[DEAD] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360) $44.99 FSS @ Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Is this game really that bad? I was about to head over to best buy and have them PM TRU

its actually really good and made by some really high profile people

the problem is i really never heard about this game till the demo 2 weeks ago. they really should of advertised it better.

anyways i think this is because amazon didn't offer good deals on this game at launch like some other places like newegg did. honestly amazon as of late has lost a lot of buisness from me becuase of this =p

#32 farfus

farfus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

lol, 40 dollars 6 months from now? this game will be 15-20 bucks in 6 months....

Maybe, too many other games to play either way.

#33 Pinnacle

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

I would go ahead and buy it now, guys. I've got the game and it is stellar.

#34 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Since TRU is offering this at $45 as well, would that make a BB PM possible?
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#35 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

Some BB have been matching the price. Just tell them to search for the game on the TRU website, or pull it up on your phone.

#36 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

Man...why couldn't PS3 be at this price too?

#37 PlatinumIce

PlatinumIce

Creepers gonna creep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

Emailed Amazon support, explained the issue and asked for the difference in credit, or something, and what they said was:

Hello,

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" you recently purchased. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.

You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.co...l?nodeId=468502

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

That last line killed me.
"Pain and death are a part of life...to reject them is to reject life itself." -Henry Ellis

#38 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Emailed Amazon support, explained the issue and asked for the difference in credit, or something, and what they said was:

That last line killed me.

*edit* Strange, I just got an email and they decided to give me the refund after all, they said they reviewed the chat log.

Edited by Cephiros, 11 February 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#39 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

you can always return it and buy it again lol

maybe if more people did shit like that they'd get on the ball price matching more often :)

#40 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

had some amz credit on my acct so i picked this up. glad i didnt rush and get it from newegg. would've preferred it on ps3 though.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#41 Alazam

Alazam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this one OP, bought it immediately when I saw this listing. $44.99 - $10.00 promotional credit + Free Two Day Prime Shipping = $34.99 of awesomeness...

#42 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

$45 this soon after release? Yeah, that's a good sign that it'll be much cheaper soon. I don't know about $15-$20, but I can definitely see sub-$30 because of ME3 and other games coming out.

#43 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

$45 this soon after release? Yeah, that's a good sign that it'll be much cheaper soon. I don't know about $15-$20, but I can definitely see sub-$30 because of ME3 and other games coming out.

I wouldn't go that far. Its an obvious TRU Price Match. No one else other than those 2 have it for that price. If it was a real price drop everyone would have it for $45.

#44 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Its an obvious TRU Price Match. No one else other than those 2 have it for that price. If it was a real price drop everyone would have it for $45.

It doesn't have to be a real price drop. I'm simply saying with all the other big titles releasing soon someone is going to at least put this on sale sub-$30.

#45 GrafixGuerilla

GrafixGuerilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the price drop head-up. I called CS and explained the issue. She gave me the "we don't price match" line. I reminded her how much I spend at Amazon and that I'd be buying games at Best Buy since they price match. She quickly caved ans issued me the "one time exception" of $16.

#46 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

lol the troll force is strong with Amazon to match so late, basically screwing out a lot of pre-orders in terms of price point.

But honestly don't feel sorry for them since TRU and Newegg had it at that price and no one was forcing them to buy from Amazon.

#47 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

lol the troll force is strong with Amazon to match so late, basically screwing out a lot of pre-orders in terms of price point.

But honestly don't feel sorry for them since TRU and Newegg had it at that price and no one was forcing them to buy from Amazon.

Indeed. If Amazon had offered this price at release I would have gotten it from them, but they wanted to screw their preorder customers. I gave New Egg my business instead, got the game on release date and I'm glad I used them instead.

decker%2001.jpg

#48 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Amazon priced adjusted for me with no issue

#49 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Seems like every big-name game gets a $45-$47 preorder price somewhere.

#50 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Got them to refund my $15 no problem. Thanks for the heads up!

#51 Leilas_Dad

Leilas_Dad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Got them to refund my $15 no problem. Thanks for the heads up!

Same here!

#52 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

No price adjustment here, so back it goes ... minus that inflated $4.98 prepaid shipping crap.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#53 Hextech Raven

Hextech Raven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

I was able to get a $15 refund from them as well with no questions asked. I love Amazon CS.

I wish I was that lucky. The CS rep just copy and pasted the usual responses (lowest price is only for pre-orders, prices fluctuate all the time, etc.) and told me to send my copy of the game back for a refund and then re-buy the game -_-;;

Oh well, I just went and canceled all of my pre-orders with Amazon. I hope Newegg would like a little more business.

#54 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Price matched the TRU price at Best Buy.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Ordered it yesterday, was going to jump on it at first $40 but $45 week of release is real good.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#56 GangGreenFiend

GangGreenFiend

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

After about 30 minutes from CS Chat, I was finally issued my refund. Amazon's customer service has gone from good to decent too fast. They say they can't refund you, but if you put up a good enough argument (thank you ENG 112) like I did, then it should be easy. My refund is processing now, so it should be in my bank account in the next few days. Good luck to those who are trying for their refund, as it it tough to come by with Amazon's newly not-so-good customer service!

#57 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Wow, I just sent an email from their "contact us" page and I got an email saying I'd be credited 15 bucks for the difference. Amazon rocks!
Posted Image

#58 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

Exactly. That point seems to be lost on the people complaining. No one forced you to buy it from Amazon when it was cheaper elsewhere. I am surprised they caved and gave so many people refunds. That would be like me complaining to my supermarket I bought this steak last week for $3.00 more a pound and now you have it on sale so I want a refund or I am taking my business elsewhere. They would laugh in your face. Prices get slashed all the time to meet competition. If you are foolish enough to pay the higher price when you can get it cheaper that's on you. I bought mine from NewEgg. Why would I pay $15 more just to get it from Amazon?

#59 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Exactly. That point seems to be lost on the people complaining. No one forced you to buy it from Amazon when it was cheaper elsewhere. I am surprised they caved and gave so many people refunds. That would be like me complaining to my supermarket I bought this steak last week for $3.00 more a pound and now you have it on sale so I want a refund or I am taking my business elsewhere. They would laugh in your face. Prices get slashed all the time to meet competition. If you are foolish enough to pay the higher price when you can get it cheaper that's on you. I bought mine from NewEgg. Why would I pay $15 more just to get it from Amazon?

No you are missing the point. It was reported to Amazon hundreds if not thousands of times that both Newegg and TRU had lower preorder prices. Hell there are even threads on the product page stating that same information.

Amazon stood firm; they would no price match; then three days AFTER the game releases they find a way to match the price?

It happen with BF3, Final Fantasy and countless others. It is a disturbing trend and one that is going to ultimately change my preordre habits if it continues. I shouldn't have to contact Amazon and get these "one time" exceptions just because they decide to be ass clowns and issue credit or drop the price to match a competitior exactly 24-48 hours after my game ships.

#60 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

This has been a pattern with amazon for a long time with preorders. They don't drop the price to match a competitor until a few days after release. Its a good business decision for them as long as they get a lot of preorders at msrp. Sure some CAGs will complain and get an adjustment, but alot of other customers won't ever even know about the price drop. If you really want Amazon to stop doing this, stop preordering games from them if someone else has a better deal.