3/5 Mass Effect 3 CE for 360 - Available at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
1326 replies to this topic

#421 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

props for serving in the military. u can buy/do whatever the hell you want. :applause:

I'm doing pretty well at the moment. Just got out of the military and have money banked up, my wife just got a job, and I'm getting ready to submit my claim for disability for the VA and get my tax-free $900 minimum a month. Plus, my tax return just came in for ~$4500.

If I was worried about my finances right now, I wouldn't be buying games period. But not having a job is nice for the time being because I get to spend time with my 2-year-old during the day, time I never had with her before, and it will give me time to play ME3.

Edit: My wife would definitely agree with you both though...

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#422 boredcollegekid

boredcollegekid

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

this might be at goHastings still? I already have it preordered but if you select preorder it will let you go to the checkout, so I can only assume it's still available here.

http://www.gohasting...LAID=924933178#

#423 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

anyone know when Amazon ran out of preorders for the PS3?
Posted Image

#424 AngelsDontBurn

AngelsDontBurn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

i keep seeing people claim they knew nothing about this and im confused as to how. the CE always had a dlc character and mission listed as one of the features. it was one of the reasons i went with it when i preordered months ago.

Haha, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I just figured it was a typical random and almost unnecessary piece of DLC. Never looked at the intricacies and wrote it off. No biggy though.

Given you are getting $10 credit from amazon on the regular edition,which would likely be the MS points cost equivalent of the DLC in question, it really doesn't change the value equation if you think about it....If you didn't think the other CE extras weren't worth the extra $20 before, it really isn't any different now that you know about this new DLC info...and it isn't like ME DLC is all top notch...some of it is quite good, others, not so much (I'm looking at you Kasumi), The DLC in question may turn out to not be all that interesting or cool.

Yeah, true. I just figured the whole character with the DLC and how it pertains to the story sounds a little more interesting / important than usual. You're very right about it may not even being that interesting or cool, but it's hard to not feel that it will be after reading Promethean. Haha.

#425 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Haha, I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I just figured it was a typical random and almost unnecessary piece of DLC. Never looked at the intricacies and wrote it off. No biggy though.

Yeah, true. I just figured the whole character with the DLC and how it pertains to the story sounds a little more interesting / important than usual. You're very right about it may not even being that interesting or cool, but it's hard to not feel that it will be after reading Promethean. Haha.

I wouldn't worry about it yet anyway..

dont forget that the character might work like Liara does in ME2 wherein she's in the game regardless, but only as a NPC if you don't have the dlc. Either way you still get the part of her story that pertains to the core game.

#426 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

this might be at goHastings still? I already have it preordered but if you select preorder it will let you go to the checkout, so I can only assume it's still available here.

http://www.gohasting...LAID=924933178#

:applause: Kudos to you, sir. I'm torn between ordering this now, holding out for Amazon to get it back in stock (and being able to use credit, getting another $10 credit, and release day delivery), or just going to a B&M store the day/night of release.

Can anyone weigh in on the odds of Amazon getting it back in stock?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#427 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Gohastings has just removed the preorder tab for the 360.

#428 MRJ88

MRJ88

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Bioware mentioned earlier in the month that they wouldn't be putting out any more CE before launch. My money's on it being a while before they resupply. Gamestop still seems to be offering the PS3 version of the CE though.

#429 AngelsDontBurn

AngelsDontBurn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Bioware mentioned earlier in the month that they wouldn't be putting out any more CE before launch. My money's on it being a while before they resupply. Gamestop still seems to be offering the PS3 version of the CE though.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Not to mention I doubt they're going to resupply, at this point if you wanted a CE and haven't pre-ordered one you'd probably be better off going to a retailer on day one. Preferably a Best Buy / Target / Wal-mart / Fry's.

#430 MRJ88

MRJ88

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Or if your super desperate and don't mind spending 100+ on it you can pre order off ebay.

#431 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Or if your super desperate and don't mind spending 100+ on it you can pre order off ebay.

Yeahhhh, no. Not that desperate! Looks like unless Amazon gets some in stock, I'll be heading out to a store. Hopefully a place near me has a midnight launch!

#432 WarlordPayne

WarlordPayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

This talk about the MW3 Hardened edition cancellations at Gohastings had me worried so I called them up. They said, without any hesitation, that they already had them in stock this time and could fulfill all their pre-orders.

So, anyone who pre-ordered from there shouldn't have anything to worry about. Not that that's going to stop me from worrying until I have it in my hands.

#433 alexbhp

alexbhp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Best Buy still has the PS3 CE available for Pre-Order, Xbox and PC are sold out.

Mass Effect 3: N7 Collector's Edition
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mass+Effect+3%3A+N7+Collector's+Edition+-+PlayStation+3/2889053.p?id=1218361282429&skuId=2889053&st=mass%20effect%203&lp=4&cp=1

#434 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

:applause: Kudos to you, sir. I'm torn between ordering this now, holding out for Amazon to get it back in stock (and being able to use credit, getting another $10 credit, and release day delivery), or just going to a B&M store the day/night of release.

Can anyone weigh in on the odds of Amazon getting it back in stock?

I'd say zero to none pre-release. Post-release, however, there's a very slim chance. Whenever a CE sells out, Amazon almost always puts it back up for a very short period because of returns.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#435 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'd say zero to none pre-release. Post-release, however, there's a very slim chance. Whenever a CE sells out, Amazon almost always puts it back up for a very short period because of returns.

There's also usually some that comes back into the order availability because people forget to update their credit card information or some other stupid move that prevents the order from being processed.

I doubt you will see any more from now until release date save the occasional pre-order cancellation, though they're likely to be non-existent at this point.

Maybe in the first 30 days after release, with returns, though beyond that, it should depend if EA allows any more stock to hit the channel besides pre-orders. After 30 days post-release, I'd say that it's likely to be gone.

Everyone that was running around the last few weeks trying to secure a pre-order, good luck with that, though it's been months of time before now that could have a pre-order secured.

#436 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

I've never seen a game sell out of pre-orders this fast.

#437 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I learned my lesson after ME2. With that, I tried preordering the special edition three weeks before it came out on 360, only to find it sold out everywhere.

I made sure to pay off this one off completely back in November.

#438 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

The game (PS3) is no longer available for preorder at Bestbuy.com. Does that mean I cant preorder it in store?
Posted Image

#439 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

The game (PS3) is no longer available for preorder at Bestbuy.com. Does that mean I cant preorder it in store?

They cut off preorders in stores for awhile. I think when it came back it was only for Online. So yeah, you can't do it in stores.

#440 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

They cut off preorders in stores for awhile. I think when it came back it was only for Online. So yeah, you can't do it in stores.

crap. And I bought a Gamers Unlocked membership today just for the $20 preorder bonus. Is GS the only place taking preorders for it? Can I preorder there in store?

ETA: Scratch that. I preordered from Frys. $3 shipping but no tax which makes it cheaper than I would have gotten it at GS. Anyone preorder from them before? How fast are they?

Edited by Havok83, 25 February 2012 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image

#441 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

http://www.fye.com/v...ategoryId=65442

Dunno if they will follow through but according to FYE.com they have 360 CE's in stock for pre-order.

#442 OptimusWang

OptimusWang

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

http://www.fye.com/v...ategoryId=65442

Dunno if they will follow through but according to FYE.com they have 360 CE's in stock for pre-order.

Thanks for the head's up, just snagged a copy as well.

#443 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

I used to preorder from FYE all the time because i had a very large gift card there... they cancelled games on me a LOT, sometimes even with the quickest shipping games wouldnt come for a week or two... it was always way worse with anything but standard edition games too. Worst experience ive ever had shopping for games really. Just saying... be careful

#444 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

I used to preorder from FYE all the time because i had a very large gift card there... they cancelled games on me a LOT, sometimes even with the quickest shipping games wouldnt come for a week or two... it was always way worse with anything but standard edition games too. Worst experience ive ever had shopping for games really. Just saying... be careful

Yeah, this has happen a friend a lot too. Anything that was limited would either usually get canceled (if he did it late) or shipped out way late.

crap. And I bought a Gamers Unlocked membership today just for the $20 preorder bonus. Is GS the only place taking preorders for it? Can I preorder there in store?

I don't think many places are taking preorders. Some people have places that do, but to me it looks like they will get their orders canceled. If you really want to try Best Buy, you can show up opening day and see if maybe they got an extra one you can buy. Of course if you have time and such. If you break down and can't find a CE to buy, you can always buy the Standard at BB and still get the $20 buck bonus.

#445 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi guys...didn't have time to check the prior posts but GoHastings has CE copies for 360 and ps3.

Shipping + tax isn't too bad either.

#446 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi guys...didn't have time to check the prior posts but GoHastings has CE copies for 360 and ps3.

Shipping + tax isn't too bad either.

No they don't. They only have the CE for the PC version left... they sold out within the last few days.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#447 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

If I find a B&M store with a midnight launch, or go early when a store opens the morning of release, am I likely to find any CE copies in-stores? Or will the chains hold their copies for pre-orders?

#448 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

If I find a B&M store with a midnight launch, or go early when a store opens the morning of release, am I likely to find any CE copies in-stores? Or will the chains hold their copies for pre-orders?

Walmart at midnight best bet by a long shot. I remember when ME 2 came out, I was the only one there for it at midnight. and then two guys i knew walked up and bought MAG.....yeah MAG thats how low key ME 2 was here
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#449 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow PS3 version is sold out on BBY and Amazon too. Oh mans.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#450 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

My credit card never got charged for my pre-order from the origin store and my order history doesn't say I bought it. Is this normal?