Yakuza 3 (PS3) $14.99 @ NewEgg with FS and ShopRunner Eligible

OMG, everyone that owns a PS3 should buy both of these.

$15 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to good of a deal.

Yeah, so about that... I figured I would save a few dollars by ordering 3 from gohastings and 4 from Newegg. Newegg was fine, but gohastings decided to cancel my order yesterday and now Newegg is sold out of Yakuza 3. DAMN you gohastings!!! I should have stuck with Newegg as usual. Anyone know where I could find 3 for < $15? I would like to play that one first before starting 4.

)-(

[quote name='Havoc1701']Yeah, so about that... I figured I would save a few dollars by ordering 3 from gohastings and 4 from Newegg. Newegg was fine, but gohastings decided to cancel my order yesterday and now Newegg is sold out of Yakuza 3. DAMN you gohastings!!! I should have stuck with Newegg as usual. Anyone know where I could find 3 for < $15? I would like to play that one first before starting 4.

)-([/QUOTE]

^this

I can't believe I missed this, I would've jumped on Yakuza 3. Seems like a great game. Now I want to get my hands on that one before playing Yakuza 4. :/

[quote name='Havoc1701']Yeah, so about that... I figured I would save a few dollars by ordering 3 from gohastings and 4 from Newegg. Newegg was fine, but gohastings decided to cancel my order yesterday and now Newegg is sold out of Yakuza 3. DAMN you gohastings!!! I should have stuck with Newegg as usual. Anyone know where I could find 3 for < $15? I would like to play that one first before starting 4.

)-([/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I ordered right around the time I posted, and mine is already going to be delivered today or tomorrow. It must have been limited leftover stock, because it had been that price a few days earlier and went out of stock before I saw it return.

Lucked out and snagged a Yakuza 3 that popped up on Amazon Like New for 16.73, which isn't too bad since it's probably in great condition and I don't want to wait AND I have credit. :p

Also bit on Yakuza 4. Thanks OP, as I didn't include it in my last post.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']which one was on sale during BF? also do the first 2 games go for around this price as well?[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 4 was $10 on bf at walmart I believe. I was able to pick up all 4 Yakuza games for about $58 total in January. Grabbed 3 and 4 off of Newegg for $15 each, got Yakuza 2 from Best Buy as part of their "buy 3 used games get 30% off" for $13 and got the first game from ebay for $15 shipped. I had been tracking the first two games with mild interest for a few years and Yakuza 2 had always been the most expensive of the bunch but it seems like deals are more easily found now.

On a related note, I just finished playing Yakuza 1 and had a lot of fun with it. I played through the last few hours of the game all in one sitting because I just couldn't wait to see how it all turned out. Definitely recommended.

[quote name='robdees']Yakuza 4 was $10 on bf at walmart I believe. I was able to pick up all 4 Yakuza games for about $58 total in January. Grabbed 3 and 4 off of Newegg for $15 each, got Yakuza 2 from Best Buy as part of their "buy 3 used games get 30% off" for $13 and got the first game from ebay for $15 shipped. I had been tracking the first two games with mild interest for a few years and Yakuza 2 had always been the most expensive of the bunch but it seems like deals are more easily found now.

On a related note, I just finished playing Yakuza 1 and had a lot of fun with it. I played through the last few hours of the game all in one sitting because I just couldn't wait to see how it all turned out. Definitely recommended.[/QUOTE]
I was searching high and low for Yakuza 1/2, but I realized one of them doesn't play on my PS3 so I skipped on them. I was able to find a used copy of Yakuza 3 during that BBV video sale, and I picked up Yakuza 4 for $10 at Walmart. So roughly $16 is fine with me. I'll eventually get around to playing them.

Got my Yazuka 4 from them today, but the box was shattered on the bottom. I'm not sure who to blame, them or UPS. In any case, I have a spare case, so I just switched out the manual, cover, and disc into the new case and tossed the other. It's a little odd, I've ordered from them a few times before and never had this happen.... oh well, as long as it doesn't happen again, I'm cool.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Got my Yazuka 4 from them today, but the box was shattered on the bottom. I'm not sure who to blame, them or UPS. In any case, I have a spare case, so I just switched out the manual, cover, and disc into the new case and tossed the other. It's a little odd, I've ordered from them a few times before and never had this happen.... oh well, as long as it doesn't happen again, I'm cool.[/QUOTE]

YES. This thing.
I got my Yak 4 yesterday and it looks like the front cover was slashed across the front with a blade, like the moron who was opening the boxes from Sega got a little too happy with the blade. The disc itself isnt damaged but the bottom half of the game was missing the cellophane wrap and the front art cover has been cut into.

[quote name='astr0boy']YES. This thing.
I got my Yak 4 yesterday and it looks like the front cover was slashed across the front with a blade, like the moron who was opening the boxes from Sega got a little too happy with the blade. The disc itself isnt damaged but the bottom half of the game was missing the cellophane wrap and the front art cover has been cut into.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Suspect as fuh. >_>

I remember something similar happening with the Rayman Origins from TRU a little while ago. I didn't get the worst of it, just a small crack, but I managed to exchange it in store for a mint copy. Funny thing is NewEgg and TRU are affiliated. Coincidence? hmm...

hell no!

I ask this: Is it better to buy yakuza 3 and 4 now or should i wait?? I ask this because Yakuza 2 is pretty damn expensive now...

[quote name='BoromirsFan']hell no!

I ask this: Is it better to buy yakuza 3 and 4 now or should i wait?? I ask this because Yakuza 2 is pretty damn expensive now...[/QUOTE]

Depends on what price you'd be paying for it now lol

I wouldn't worry about the Yakuza 2 too much if I were you, Yakuza 3 gives you a lengthy cinematic detailing what happens in the that one and the first one.

Those cinematics are good. The PS3 games play and look way better than the PS2 games...everything feels a lot more fluid. I actually tried to get Yakuza 2(i missed it when it was like 12 or so) at Gamestops and such, and after 4 tries i just gave up and started playing 3. Good series overall.

bread's done
Back