animated avatar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:37 AM

My avatar is a gif that should animate... i have verified that the source image animates. However, when I upload it to CAG, it doesn't animate. How can i get it to animate???

Thanks. I really wanna see that dude tal his feet
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Perhaps you need to host it on a different image-hosting site? I see other people with gif-avatars, so I'm not 100% certain why your won't dance.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#3 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

hmm... i tried direct linking it from photobucket... but same thing. Any other suggestion?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

I have no idea my good man, that is a very odd issue. Try getting another animated gif and putting it on your avatar, maybe something about the one you're specifically trying to use is the problem.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#5 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

I figured this out last week when I tested out an avatar.

Your avatar has to be at or under the dimension (101-by-101 pixels) and size (15 KB) limits. Go over and the forum software automatically formats the image, saving just the first frame of a GIF.

#6 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I figured this out last week when I tested out an avatar.

Your avatar has to be at or under the dimension (101-by-101 pixels) and size (15 KB) limits. Go over and the forum software automatically formats the image, saving just the first frame of a GIF.

thanks a lot... i'll have to see what I can do to resize it or something.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

thanks chase, it worked... however the end result file shows some artifacts on the animation portions of it, something the original file did not have.

For reference, I used this free portable software GIF Resizer that I found from this link

http://www.addictive...if-image-files/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Ah. Good to hear. :)

I have Adobe's suite of products but found this website to work the best in regards to keeping the quality high while keeping the filesize low. Website features cropping, and other things, and doesn't add a watermark. Very good stuff.

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

#9 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

thanks a lot for your input chase, and thekrakrabbit as well...

I remember back int he windows 98 days i had a program that I created animated gifs with and it showed each frame of the gif as a separate image which you could edit and everything... missed those days. I was such a loser that I once gif-ed an entire WWE intro.
Posted ImagePosted Image