• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Edit: Price has now gone back up as of 2/15
Credit goes to Ionotropic for pointing this out in the Newegg preorder thread. I thought this would warrant its own separate thread but if the mods don't agree, feel free to delete this.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for the Xbox 360 is currently $44.99 with free shipping at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.co...28909034&sr=1-1

I have no idea how long this price will be good for so if you want to play it now, act soon. Otherwise, this will be at least $40 if not cheaper 6 months from now.

Edited by Bosamba, 15 February 2012 - 03:54 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 Jdudley

Jdudley

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Bah. Come' on PS3 >.<

#3 Calm

Calm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Man hope the preorder bonus was worth $15.

#4 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

lol, 40 dollars 6 months from now? this game will be 15-20 bucks in 6 months....

#5 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'm forcing myself to hold out for $30 despite wanting this game. Got to finish that Dragon Age DLC first.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#6 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Someone already reported getting a successful $15 refund from Amazon after chatting with a CSR. They don't have a post-order price guarantee, but they usually make an exception when they drop the price this soon after a game is released.

#7 davesrt10

davesrt10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

After playing the demo it was a good rpg but the camera angle is too low even to find the dead bodies to loot big boomer for me
Trading
Borderlands 2 Mr torgue Dlc Ps3/Xbox Codes for 5 amazon gc pm if interested
5 Starbucks Egc for 2 Amazon pm if intersted

#8 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

lol, 40 dollars 6 months from now? this game will be 15-20 bucks in 6 months....

Used, sure, but since this has an "online" pass a lot of people would prefer a new copy which may or may not have any deals that low by then.

#9 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Used, sure, but since this has an "online" pass a lot of people would prefer a new copy which may or may not have any deals that low by then.

lol no this will definitely be 20 bucks new in 6 months

#10 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

lol no this will definitely be 20 bucks new in 6 months

Dont count on it.

#11 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Is this game really that bad? I was about to head over to best buy and have them PM TRU

#12 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Is this game really that bad? I was about to head over to best buy and have them PM TRU

It's a really good game. There's a few issues (camera mainly).. I'm already about 10 hours in, I usually don't play that much of a game that fast.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#13 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I want to bite, but there's no way I could delve into a game this long right now. I'll wait for it to get cheaper.

#14 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Someone already reported getting a successful $15 refund from Amazon after chatting with a CSR. They don't have a post-order price guarantee, but they usually make an exception when they drop the price this soon after a game is released.

I was able to get a $15 refund from them as well with no questions asked. I love Amazon CS.

iouabeatn.png

#15 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

It's a really good game. There's a few issues (camera mainly).. I'm already about 10 hours in, I usually don't play that much of a game that fast.

That's my only gripe, other than the camera (which really isn't all that bad IMO) it's a great game.

#16 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Want this, too, but Mass Effect 3 is looming. Got a lot of DLC to finish up!

#17 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Game is absolutely fantastic. I've already put more hours into it than I've put into Skyrim.

#18 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

It sold for $45 on ebay so I'm going to go ahead and say yes, it was worth it :) Now to get $15 back from Amazon...

#19 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm not going to be one of those idiots that says "I'll never order from Amazon again" but their track record lately dating back to BF3 and then FF XIII and now this SUCKS BALLS.

I don't understand why they would risk hurting future preorder numbers by blatantly waiting 48-72 hours to issue a credit or price drop on a new release.

#20 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

lol the tiv for 360 version went down 10 bucks already. looks like alot of ppl w/credit are looking for a cheap rental.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#21 bnl11311

bnl11311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think it is pretty good so far. I would spend the money on dark souls before this and it is not better than skyrim.

I bought this right away after the IGN review and can return at gamestop now. I didn't like FF XIII but I think the new one may be better than this also. I skipped all the story in XIII 2 but the battle stuff is quicker and it seems like more fun. Reckoning is fairly great though and I agree with the 9.0 IGN. Dark souls at 35 is probably the better investment though

#22 azteg28

azteg28

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

I had this preordered from amazon and got it day one so was pretty upset with this rapid cut. I argued with Amazon cs for a few minutes and after asking for a supervisor I was granted a "one time exception" and credited the price difference. I thank Amazon for stepping up with the credit but it shouldn't be an issue when the price drops in the same week! I have the chat if anyone wants to see it.

Just want to edit and say that I'm loving this game, combines the great aspects of every rpg and with its combat it is truly enjoyable.

#23 youbastards

youbastards

Hey! Why so sexy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

This is getting rediculous, it took me almost 30 minutes on the phone to get my $15 credit from Amazon, but to me it wasn't about the money, it was the principle of the issue. I called them last week about NewEgg's $45 price, they said they don't price match, but they would give me free release date delivery. I'm already a Prime member, so I should be getting that anyway (remember when release date delivery was almost always a perk for Prime member pre-orders?), but i agreed.

The game didn't arrive until Wednesday, so I didn't get the shipping upgrade, but it didn't bother me that much.

When I saw the price was $45 today, I called and bitched up a storm. The rep I got barely spoke English, told me they don't price match (obviously not understanding why I was calling in the first place) and I demanded to speak to a Manager. After being on hold for 10 minutes, the rep finally came back and told me that they would issue a "one-time" credit for the difference.

Amazon's service and appreciation of their customers has quickly been declining, over the last year or so, and I am actually considering cancelling my Prime account if this keeps up.

EDIT: LOL, the above post was made while I was typing, but yeah, I got the same frustrating BS.

#24 bnl11311

bnl11311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

why don't you guys just buy a new copy and return it if they get so crazy about it... free shipping and you still get the codes. It can be easier just to go this route sometimes or once you say I am going to do that and your policy allows it they give in.

#25 gamecube ichiban

gamecube ichiban

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

they gave me a $10 credit torwards my next game.
I am happy with that.

#26 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

why don't you guys just buy a new copy and return it if they get so crazy about it... free shipping and you still get the codes. It can be easier just to go this route sometimes or once you say I am going to do that and your policy allows it they give in.

If you order now it is pretty safe to assume you will NOT get the preorder codes

#27 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Very fun game, highly underrated. Think though it'll fly under the radar for most gamers since there wasn't a ton of marketing done. Still think it might give Skyrim a run for it's money come award time. And I think Skyrim was incredible.

#28 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Well I'm convinced,tomorrow I'll goto bestbuy and buy it

#29 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Well, I tried to get an $15 credit and the Amazon CS said no way, real hard line on the issue. I was advised to return the game and reorder if I wanted the cheaper price.

Edited by Cephiros, 11 February 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#30 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

I doubt it will hit the 20 dollar range anytime soon, but I could see it hitting 40ish before the summer once or twice.

I would be ok with this price, but I still have a ton of Skyrim to finish up, and ME3 soon. I think I will sit on it till tomorrow evening and if it is still available make a decision.