Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo 3DS $149.99 at Gamestop (2/7 to 2/12)

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#31 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

If I didn't already have one I would defintely bite at this price. I've gotten endless hours of entertainment out of it just from Mario 3Dland and Mario Kart 7 alone. And I have never had any of the battery "issues" people (who usually don't own one) talk about

#32 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm on the waiting on a redesign boat. It's inevitable.

#33 killyourfm

killyourfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Does this mean it will be a universal price drop?

No. The managers I spoke to at various Gamestops say this is a sale initiated by Nintendo, limited time only. But is it to get consumers on the fence about 3DS to spend their money on THAT before the Vita launches? Absolutely.

#34 Kanelly

Kanelly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Honestly with the design flaws of the launch 3DS (no 2nd analog, over-reliance on 3D, cheap hinges, screen scratching, limited library), I can't see buying one at all; it just doesn't seem like a well designed and manufactured product.

I'm still on the fence about the Vita as well; hardware looks fantastic but the launch titles are not must-haves for me, and of course the price is pretty high. I may just wait for Vita bundle deals/sales/incentives down the line. Although I do think the system itself is very high quality and well designed.

Have you seen any trailers for Army Corps of Hell? It's like Pikmin with demons and over-the-top gore. If that's not tempting, I don't know what is.

#35 Doom Kvlt

Doom Kvlt

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Have you seen any trailers for Army Corps of Hell? It's like Pikmin with demons and over-the-top gore. If that's not tempting, I don't know what is.

It has also been condemned as incredibly shallow and repetitive.

#36 illmatic21

illmatic21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Right when I was about to trade my ambassador 3DS in towards a Vita. I like the system but I'd rather have the Vita because I have so many downloaded PS1 and even some PSP games that I can play on there. I hope the trade in value didn't drop too much.

#37 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

bleh its looking more and more like the revision is coming in E3, hmmm pretty good deal though, mario kart 7 and mario 3D land are worth the system

#38 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

don't bother with chimpmeister. he's been trolling every single 3DS thread since it was announced.

Right when I was about to trade my ambassador 3DS in towards a Vita. I like the system but I'd rather have the Vita because I have so many downloaded PS1 and even some PSP games that I can play on there. I hope the trade in value didn't drop too much.

You can sell ambassador 3DS for more on ebay cause some people want the free games.

Edited by confoosious, 08 February 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#39 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Redesign boat here too, also no pokemon main series RPG = no sale. I also have a massive backlog of games. 3DS is an inferior product, no games are out that I actually want to play (I don't care about Mario games). By the time a Pokemon RPG comes out, there will be a redesign and all the old games will be nice and cheap. I can catch up then.

I also think I have every ambassador game on GBA cartridge and a backlit GBA SP to play them on, so really, I have no use for an ambassador system. I would rather save as much money as possible if I decide to purchase a 3DS.

#40 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Still holding out on the inevitable "lite" version.

Hopefully the new model (hopefully Q4 of this year) will com with the 2nd analog built in, it should of launched with 2 analogs to begin with.

#41 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

they really are taking their time with the redesign. every day it's not announced, the chances of E3 announcement+Christmas release increases :/
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#42 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

they really are taking their time with the redesign. every day it's not announced, the chances of E3 announcement+Christmas release increases :/

The thing is a lot of people forget that the circle pad pro or whatever it's called isn't just a second analog stick but also adds two triggers. It's gonna be a little more complicated to have a redesign with the shoulder buttons and triggers. I'm not saying it's impossible but you have to imagine that it will take them some time to find a good design that's thin and ergonomic as well as functional.

ostzsk.jpg

#43 waltercartman

waltercartman

Don't Be A Dingus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Ive been on the fence for a while now. But went and picked one up. I Love Mario and that game alone is worth it to me.

Very Sweet system glad i got it :)
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176686"][/URL]

#44 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Redesign boat here too, also no pokemon main series RPG = no sale. I also have a massive backlog of games. 3DS is an inferior product, no games are out that I actually want to play (I don't care about Mario games). By the time a Pokemon RPG comes out, there will be a redesign and all the old games will be nice and cheap. I can catch up then.

I also think I have every ambassador game on GBA cartridge and a backlit GBA SP to play them on, so really, I have no use for an ambassador system. I would rather save as much money as possible if I decide to purchase a 3DS.

Good points. I still have my GBASP and many games for it, would much rather play them on that than the 3DS, where the emulation will be much inferior (due to the upper screen design).

#45 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hahaha I love when they price drop RIGHT before Vita launches

#46 postnet92

postnet92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

They might but I'd only expect like $10-20 from it.. if that. Probably have better luck with Amazon, Craigslist, Best Buy (maybe), or eBay. I know that was an obvious reply but hey :p

they take nothing older than ps2

#47 GunPanther

GunPanther

I whack the whak before the whak whacks back.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

I want a 3ds XL.

a 3D screen the size of the DSi XL's screens? Both screens being the size of what the DSi XL already offers?

hellz yes.

c'mon Nintendo! just redesign it into a 3DS XL (with DUAL analog sticks), offer it for $199.99 and you will give the Vita a run for its money.
"Not sure how to solve your problems? Fill em' full of lead and see how many problems you have left. "

http://users.ign.com...mleader_panther

#48 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

So this a price drop and not just on sale?

#49 200STM

200STM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

On top your saying no but under the covers you say yes..... get a 3DS.....

#50 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

I want a 3ds XL.

I want this. Give me the best of both worlds. Larger screens of the DSi XL and the new hardware of the 3DS combined.

I've wanted a DSi XL because I mostly game at home. The thing stopping me from buying a DSi XL is I heard that the virtual console can't be played on a DSi system.

I also want the 3DS for the exclusives and the virtual console. I might jump on this 3DS if I manage to gather the funds.

#51 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

I want a 3ds XL.

I want this. Give me the best of both worlds. Larger screens of the DSi XL and the new hardware of the 3DS combined.

I've wanted a DSi XL because I mostly game at home. The thing stopping me from buying a DSi XL is I heard that the virtual console can't be played on a DSi system.

I also want the 3DS for the exclusives and the virtual console. I might jump on this 3DS if I manage to gather the funds.

Agreed. I also don't want to buy the circle pad pro for a 2nd analog stick because it is way too huge.

#52 Doom Kvlt

Doom Kvlt

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nintendo is focused on the Wii U this year, so I wouldn't expect a redesign announcement anytime soon.

#53 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

I just finished Super Mario 3d Land last night. Buying the system for that game alone is worth it. I also really liked Pilotwings:Resort although that doesn't seem to be how most people feel. This is a great deal but you'll have to buy a better battery, as it sucks.

#54 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Agreed. I also don't want to buy the circle pad pro for a 2nd analog stick because it is way too huge.

I kind of forgot about that. Yes add to a 3DS XL, the 2nd circle pad/analog stick built-in.

It would be even more awesome if this 3DS XL had the Gameboy Advance SP slot for older titles (GB/GBC/GBA). Picture this a 3DS (with the 2nd circle pad) the size of a DSi XL with a GBA SP game slot at the bottom.

Then again, that might discourage Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance titles from being downloaded/offered on the Virtual Console.

So I'd settle with a 3DS the size of a DSi XL with a DS Lite slot for most GBA titles/DS accessories.

#55 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

I am still catching up on DS library, but I have to admit Nintendo's been aggressive since the cool launch period where it felt had scarce library with high price. If it at $150 bundle this holiday or down to $120-130 range...unless as everyone is saying 3DS v 2.0 comes out this year.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#56 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Granted I picked up several $5 3DS games from Best Buy this holiday season, but I still can't bring myself to buy the system when I know an improved 3DS with a second stick is coming in the next 12 months.

The handful of games I really want to play on the system are still too expensive anyway.

#57 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Nintendo is focused on the Wii U this year, so I wouldn't expect a redesign announcement anytime soon.

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone thinks an updated 3DS is coming this year. It is obvious the focus this year will be on the Wii U. Also, it took two years last time for Nintendo to release an updated DS (and longer than that to release one with additional features.)

While there may be an outside chance that there could be one for the hollidays, I think it is more likely to happen next year.
Posted Image

#58 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Will wait for Redesign would 2nd circle pad included. This is not a bad price though.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#59 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Nintendo would be dumb to release an updated 3DS right now. Not happening this year. Lowering the price then piss off the consumers that just bought one. Especially parents. Anyways, pretty good price on the 3DS. However i recommend the dsixl instead.

#60 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

It is foolish to think that a 3DS redesign will come in the next year. People are definitely spoiled by buying new cellphones every year just because of a slightly better feature. For $150, it's a good price, but I don't really want to buy a console from Gamestop anyway.

Batsugunner.png