Photo
- - - - -

Machete (2) Kills!: BOGO This Saturday only!

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Day One (or at least Weekend One).

Not too outraged by Lady Gaga. She'll fit in well with the movie's krazy antics, and the original had Lindsay Lohan for Christ's sake.

If I wanted Madonna in a movie I'd ask for Madonna, not her clone. But seriously Gaga looks way too much physically like Madonna, esp. in the face.
As for this movie it will start a race war and we'll all be for the worse. /end Alex Jones and sarcasm
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#32 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

If I wanted Madonna in a movie I'd ask for Madonna, not her clone. But seriously Gaga looks way too much physically like Madonna, esp. in the face.
As for this movie it will start a race war and we'll all be for the worse. /end Alex Jones and sarcasm

Madonna is way too fucking old. Did you even see the first movie?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#33 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I think his point was that Gaga is just ganking Madonna's gimmick and is a complete and utter phoney. Or maybe that's just my opinion...lol.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#34 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

can't wait for the teaser/trailer. I am sure the guys in the theater are going to go NUTS!

#35 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

I remember a friend of mine saying the first one was just propaganda against white people, can't wait to hear his rant about this one.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#36 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

I remember a friend of mine saying the first one was just propaganda against white people, can't wait to hear his rant about this one.

lol

#37 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I think his point was that Gaga is just ganking Madonna's gimmick and is a complete and utter phoney. Or maybe that's just my opinion...lol.

Well she is, but Madonna is way too old for this kinda movie. :lol:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#38 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

In for this one.

And, I need to get "Bad Ass" from Netflix.

#39 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

In for this one.

And, I need to get "Bad Ass" from Netflix.

Anyone seen this? Any good? If I liked Machete, will I like Bad Ass?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#40 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Got a good laugh out of the first one. "Machete don't text" is a classic line...

#41 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

One of the best scenes was when he takes a break at that dude's house and bangs his daughter and wife....while filming it and then makes a copy for the dude to watch...

#42 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Decided to watch the first one. Here's me during the movie (read left to right):

Spoiler

I guess that translates to, "I'd watch a sequel."

#43 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

first pic online!

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=96123

#44 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Agreed. Its hard to take a 60+ year old, 4 foot tall Mexican serious as a badass.

Only movie I saw worse than this one was Hobo with a Shotgun.

"Some day, you may grow up like me! A hobo... with a shotgun!"

#45 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Anyone seen this? Any good? If I liked Machete, will I like Bad Ass?

Badass was awesome. Amberlamps indeed.

#46 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!
:drool:
http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=96815

Posted Image

#47 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Yeah it's awesome and creepy all at once

#48 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

official release date!
http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=98893

#49 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Just in time for the Christmas season. I don't expect this to get nominated like Django, but it sure is welcome.

Batsugunner.png

#50 kodave

kodave

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'll only see it if they just make a fun movie and stop bashing the audience over the head with the blunt political commentary. That totally ruined the first one which would have been awesome without said political commentary.

#51 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

A conservative friend of mine hated the first one, I can't imagine why.:lol:

#52 kodave

kodave

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

A conservative friend of mine hated the first one, I can't imagine why.:lol:

I can see that. It's been a while since I saw the first movie but I probably agree with a lot of its political message, it was just so heavy handed and forced that it made the movie awful.

They did the same thing with Killing Them Softly. The political messages took away from what should have been otherwise fun action/crime movies as those political commentaries added nothing of value to the movie. It was like the writer and/or director were like "Well, since I have you here as a captive audience, let me throw this shit at you that you weren't expecting!"

#53 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I can see that. It's been a while since I saw the first movie but I probably agree with a lot of its political message, it was just so heavy handed and forced that it made the movie awful.

They did the same thing with Killing Them Softly. The political messages took away from what should have been otherwise fun action/crime movies as those political commentaries added nothing of value to the movie. It was like the writer and/or director were like "Well, since I have you here as a captive audience, let me throw this shit at you that you weren't expecting!"

I tend to agree. I don't like political commentary in most of my movies or TV series, because the issues are generally misrepresented, one-sided, and/or oversimplified.

If they're really careful they can make it work on a small scale, but I'd rather they just let the characters do their thing without embedding a message.

#54 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

The first Machete had a message?

#55 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

The first Machete had a message?

Yeah...don't Fuck with a Mexican Federale :P

#56 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Eh, it had a message if you were looking for it. The white folks in the movie were mostly the bad guys, while the heroes were mostly not white. I can see why some folks would see that as a message, but to me it's only if you want to take it as a message.

Or to put it this way, it's no more a message than it is when the heroes of a film are all white and the bad guy is a minority. So at most this is just the old film cliche being turned on it's head for once.

#57 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

That's what I'm saying. You gotta dig deep in what is essentially a grindhouse flick to find a message. I had wine and pizza and just enjoyed the craziness. An overall message was nothing I saw or was looking for.

#58 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

More proof that this shit is gonna be awesome!
http://www.ign.com/a...te-kills-poster
Posted Image

#59 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

A machine gun bra is no crazier than a machine gun on a bike. I'm there on opening day.:D
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#60 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

A machine gun bra is no crazier than a machine gun on a bike. I'm there on opening day.:D

oh I am gonna be there for the 10pm/12am release! (if they have it!) . How crazy is this shit going to get?