Metacritic Ratings

Get Ready, Gotham...
Hatched from the twisted minds at Monolith Productions,
Gotham City Impostors is a download-only multiplayer FPS
that pits violent vigilantes dressed up like Batman against
craven criminals dressed up like the Joker in open warfare on
the streets of Gotham City.

Why fight crime when you can kill it.
Gotham City has gone insane! Batman is up to his pointy ears in unwanted "helpers" determined to dish out their own bloodthirsty brand of vigilante justice in his name (and image). Meanwhile, a small army of self-appointed junior Jokerz has turned the streets of Gotham into a barmy battlefield of bullets, bodies, and bear traps.

More customization than you can shake a shotgun at
Packing more customization than you can shake a shotgun at, you get to choose the guns, gadgets and even the hairdos that fit your personality and play style. It doesn't matter if you want to be a mighty muscleman on roller skates with a hunting bow or a lithe lassie packing a homebrew rocket launcher and glider wings, Gotham City Impostors does not have rigid character classes and lets you play the way you want.

1000 levels of player advancement overflowing with upgrades and unlocks
A robust level up system lets you unlock all the items required to make your impostor as crazy as you desire. Whether you prefer to develop your impostor by proving your prowess in solo challenges designed to test your skills and reflexes or by battling your way to the top of the scoreboard in several delightfully over-the-top multiplayer modes, there's a surefire way for you to realize your preposterous potential!

UPDATE: The first set of DLC for Gotham City Impostors, coming out in March, will be FREE

Edited by MrPiggles, 16 February 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#2 infamy

infamy

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Will try it when I get home!

#3 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Game looks quite interesting. I'd like to pick it up within the next month when I get time!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I played the beta a little bit, and while it was fun at times it was also very frustrating at times as well. The Hunting Bow is freaking awesome if you are great at getting just one shot in.

What I got from the game was that it was essentially CoD with some Batman flavor (and quite a bit of humor, as well).

#5 Khondor

Khondor

I'll be Gentle..!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Game has such a TF2 feel, I love it.
This is gonna cut into my MW3 time.

-Member: Wombat appreciation society

I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end....!

#6 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Loving this game so far but I also loved the beta. I just think some weapons are still overpowered though.

#7 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

This game is amazing, I also played in the beta so I knew I was going to get it right away. It's a shame that I'm pretty sure the freeze gun got nerfed even though it wasn't amazing in the beta to begin with :/
Posted Image

#8 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

How many maps/weapons/characters are there?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#9 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

How many maps/weapons/characters are there?

5 maps... unfortunately. i know its only $15 and in other games all you get for $15 is 5 maps... but this is a stand alone game, just curious as to how long 5 maps will last until i dont want to play them anymore... but the demo was alot of fun so ill prolly pick it up this weekend sometime.
not sure on how many weapons/characters
Posted Image

#10 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

5 maps... unfortunately. i know its only $15 and in other games all you get for $15 is 5 maps... but this is a stand alone game, just curious as to how long 5 maps will last until i dont want to play them anymore... but the demo was alot of fun so ill prolly pick it up this weekend sometime.
not sure on how many weapons/characters

You get to make your own character essentially based in the custom classes you can make which is similar to COD.

#11 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Best MP shooter on the market without a doubt of this and last year IMO.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#12 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

It plays a lot like Bioshock 2 did online, which I did enjoy, so I'm obviously enjoying this quite a bit so far. My only complaint is the extremely lag infested game that I occasionally get thrown into. For $15 it can't be beat. It's even getting free DLC next month.

630736.png

#13 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

I tried the demo earlier, while really digging the visual style and gadgets etc I didn't do very well. I'm pretty good at shooters, does this game have a learning curve?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#14 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Has the game changed much from the beta? I didn't care much for the beta. I would try it again, or buy it on sale, but it just seemed like a lot of good ideas but nothing to connect them.

Also, what is with the Batman license in this game? This is how I imagine the conversation going down.

Developer: Well, we have a really solid game here. Should be a lot of fun.
Publisher: Yes, yes, it looks good, but it will never sell without personallity. Remember Monday Night Combat?
D: Yes.
P: I know what this game needs, a license!
D: A license? Like what?
P: Well let's see, what do we have? I KNOW, A BATMAN GAME!
D: But batman doesn't use guns, and this is a shooter.
P: You'll figure it out.

#15 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

UPDATE: The first set of DLC for Gotham City Impostors, coming out in March, will be FREE

#16 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

It's not really DLC. It's a title update that will include some "free stuff".

#17 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

No, that's not true. While the DLC is certainly title-update like, and a title update will probably be released with it, it has to be a separate download since Microsoft licensing polices don't allow any new content to be included in title updates.

#18 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Updated Main post with Metacritic Ratings

#19 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

I thought I loved the trap in the box, but now I LOVE the air-space denier!

If they kept it up to date with new stuff all the time, I'd think of it as a Batman TF2.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#20 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

What does the air space denier do? Anything to do with the up draft vents? I have an unlock for a new gadget, but couldn't decide if I wanted the bear trap or that jack in a box bomb. I need to checkout the air space thing.

#21 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

It comes with one free map. That sounds like DLC to me.

Plus, MS limits the size of title updates. I don't remember how big, but it is pretty small. Like 4 MB or something. You can't fit a new map in a title update.

#22 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

The air space denier makes it so anybody with a gadget that gets them air (glider rig, bounce shoes, graplling gun) automatically falls to the ground in a stunned state. It's great for fumigation.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#23 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I was thinking about the bear trap and jack in the box bomb after playing fumigation for a while. People would plant those next to the gas things. I seemed to never notice them as I had bear traps stuck on me every 2 minutes. :)

#24 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

It comes with one free map. That sounds like DLC to me.

Plus, MS limits the size of title updates. I don't remember how big, but it is pretty small. Like 4 MB or something. You can't fit a new map in a title update.

Microsoft doesn't really have a limit on title updates, the BF3 updates are over 200 Mb. However, Microsoft doesn't allow new content in title updates, just patches and bugfixes

#25 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

sometimes i can get into a lobby that is great games over and over... and other times i can not get into a match loads everything up and then says "connection failure" ... its getting annoying.
Posted Image

#26 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

This seems like it'd be a fun game, but I played it for about eight seconds before I remembered why I fucking hate Xbox Live. Shame.

#27 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Wow, I thought I posted in this thread earlier but it was just the one for the clan... Granted, I post in it when I was really looking for this thread as I doubt I would ever be online at normal hours to be a useful clan member...

Anyhow, like you all I'm really enjoy the game (at least when its working mostly right), and have no regrets getting it! At this rate I'm going to have more hours spent on this than most retail games.... and I'm pretty darn sure I already have more time spent in CGI than any other download only game on either console.

Vulcan, it was pretty crazy to run into you in a random match like that... Even more crazy you recognized me as a CAG. Really glad that happened! :D

Anyone else who plays and does so allot in the US mornings don't hesitate to send me a friend request. :) (Others are more than welcome to do so also! Just realize my schedule doesn't leave much time to play during prime time.)

#28 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

I love this game. I hope the March patch fixes the matchmaking and lag problems, and doesn't keep splitting my damn party up into the opposite teams. Or killing me during a match and putting me on the opposite team.
Posted Image

#29 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Was crazy Inmate! At least I have people to play with finally! I'm also always up till the wee morning hours, so it works out grand! Psych profile rocks for major XP.

Vulcan7905.png

#30 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Was crazy Inmate! At least I have people to play with finally! I'm also always up till the wee morning hours, so it works out grand! Psych profile rocks for major XP.

Well, I'm always up in the wee hours of the morning... but only on the 360 on Sunday and Monday.

I game pretty much every US morning though. :)