animated avatar

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
My avatar is a gif that should animate... i have verified that the source image animates. However, when I upload it to CAG, it doesn't animate. How can i get it to animate???

Thanks. I really wanna see that dude tal his feet

Perhaps you need to host it on a different image-hosting site? I see other people with gif-avatars, so I'm not 100% certain why your won't dance.

I have no idea my good man, that is a very odd issue. Try getting another animated gif and putting it on your avatar, maybe something about the one you're specifically trying to use is the problem.

I figured this out last week when I tested out an avatar.

Your avatar has to be at or under the dimension (101-by-101 pixels) and size (15 KB) limits. Go over and the forum software automatically formats the image, saving just the first frame of a GIF.

[quote name='Chase']I figured this out last week when I tested out an avatar.

Your avatar has to be at or under the dimension (101-by-101 pixels) and size (15 KB) limits. Go over and the forum software automatically formats the image, saving just the first frame of a GIF.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot... i'll have to see what I can do to resize it or something.

Ah. Good to hear. :)

I have Adobe's suite of products but found this website to work the best in regards to keeping the quality high while keeping the filesize low. Website features cropping, and other things, and doesn't add a watermark. Very good stuff.

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

thanks a lot for your input chase, and thekrakrabbit as well...

I remember back int he windows 98 days i had a program that I created animated gifs with and it showed each frame of the gif as a separate image which you could edit and everything... missed those days. I was such a loser that I once gif-ed an entire WWE intro.

bread's done
Back