MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack (360) $70 - w/ $10 credit @ Amazon

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
New York, NY – February 8, 2012 – Giving sports fans something special to cheer about this season, 2K Sports today announced the MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack will be available for purchase on March 6, 2012 at participating retailers for the MSRP of $69.99 exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Launching in conjunction with Major League Baseball 2K12, the MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack will feature a full retail version of 2K Sports' new Major League Baseball offering, MLB 2K12, along with a full retail version of NBA 2K12.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/buy-mlb-2k12-alone-or-bundled-with-nba-2k12/

Release date for MLB2K12 is March 6th. The participating retailers haven't been revealed yet and a quick search of some of the usual video game retailers haven't brought up the combo pack up yet so for now I've included links for MLB 2K12 by itself. I'll update links when they start to appear online.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0074ZXLH8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20 (thanks to kevgret for the link)
Order the "MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack," for Xbpx 360, and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your qualifying order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/2k-sports-mlb-2k12-nba-2k12-combo-pack/99167

Best Buy (still can't find the combo pack)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Major+L...63916141&skuId=4217096&st=mlb 2k12&lp=13&cp=1

NewEgg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874113051

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.. now this is a decent deal... I don't have NBA 2k12 and I am planning to buy MLB 2k12... will definitely preorder this when the links become live.

[quote name='breakin2']Msrp[/QUOTE]

Buying both separately would cost $100 so this is a $30 savings even though it's msrp.

[quote name='dvgamer']will consider this depending how bad the review is for MLB. I heard its the last year for MLB 2k12

thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

Obviously. Why would they release 2k12 in 2k13? Is it seriously the last year of 2k baseball games? What will be on xbox? EA jumping back in?

[quote name='dvgamer']will consider this depending how bad the review is for MLB. I heard its the last year for MLB 2k12

thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

This is the last MLB2k game to come out ever?

[quote name='breakin2']Msrp[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gargus.

[quote name='nypickle']another year, another subpar MLB 2K entry[/QUOTE]

Have you played it? What exactly forms your opinion of this entry.

-----

"feature a full retail version of 2K Sports' new Major League Baseball offering, MLB 2K12, along with a full retail version of NBA 2K12."

I assume this means two full games like the Arkham City + Arkham Asylum combo pack they sold at Walmart?

[quote name='Lyricsborn']The fact that most 2k baseball games suck.[/QUOTE]

right, because no games in a franchise ever get better or worse.

[quote name='confoosious']right, because no games in a franchise ever get better or worse.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps...but the MLB2k franchise didn't have a functional pitching stamina system, injuries or errors for years on the next generation consoles. Only last year did they start to address major issues. Even then, the game is known for patching in major faults every year 2 months after release, then leaving its users to wait for the next years heartbreak...

[quote name='mgford11']Perhaps...but the MLB2k franchise didn't have a functional pitching stamina system, injuries or errors for years on the next generation consoles. Only last year did they start to address major issues. Even then, the game is known for patching in major faults every year 2 months after release, then leaving its users to wait for the next years heartbreak...[/QUOTE]

That might be true, but the 2K series still has fans. It's basically $35 for both games, which is a great deal for a brand new release, and a great basketball game.

[quote name='confoosious']right, because no games in a franchise ever get better or worse.[/QUOTE]

2k baseball hasn't

[quote name='schuerm26']Obviously. Why would they release 2k12 in 2k13? Is it seriously the last year of 2k baseball games? What will be on xbox? EA jumping back in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This is the last MLB2k game to come out ever?[/QUOTE]

lol woops. just meant MLB 2k

2K's license to make the game expires this year so if they don't renew it then it'll probably be the last. Not guaranteed though, its all rumors.

[quote name='dvgamer']lol woops. just meant MLB 2k

2K's license to make the game expires this year so if they don't renew it then it'll probably be the last. Not guaranteed though, its all rumors.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna' lie...I would like to see EA get the MLB license just because I was such a fan of Triple Play and especially the MVP Baseball series. I still have MVP 2005 for my Gamecube, and I'll never part with it. Now, should EA acquire the license, I hope it stays far away from Tiburon. It should go to EA Canada...based on their stellar work on the FIFA and NHL series, they would be the best ones to handle the game.

MLB 2k12 doesn't look too shabby, but for the last few years I've been a stickler to The Show...so I'll most likely get it again. I'll definitely rent 2k12 just to get a feel for it though.

I love when people bitch and moan about EA getting the NFL license and mailing it in with Madden, when 2K has had an even bigger abortion with the MLB license. I guess, the only saving grace was that it was only third-party exclusivity, so at least Sony owners have been able to play a good baseball game.

As far as the deal goes...um...no...much better off just getting NBA 2K12 for $40 and calling it a day.

EA actually published the top baseball games with MVP Baseball 2004/2005. Then the exclusivity hit. I guess it's their comeuppance for securing the NFL license and killing NFL 2K.

The Show is probably the only reason I want a PS3. That game looks absolutely amazing and gets better every year.

Before MVP Baseball the top game was World Series Baseball.

[quote name='mgford11']Even then, the game is known for patching in major faults every year 2 months after release, then leaving its users to wait for the next years heartbreak...[/QUOTE]

LOL...what you just described also applies to The Show. Go look up the patch history for the last few years of that game. Its career mode is routinely broken until May every year. And its online mode is laggy and unplayable every single year. I'm not saying The Show isn't a good game, but it's absolutely ridiculous the unabashed hate that 2K gets and the blind praise that The Show gets.

I'll 100% agree that 2K dug its own hole by releasing numerous bad games after acquiring the exclusive license. But 2K11 was a great step in the right direction. To just assume that 2K12 is going to be shit is ignorant. The Show might have a better track record (and it WAS the main reason I bought a PS3 back in 2007), but both games have shifted closer together since then...and they both have their fair share of problems.

As for the exclusive license, I don't think EA would pay the amount that it would take to get full exclusivity (ie. kill off The Show), and I don't think they would pay to be 2nd fiddle like 2K has. So, in my opinion, the likely scenarios are 2K renewing the license or there being no exclusivity at all...opening the door for the MVP's, Slugfests, etc. again.

I've been playing the Show forever and most sports gamers know of you do that it starts to look like just a roster update of course they were legendary for releasing broken games. I tried 2k11 last year and was blown away by the pitching system, it made baseball fun again. I'm really hoping 2k12 ups the ante so i can justify another purchase over the show.

Mlb the show is better and every year 2k is garbage just like madden. When will anyone learn? Stop buying these games.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Mlb the show is better and every year 2k is garbage just like madden. When will anyone learn? Stop buying these games.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. I'll only play the Black College Football Experience - Doug Williams edition. Thank you sir.

:roll:

[quote name='dvgamer']2K's license to make the game expires this year so if they don't renew it then it'll probably be the last. Not guaranteed though, its all rumors.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. That just means other 3rd party publishers will be able to release an MLB game, not that 2K would stop releasing them. Kinda how EA would keep releasing Madden even if they didn't have exclusivity.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']MVP 2005 was the shit. So much so that I was still playing it for about 2 or 3 years after it's release, using the update mods for the PC version.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is probably the first time I'd cheer for EA to get a company/deal. EVER!

I want NFL 2K back, that and NBA were the best sports games by 2ksports. If EA never had that exclusive license, we'll be playing some great football games and it won't be Madden.

Eh, you can blame 2K for that. They undercut EA that one year by releasing their game for $20, it pissed off the NFL, and the NFL decided to sell an exclusive license. EA had actually approached the NFL years prior to that, and the league basically laughed at them.

Sorry, but you're wrong. It pissed off the NFL off for two reasons. One, it made the license look worthless, which led into the second reason, which is when the license came up for renewal, publishers would have wanted to pay less to utilize it. The NFL decided they could make a lot more money by issuing an exclusive license and putting it up for auction, which is another point everyone always seems to forget. The NFL did not give EA the license. They accepted bids, and EA put in the highest.

how does that logic work? The license is worth however much the license is worth. If 2k wanted to pay $10B to the NFL and sell their games at 99 cents, what does the NFL care.

Do you have a link to your theory?

The NFL does not care one iota how much money their partners make. They are only concerned about how much money they make. Do you think the NFL cares whether NBC/CBS/ESPN charge $1 or $100,000 for a commercial? No, they know the value of their license. They assume that whoever bids for the rights has a reason to buy it, even if they lose money on the rights. Mostly they don't care.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Eh, you can blame 2K for that. They undercut EA that one year by releasing their game for $20, it pissed off the NFL, and the NFL decided to sell an exclusive license. EA had actually approached the NFL years prior to that, and the league basically laughed at them.[/QUOTE]

why is it a bad thing to "undercut" ea? ESPN wanted to gain marketshare with 2K5 and they did.

and It didnt piss off EA.. it actually made them scared about what would happen the next year... so they went out and grabbed the license... and the rest is horrible iteration after horrible iteration of madden.

The logic works quite perfectly. If you're selling a game for $20, you're not making the same money as you were when you sold the game for $50. Thus, when it times to renew the license, you're not gonna wanna pay the same price you were before. Really simple, actually.

There were stories ran pretty much everywhere. I use to have one from CNN Money saved, but that was years ago. I will search for one now.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The logic works quite perfectly. If you're selling a game for $20, you're not making the same money as you were when you sold the game for $50. Thus, when it times to renew the license, you're not gonna wanna pay the same price you were before. Really simple, actually.

There were stories ran pretty much everywhere. I use to have one from CNN Money saved, but that was years ago. I will search for one now.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is terrible. Let's say Take Two wins the exclusive rights. And when it comes time to renew, because Take Two decided to keep selling it at $20 (which they never would have unless their bean counters were idiots) and went out of business, then guess what? There are still 5 publishers willing to bid as much as they can for the exclusive rights. Just because (hypothetically), Take Two are complete idiots and drove themselves out of business, doesn't mean every other big publisher in the world doesn't evaluate the value of the NFL license on its own merit and how they themselves would be able to monetize that license. The value has nothing whatsoever to do with Take Two at all. It's not like Take Two could devalue the NFL brand by making sure all the players sniffed coke before kickoff.

If someone wants to pay $3M for a SB ad and shows 30 seconds of static with no brand - a complete waste - do you think anyone cares? No, the next advertiser will happily pay for that spot the following year when that clown company went bankrupt.

The NFL decided it wanted an exclusive rights contract which was more lucrative and was willing to give it to anyone who bid the highest. EA came out the winner. If Take Two was the highest bidder, they would have gotten the license. And Take Two could have sold their NFL exclusive game at any price point they chose. They could have sold it for $1 if they wanted to as long as they paid the NFL up front or on time.

The NFL didn't get pissed off at Take Two. They would have happily given the rights to Take Two if Take Two had more money and it had nothing to do with the $20 price tag. Do you think if Take Two drove a boatload of cash (a bigger boat that everyone else of course) to the NFL for the license, the NFL would say "no, sorry, we don't want your millions of dollars because you're pricing your games too cheap." EA didn't want competition (from what many were saying was a better game than madden) so they simply outbid everyone else.

I don't remember a single story that said the NFL was pissed at Take Two. They simply wanted money.

I'd still be interested in seeing a link where someone reported the NFL was mad at Take Two. But I don't think anyone else here gives a crap.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Eh, you can blame 2K for that. They undercut EA that one year by releasing their game for $20, it pissed off the NFL, and the NFL decided to sell an exclusive license. EA had actually approached the NFL years prior to that, and the league basically laughed at them.[/QUOTE]

....... lol ...... the last best football ever to be released.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The logic works quite perfectly. If you're selling a game for $20, you're not making the same money as you were when you sold the game for $50. Thus, when it times to renew the license, you're not gonna wanna pay the same price you were before. Really simple, actually.

There were stories ran pretty much everywhere. I use to have one from CNN Money saved, but that was years ago. I will search for one now.[/QUOTE]

Actually, your logic does not work "quite perfectly." ESPN sold MORE copies at $19.99 then they would have at $49.99 and they made up revenue with the additional sales. The 2k5 Series sold more than any other year and cut into Madden's sales... thats why madden bought the license.. they were afraid that in a few years their flagship cash cow would be in serious jeopardy.

Sorry, I cannot find the CNN Money article that layed out the history of the NFL exclusive license quite clearly. Here's an IGN article, though, that states what I just did (sell the game for less, you're gonna wanna pay less to the publisher), and the article is against EA having the exclusive license, considering it's called "You Can't Compete with Madden... EA and the NFL Won't Let You."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1148006p1.html

And here's an article from Kotaku about the long forgotten NFL Gameday series, and how EA had once viewed it as a huge threat. In the article, they point out that, despite 2K underrcutting them and 2K5 being revered as the greatest thing since the forward passed, Madden still outsold it and was critically neck and neck with it. That somewhat negates the belief that EA felt like it had no choice but to get the exclusive license.

http://kotaku.com/5877712/the-long+forgotten-threat-that-always-made-madden-nervous

Not gonna bother arguing with you people. We get it. 2K5 was the greatest thing ever, and EA is so evil. Sorry that I just explained simple business practices to you three retards, and you want to completely ignore them, because it would negate your delusions.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not gonna bother arguing with you people. We get it. 2K5 was the greatest thing ever, and EA is so evil. Sorry that I just explained simple business practices to you three retards, and you want to completely ignore them, because it would negate your delusions.[/QUOTE]

Its okay, I forgive you.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not gonna bother arguing with you people. We get it. 2K5 was the greatest thing ever, and EA is so evil. Sorry that I just explained simple business practices to you three retards, and you want to completely ignore them, because it would negate your delusions.[/QUOTE]

lol. Still waiting for that "NFL is pissed at 2K" article link, business genius. Still waiting. You've linked two articles that we already knew about. I'd like an article to support how the NFL was pissed at 2K for selling it at $20 from CNN Money or any source. After all, this was your grand statement. I suspect it'll never come though. I'm also still waiting for you to tell me why my post above is incorrect.

Gotta love how I completely eviscerated your logic (without any personal attacks) and your only comeback is to call me a retard. Well done. You really showed everyone here you're boss. Guess being wrong really makes you angry.

Oh by the way, I'm a big fan of madden and EA. Would you like to see my Madden 12 HOF edition?

yah! he culled me a returd.

Seriously dude... we were having a friendly conversation... no need to drop reatard comments.

piece of garbage.

bread's done
Back