(PS+ members) Final Fantasy V, Simpsons Arcade game free on PSN

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
awesome deals if your a PS+ member

this is probably discussed on the PSN deals thread, but just wanted to make a specific thread since some people might not read up on that thread

I have question about PSN plus. If you get the free games from them, when your membership is over do you still own the games?

[quote name='pacino408']I have question about PSN plus. If you get the free games from them, when your membership is over do you still own the games?[/QUOTE]
No but if you start plus up again you'll get them all back. You only keep the games that you buy at a discounted price.

If you're trying to be helpful, you could at least have posted a link to the details of the entire February PLUS offerings, much more stuff offered than what you focused on:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cade-game-far-cry-2-final-fantasy-v-and-more/

I'm excited about Fatal Inertia and Inferno Pool, also for free for +.

Note: Inferno Pool was listed for 2/7 but they later reported it's coming 2/14 instead, so beware of the release dates on the PS Blog.

[quote name='pacino408']I have question about PSN plus. If you get the free games from them, when your membership is over do you still own the games?[/QUOTE]

No, it comes back to either a Demo or you can't play it. If you bought it at a discounted you will still be able to play the game.

games are not playable but if you get free themes, avatars, etc...those you get to keep.

No. However, if you renew your PS+ membership at any time, the games will be readily available for you to download once again. Essentially, you own the games forever, but you can only play them as long as you're a PS+ member.

You do get to keep any Plus themes you downloaded. I still have all those Plus Premium themes during the 1 month Plus giveaway after the hack.

I sometimes wonder if everyone who asks this question really doesn't know the answer, or if they're just asking because it's ALWAYS asked ANYTIME anyone mentions PS+. I have seen it answered so many times in my life it's not even funny. (including 4 times in this thread alone :))

Thankyou for the link GT.

I do have a random question about games playable on both PS3 and PSP:

If a game has trophies on PS3 and you play the game on PSP, does that nullify trophies? Or is that not even possible, multiplatform DLC never has trophies?

[quote name='Romeo']Thankyou for the link GT.

I do have a random question about games playable on both PS3 and PSP:

If a game has trophies on PS3 and you play the game on PSP, does that nullify trophies? Or is that not even possible, multiplatform DLC never has trophies?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PSP so I'm not 100% positive, but I don't there is any PS3/PSP multiplatform content that has trophies. Are you referring to a specific game, or type of game? (like, PS Minis or something)?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't have a PSP so I'm not 100% positive, but I don't there is any PS3/PSP multiplatform content that has trophies. Are you referring to a specific game, or type of game? (like, PS Minis or something)?[/QUOTE]

Foolishly FFV came to mind but I doubt Sony puts trophies on PSone games. I downloaded FFV to my PSP since I feel old school RPGs belong on a handheld.

Btw, I assume the Vita/PSP2 has trophies. Is this correct?

[quote name='Romeo']Foolishly FFV came to mind but I doubt Sony puts trophies on PSone games. I downloaded FFV to my PSP since I feel old school RPGs belong on a handheld.

Btw, I assume the Vita/PSP2 has trophies. Is this correct?[/QUOTE]

Ya, you're right. PSOne games (as well as PS Minis) don't have trophies.

Ya Vita has trophies, I'm almost sure of that.

[quote name='Slappybob']Ok, total noob question, but how much is PS+?

Im having trouble finding a price for it.[/QUOTE]

1 year for $50
3 months $18

somebody already answered this, but i feel the need to point this out to everybody that won't do psn plus because they have to "own" games they will probably play no more than once

you own NOTHING forever

everything you buy sooner or later will not be usable anymore, it will just stop working and cease to exist

you won't last forever, that's right you will DIE

people really need to get off this "well i don't get to keep it when my membership expires" mentality, like they will feel the need to constantly replay every free game they get

you own nothing forever because nothing lasts forever

the better discounts is what makes psn plus a good deal, the "free" games you otherwise wouldn't have played at all are a bonus

end of rant

[quote name='Barry Burton']somebody already answered this, but i feel the need to point this out to everybody that won't do psn plus because they have to "own" games they will probably play no more than once

you own NOTHING forever

everything you buy sooner or later will not be usable anymore, it will just stop working and cease to exist

people really need to get off this "well i don't get to keep it when my membership expires" mentality, like they will feel the need to constantly replay every free game they get

the better discounts is what makes psn plus a good deal, the "free" games you otherwise wouldn't have played at all are a bonus

end of rant[/QUOTE] correct you never own these games. How they word it is you own the license to play them

[quote name='Barry Burton']

you own NOTHING forever

end of rant[/QUOTE]

100% wrong
Do yourself a favor and look up the ownership rights in the United States

Unless you're somewhere not in the US, then go about your way talking about whatever country is dong things wrong

I would like to make a huge notice
That just like Bomberman
Simpsons has no expiration date when you check it's information

That means once your PS+ is over, you will be able to keep playing the game
(just make sure you don't delete it)
I have tried this with Bomberman and it worked, my PS+ is still going on (from when sony sent out those 3 free individual month codes) So i can't test simpsons yet but it SHOULD be a keeper

[quote name='Jaysonguy']100% wrong

Unless you're somewhere not in the US, then go about your way talking about whatever country is dong things wrong[/QUOTE]

Hahah, you're an idiot.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']100% wrong

Unless you're somewhere not in the US, then go about your way talking about whatever country is dong things wrong[/QUOTE]

ii looked up ownership

nowhere does it say that everything we "own" lasts forever

hope this helps

[quote name='kanamit']I have a question about PS+.....[/QUOTE]

Here's your answer ?????

Well if you don't have a proper question that is.

somebody already answered this, but i feel the need to point this out to everybody that won't do psn plus because they have to "own" games they will probably play no more than once

you own NOTHING forever

end of rant

Well at least I know now how we ended up in this recession! People weren't foreclosing on their houses because of high interest rates or unemployment, what happened was Barry Burton made the rounds and told homeowners that it was a fool's errand to try and "own" something. Of course nothing lasts forever Axel Rose, that doesn't mean that some folks might prefer owning over renting, or that each comes with their own perks and problems. I like "owning" my games in the sense that I can buy a game and don't have to subscribe to a service to keep playing it, especially since I like to go back and replay my games on a whim. That's not a "bad mentality", that's me playing the games I enjoy WHEN I feel like playing them.

Personally I think the PS+ is a great deal even if people aren't interested in the free games, but yelling at people who don't think they will get what they want out of PS+ is just silly.

[quote name='kanamit']I have a question about PS+.....[/QUOTE]

You can only play the free games you get until your PS+ expires, but if you renew you get access to them again. ;)

Prices seem to fluctuate for 12 months and 3 months PS+ card, I bought a 12 month not too long ago for $28 shipped free on ebay. If you think about it that's pretty damn low $28 is hardly anythihng

[quote name='CaoPi']Prices seem to fluctuate for 12 months and 3 months PS+ card, I bought a 12 month not too long ago for $28 shipped free on ebay. If you think about it that's pretty damn low $28 is hardly anythihng[/QUOTE]

Damn, probably someone who scored it from the error in the target ad. Great price though, I should check ebay more often.

[quote name='Barry Burton']people really need to get off this "well i don't get to keep it when my membership expires" mentality, like they will feel the need to constantly replay every free game they get[/QUOTE]
I know! Who in their right mind would ever want to replay old games from, say, 20 years ago?

Oh, wait, what thread is this again?

I have a new question... Not sure where to post it... If my PS+ expires, do I continue to own the games afterwards..?

Sorry if this has been asked... Haven't seen it posted anywhere...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']So, what are you sayin'?[/QUOTE]

What he means is the free games will only be available when you're a member. If you're membership expires you will get them back when you renew them. Free themes, avatars, and anything you buy discounted is yours to keep.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']no. not if you don't pay money to buy them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JG5253']What he means is the free games will only be available when you're a member. If you're membership expires you will get them back when you renew them. Free themes, avatars, and anything you buy discounted is yours to keep.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I love you 2! You're rare on this site!

What I was really doing is...

:whee:
justin-bieber-troll-Face.jpg

Bieber Time!

wow, far cry 2 next week? that is probably the best game that i will get from ps+. So far the subscription is worth it. Will definitely renew mine once it expires.
If you are looking to be a PS+ subscriber, check ebay, once in a while someone is selling 1 year codes for $40 or less. Got mine thru this.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']LMAO! I love you 2! You're rare on this site!

What I was really doing is...

Bieber Time![/QUOTE]

Damn I was going to say that its been posted like a million times. My troll detection didn't work on that post.

[quote name='iamsmart']Well at least I know now how we ended up in this recession! People weren't foreclosing on their houses because of high interest rates or unemployment, what happened was Barry Burton made the rounds and told homeowners that it was a fool's errand to try and "own" something. Of course nothing lasts forever Axel Rose, that doesn't mean that some folks might prefer owning over renting, or that each comes with their own perks and problems. I like "owning" my games in the sense that I can buy a game and don't have to subscribe to a service to keep playing it, especially since I like to go back and replay my games on a whim. That's not a "bad mentality", that's me playing the games I enjoy WHEN I feel like playing them.

Personally I think the PS+ is a great deal even if people aren't interested in the free games, but yelling at people who don't think they will get what they want out of PS+ is just silly.[/QUOTE]

so you think you will be playing free games like stacking and tomb raider legend 5 years from now, or do you just sleep better knowing you could play them 5 years from now?

what if these psn accounts don't transfer over to PS4, and if that happens what if they stop production of the PS3? if your current PS3 stops working that means you won't be able to play any of these downloadable titles whether you paid for them or got them for "free"

OH NO!!!:bouncy:

ps+ is a great deal for anybody that likes downloadable titles with the discounts alone, i just think it's foolish to not use it because you don't get to keep "free" games you probably wouldn't have bought anyways

i paid $50 for ps plus in november, I made back my money with discounts for games I would've bought full price or with regular psn sales within 1 month

getting $30 jurassic park free really helped, i get to "own" it even when my subscription expires, but i won't own it at all if sony doesn't transfer the accounts to PS4 and my PS3 breaks down:D

i'm not yelling, I am lecturing:cool:

I'll throw this out there... As if the games and discounts wasn't good enough, the online save back-up is pretty damn nice.

My PS3 hard drive needed to be reformatted today, and if I didn't have all my saves backed up automatically, I'd probably be crying myself to sleep tonight.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Damn, probably someone who scored it from the error in the target ad. Great price though, I should check ebay more often.[/QUOTE]

The manager at my local target let me buy two of them. I only carried two to the front of the store though, but that's all I wanted was 2 years of PS+.

So I got 2 years for less then 29 dollars. This is right after I bought the PS3 black friday bundle. When I went to my mom's on the oregon coast, I got MGS4 up there for 10 dollars at a pawn shop in very like new condition.

So I downloaded FF-V. Can someone tell me how you save your game?? It's saying I have no memory card. Of course, because it's not really a PS-1 I am playing on. So how do I save the game?

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I think you have to create a virtual memory card on the main menu of your PS3 first.[/QUOTE]

You also need to set the memory card to either slot 1 or 2. You do this by selecting the memory card in the XMB and pressing triangle and selecting assign slot. You can also do this from the in game settings by just pressing the PS button.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I wanna be entombed with all of my possessions, so yes, I will own my stuff forever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, being buried with your stuff *guarantees* that you and ONLY you own it forever!

In other news, have you seen the King Tutankhamun traveling exhibit? That dude was buried with some cool shit.

I just activated the PS+ membership and have to say I'm pleased so far, but I can't figure out for the life of me how the PS Home works. I guess I'm old-fashioned.

bread's done
Back