at say $20 instead of $15 and change. Then ok fine, but they said they they aren't able to fulfill the order. Makes me think it's an inventory issue, not a "oops we screwed up" issue.

Got the cancellation as well... Too bad because I was looking forward to this. Is amazon the next best reliable deal? (I don't really like the idea of ordering a guide from overseas; it's a gamble as it is to get them from amazon and have them arrive in good condition

[quote name='GBAstar']Got the cancellation as well... Too bad because I was looking forward to this. Is amazon the next best reliable deal? (I don't really like the idea of ordering a guide from overseas; it's a gamble as it is to get them from amazon and have them arrive in good condition[/QUOTE]

26.99 is apparently the retail markup on this particular guide, so gamestop, amazon, etc should all have the 26.99 price as of right now from what I understand.

Well I guess we can add barnes and nobles to the "suck ass" retailers list... i was cancled as well. 26.xx is a little to high for me to buy the guide from amazon, since I am already out 300 for a copy of the special and collector editions of Kingdoms of Amular.

B&N is notorious for canceling price mistakes and they'll do nothing about it.

If $27 is normal price for this, I have no doubt it'll be easier to find than the Skyrim guide was.

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet *crosses fingers*

I wound up ordering some Manga with the guide to get the free shipping, so I'm hoping they are not waiting until the remaining items in my order ship before cancelling. *crosses fingers again*

Mine was cancelled as well, making it the fourth thing they've cancelled in the past year. My membership is ending at the end of the month, but I don't think I'll renew this time. While I enjoyed their old 50% off coupons and random stacking promos they've cut down on that in the past 8 months. Too bad.

bread's done
Back