Nintendo 3DS $149.99 at Gamestop (2/7 to 2/12)

lross

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this was posted or not, did a quick scan of the first few pages and didn't see anything. Feel free to ridicule and shame if already posted :)

I was at Gamestop this afternoon and noticed a "New Low Price" sticker on the 3DS consoles labeled at $149. Did a quick check of their site and it is indeed being marked as $149 new valid 2/7-2/12. This also happens to include the Pink 3DS that releases on 2/10.

Here is the site link:
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/nintendo-3ds

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Even the pink one?! I smell Vita! That pink 1 is so purtay![/QUOTE]

I smell 2 analog 3ds by e3

Damn this is just getting more and more tempting. I have a bunch of stuff I can get rid of, would GS take a Dreamcast lol?

[quote name='Shimrra']Damn this is just getting more and more tempting. I have a bunch of stuff I can get rid of, would GS take a Dreamcast lol?[/QUOTE]

They might but I'd only expect like $10-20 from it.. if that. Probably have better luck with Amazon, Craigslist, Best Buy (maybe), or eBay. I know that was an obvious reply but hey :p

Should I get a 3ds now or wait for the next generation to come that will hopefully fix all the problems?

I was more tempted by the CowBoom offer last week for a refurb for $120. Then I realized that I probably wouldn't have much time to play with it. Given all of my other bills, I'm kinda glad I passed, but this is still a temptation for me.

Now, if I could get a DSi for $49.99...

[quote name='Techman16']Should I get a 3ds now or wait for the next generation to come that will hopefully fix all the problems?[/QUOTE]
I bought the 3DS at launch. I liked it a lot, though I was most annoyed by the limited viewing angle for the 3D effect. So I sold it off.

I'm waiting for the inevitable redesign, whenever that comes. With the amount of competition 3DS has, I can't imagine the redesigned system will cost much more than the current one.

After scoring one for $99 over the holidays, I don't think I'll pay more than that for another one.

i bought one when target was doing that $50 gift with a 3ds plus $10 gift with a purchase of $50 or more + an $8 off coupon for purchases more than $80, not too mention i had about $180 of gift cards already so i guess less than $100 would be cheap in my book

If it drops to $150, then deals with gift cards in addition aren't far off, but I suppose this is only a weekend sale. Either way, I'll wait longer. We have one. I would like another at some point, but it needs to be uber cheap.

[quote name='Techman16']Should I get a 3ds now or wait for the next generation to come that will hopefully fix all the problems?[/QUOTE]

I personally want to wait, but if Animal Crossing 3DS comes out before then, I'll have to bite. I LOVE Animal Crossing.

[quote name='barrit']After scoring one for $99 over the holidays, I don't think I'll pay more than that for another one.[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that deal...

[quote name='Brother Daz']Right! Its getting really hard to say no[/QUOTE]

I'll give you two reasons to say no.

1) A 35 second battery life
2) An inevitable redesign.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I must have missed that deal...[/QUOTE]

I remember 1 or 2 stores being listed with the $99 price. It wasn't universal and I don't think their names were familiar. Not to me, at least.

[quote name='grumpier']I smell 2 analog 3ds by e3[/QUOTE]

I smell a new system being showed at E3 in the backrooms like i said 9 months ago

new handheld will see the light of day japan 2013 hoilday 2013 usa/canda

[quote name='ZForce915']I'll give you two reasons to say no.

1) A 35 second battery life
2) An inevitable redesign.[/QUOTE]thats the main reason I've not bought one yet.

[quote name='jling84']Is there still any way to get the black Zelda 3DS?[/QUOTE]

Find one used or just get really really lucky. Even still, it'd probably be marked at $200 and not be eligible for the sale.

[quote name='Survivalism']Is the battery life really that bad?[/QUOTE]
from what I have read you can get 3-5 hours playing 3D games and 5-8 for regular DS games.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I must have missed that deal...[/QUOTE]

It was a regional deal I guess you can call it. HEB had a sale on them for $99 and I price matched at Walmart.

Honestly with the design flaws of the launch 3DS (no 2nd analog, over-reliance on 3D, cheap hinges, screen scratching, limited library), I can't see buying one at all; it just doesn't seem like a well designed and manufactured product.

I'm still on the fence about the Vita as well; hardware looks fantastic but the launch titles are not must-haves for me, and of course the price is pretty high. I may just wait for Vita bundle deals/sales/incentives down the line. Although I do think the system itself is very high quality and well designed.

If I didn't already have one I would defintely bite at this price. I've gotten endless hours of entertainment out of it just from Mario 3Dland and Mario Kart 7 alone. And I have never had any of the battery "issues" people (who usually don't own one) talk about

[quote name='neonglow']Does this mean it will be a universal price drop?[/QUOTE]

No. The managers I spoke to at various Gamestops say this is a sale initiated by Nintendo, limited time only. But is it to get consumers on the fence about 3DS to spend their money on THAT before the Vita launches? Absolutely.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Honestly with the design flaws of the launch 3DS (no 2nd analog, over-reliance on 3D, cheap hinges, screen scratching, limited library), I can't see buying one at all; it just doesn't seem like a well designed and manufactured product.

I'm still on the fence about the Vita as well; hardware looks fantastic but the launch titles are not must-haves for me, and of course the price is pretty high. I may just wait for Vita bundle deals/sales/incentives down the line. Although I do think the system itself is very high quality and well designed.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen any trailers for Army Corps of Hell? It's like Pikmin with demons and over-the-top gore. If that's not tempting, I don't know what is.

[quote name='Kanelly']Have you seen any trailers for Army Corps of Hell? It's like Pikmin with demons and over-the-top gore. If that's not tempting, I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

It has also been condemned as incredibly shallow and repetitive.

Right when I was about to trade my ambassador 3DS in towards a Vita. I like the system but I'd rather have the Vita because I have so many downloaded PS1 and even some PSP games that I can play on there. I hope the trade in value didn't drop too much.

bleh its looking more and more like the revision is coming in E3, hmmm pretty good deal though, mario kart 7 and mario 3D land are worth the system

[quote name='Kanelly']Have you seen any trailers for Army Corps of Hell? It's like Pikmin with demons and over-the-top gore. If that's not tempting, I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

don't bother with chimpmeister. he's been trolling every single 3DS thread since it was announced.

[quote name='illmatic21']Right when I was about to trade my ambassador 3DS in towards a Vita. I like the system but I'd rather have the Vita because I have so many downloaded PS1 and even some PSP games that I can play on there. I hope the trade in value didn't drop too much.[/QUOTE]

You can sell ambassador 3DS for more on ebay cause some people want the free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redesign boat here too, also no pokemon main series RPG = no sale. I also have a massive backlog of games. 3DS is an inferior product, no games are out that I actually want to play (I don't care about Mario games). By the time a Pokemon RPG comes out, there will be a redesign and all the old games will be nice and cheap. I can catch up then.

I also think I have every ambassador game on GBA cartridge and a backlit GBA SP to play them on, so really, I have no use for an ambassador system. I would rather save as much money as possible if I decide to purchase a 3DS.

Still holding out on the inevitable "lite" version.

Hopefully the new model (hopefully Q4 of this year) will com with the 2nd analog built in, it should of launched with 2 analogs to begin with.

they really are taking their time with the redesign. every day it's not announced, the chances of E3 announcement+Christmas release increases :/

[quote name='Drclaw411']they really are taking their time with the redesign. every day it's not announced, the chances of E3 announcement+Christmas release increases :/[/QUOTE]

The thing is a lot of people forget that the circle pad pro or whatever it's called isn't just a second analog stick but also adds two triggers. It's gonna be a little more complicated to have a redesign with the shoulder buttons and triggers. I'm not saying it's impossible but you have to imagine that it will take them some time to find a good design that's thin and ergonomic as well as functional.

Ive been on the fence for a while now. But went and picked one up. I Love Mario and that game alone is worth it to me.

Very Sweet system glad i got it :)

[quote name='SaraAB']Redesign boat here too, also no pokemon main series RPG = no sale. I also have a massive backlog of games. 3DS is an inferior product, no games are out that I actually want to play (I don't care about Mario games). By the time a Pokemon RPG comes out, there will be a redesign and all the old games will be nice and cheap. I can catch up then.

I also think I have every ambassador game on GBA cartridge and a backlit GBA SP to play them on, so really, I have no use for an ambassador system. I would rather save as much money as possible if I decide to purchase a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Good points. I still have my GBASP and many games for it, would much rather play them on that than the 3DS, where the emulation will be much inferior (due to the upper screen design).

[quote name='BiggyP2P']They might but I'd only expect like $10-20 from it.. if that. Probably have better luck with Amazon, Craigslist, Best Buy (maybe), or eBay. I know that was an obvious reply but hey :p[/QUOTE]
they take nothing older than ps2

[quote name='mrx001']I want a 3ds XL.[/QUOTE]

a 3D screen the size of the DSi XL's screens? Both screens being the size of what the DSi XL already offers?

hellz yes.

c'mon Nintendo! just redesign it into a 3DS XL (with DUAL analog sticks), offer it for $199.99 and you will give the Vita a run for its money.

bread's done
Back