Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo 3DS $149.99 at Gamestop (2/7 to 2/12)

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hmm, I have to amend my earlier statement about Mario 3D Land ... replayability is actually pretty high with the special worlds that unlock after the main game and those are pretty challenging. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say that Mario gameplay takes on a whole new feeling when something that can kill you is chasing you through a level. ;)

That sound a lot more like what I heard on the Bombcast a few weeks ago; earlier I was like what, it was easy!?
Posted Image

#122 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

That sound a lot more like what I heard on the Bombcast a few weeks ago; earlier I was like what, it was easy!?

Yeah, the levels for the main game are pretty easy and they're a bit shorter than past Mario games, but when I originally posted I was on the last set of main levels. I knew that new levels unlocked after you beat the game but I didn't realize it was all of the levels with new enemies and new powerups, I was expecting maybe 10 or 20 new levels and not a complete run with more challenge. Pretty cool stuff, so between that and Revelations, it's a good time to pick up a 3DS.

#123 oni-link

oni-link

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

great time to get in on the system with deals like this. also the big games are beginning to hit the systems as well.

#124 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Also ever notice how the old model is immediately forgotten once the new one comes out? I mean who talks about the phat DS now, it plays games just as good as a DS Lite but its all been forgotten now. If you are have an old NIntendo handheld its immediately forgotten once the new one gets released and you are living in the past if you have one and still play games on it.

Not everyone forgets about the old system. I've been trying to find one on ebay for a while now. Most go for around $40. Then again, I play games from all generations. Guess I'm living in the past too. That's ok, it's not as expensive to live in the past.

#125 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Mario 3D Land is a great game....for about 18 hours. That's how long it took me to beat every main level and every bonus level. Now, the only time I put the game in is when I get a streetpass hit on it.

#126 Pheria

Pheria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

thanks fellas... I'm glad I didn't get got by buying that Best Buy warranty

;)

Yeah, never go for extended warranties. Sure, they can be handy if a device goes bad, but I think it makes so much more sense to do it differently. If you have a device you're debating an extended warranty for, just put how much money the warranty would have cost away. Set it aside somewhere. Do this for all devices you're interested in protecting.

Even in doing this for a few devices you will have enough money to replace one, should one break. It's pretty unlikely all of them will break. And if none of them break, you haven't lost any money gambling on warranties.

It's like your own insurance policy.

#127 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

If you really want an extended warranty, get one from Squaretrade. Honestly though, Nintendo would probably charge you around $70 to get that system repaired should you choose not to buy the extended warranty. That is if you have it repaired out of warranty and they charge you a repair fee. Nintendo gives a 1 year warranty on all consoles and you get an extension if you register on club nintendo. I wouldn't buy a warranty on Nintendo products, there really is no need to, since they have pretty great customer service. So put $70-80 aside and hope for the best.

#128 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I want to buy a DS, don't really care if it's 3ds or regular old ds, they still haven't dropped the price on the DSi, or XL which is dame shame. The system cost to manufacturer should be well enough to pass more savings to consumers by now.

#129 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hmm, I have to amend my earlier statement about Mario 3D Land ... replayability is actually pretty high with the special worlds that unlock after the main game and those are pretty challenging. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say that Mario gameplay takes on a whole new feeling when something that can kill you is chasing you through a level. ;)

Shadow Mario is a pain when you're trying to get all the star coins in a level. I tried to get all the star coins the first time through and then went through again to flagpole the levels as both Mario and Luigi. After I got all the star coins and was repeating the level it was pretty easy to avoid Shadow Mario most of the time.

#130 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Anyone was successful price matching this at best buy? I could not find a printed ad at my local Gamestop

#131 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

Can someone give an honest comment regarding the top screen scratching the bottom screen "issue" of the 3DS? Is that really an issue? The demo units in the stores are obviously not a good way to tell... thanks in advance!

#132 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Can someone give an honest comment regarding the top screen scratching the bottom screen "issue" of the 3DS? Is that really an issue? The demo units in the stores are obviously not a good way to tell... thanks in advance!

It can be an issue if you let them set in. I started getting the smudges and put two rubber feet from an old ds lite on the system to keep the screens from touching. After a while, I wanted a better solution and decided to do the "wii tape trick" to seperate them. Got a pink 3ds for my wife this past Christmas. Nintendo had lengthened the bumpers so I didn't have to do the tape trick again.

#133 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

I've had mine since launch and it hasn't been an issue for me. I get smudges on tw top screen, but that's it. No scratches or anything that's caused me any concern.

#134 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I've had mine since launch and it hasn't been an issue for me. I get smudges on tw top screen, but that's it. No scratches or anything that's caused me any concern.

Thank you, I will take your words for it, the Newegg two stars comment really bothers me, probably from a troll. I'll get one from BB or something, it seems Newegg got the "dead on arrival" review as well...

#135 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Just get a top screen protector to help alleviate any worries of the top screen scratching due to the bottom screen. I got the Hori ones on Amazon and they work flawlessly, even if I can see a slight scratch of 2 vertical lines in the top protector but not the screen itself. I just bought my Aqua blue 3DS 2 months ago too.

#136 Bryce3333

Bryce3333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Those levels elicited some curses from me....

#137 Bryce3333

Bryce3333

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

I see smudges on my 3ds top screen but it doesn't distract from the image, their pretty faint