[DEAD] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360) $44.99 FSS @ Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Very fun game, highly underrated. Think though it'll fly under the radar for most gamers since there wasn't a ton of marketing done. Still think it might give Skyrim a run for it's money come award time. And I think Skyrim was incredible.

They came out i different years, so Skyrim and Amalur won't be competing for the same awards. And as much as I'm enjoying Amalur, it will be forgotten by the time the 2012 awards season comes around. It's fun, but it's not an award winner.

Anyway, may as well wait until it drops to $30 if you haven't already bought it.

#62 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

No you are missing the point. It was reported to Amazon hundreds if not thousands of times that both Newegg and TRU had lower preorder prices. Hell there are even threads on the product page stating that same information.

Amazon stood firm; they would no price match; then three days AFTER the game releases they find a way to match the price?

It happen with BF3, Final Fantasy and countless others. It is a disturbing trend and one that is going to ultimately change my preordre habits if it continues. I shouldn't have to contact Amazon and get these "one time" exceptions just because they decide to be ass clowns and issue credit or drop the price to match a competitior exactly 24-48 hours after my game ships.

That makes it even worse. If you are foolish enough to buy it from Amazon when its cheaper elsewhere and you know its going to be cheaper after preorder, then that is on you for letting them rip you off. Amazon has absolutely no obligation to match a price after you bought it. Best Buy often has a sale on a certain game starting on a Sunday and does Amazon match it immediately? No. It takes them several days to match it if at all. Am I going to buy it from Amazon on Sunday and go back to them complaining that well you lowered the price x days later and I want the credit. No. I am either going to buy it from BB in the first place or if I so badly want to do business with Amazon I am going to wait for them to match it. You might be able to get Amazon to credit you, but are they obligated to do so? Absolutely not. If you have such a problem with it then order it from someone else or wait til after the preorder to get it. if enough people do that then maybe Amazon will lower their preorder prices in the first place and you will have nothing to complain about.

#63 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

That makes it even worse. If you are foolish enough to buy it from Amazon when its cheaper elsewhere and you know its going to be cheaper after preorder, then that is on you for letting them rip you off. Amazon has absolutely no obligation to match a price after you bought it. Best Buy often has a sale on a certain game starting on a Sunday and does Amazon match it immediately? No. It takes them several days to match it if at all. Am I going to buy it from Amazon on Sunday and go back to them complaining that well you lowered the price x days later and I want the credit. No. I am either going to buy it from BB in the first place or if I so badly want to do business with Amazon I am going to wait for them to match it. You might be able to get Amazon to credit you, but are they obligated to do so? Absolutely not. If you have such a problem with it then order it from someone else or wait til after the preorder to get it. if enough people do that then maybe Amazon will lower their preorder prices in the first place and you will have nothing to complain about.

Please tell me where I could have bought this for $44.99 and had it tuesday.

Don't say Newegg because they not only cancelled my order but did so to many others.

Don't say TRU because although they did PM they had ZERO obligation to Price Match as the game cleary says "Online Only Hot Price".

#64 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Then you paid the "I want this thing on Tuesday" tax. It's $15 for those keeping score at home.

#65 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Don't say Newegg because they not only cancelled my order but did so to many others.

Don't say TRU because although they did PM they had ZERO obligation to Price Match as the game cleary says "Online Only Hot Price".

There were plenty of people that took that Toys R Us ad to best buy and had them price match the first day of release. Even still, if you want to waste $15 just to have it the first day no one is forcing you to do so. I personally pulled up the game on toys r us' website and it said nothing about being online only. I have had them match the price in store on ads like that countless times with zero problems. If Amazon has done this to you that many times you would think you would learn your lesson and not pre-order from them anymore. Toys R us kept it at $45 after the release so I guess Amazon decided to match it. Maybe its their policy not to match preorders. If enough people do not preorder from them because of this they will change their policy but it is silly to expect them to credit you after the game ships. If you are lucky enough to put up enough of a fight to get the credit good for you, but they have no obligation to do so.

#66 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Looks like I will only be ordering collector's editions or "I can't live without it pre-order bonuses" from Amazon. I did pre-order Syndicate, but it has a $20 credit. I agree that they have been really flakey with their prices of late. I had the blu-rays of The Thing and the 3D Dark of the Moon pre-ordered but ende dup cancelling because Best Buy was cheaper. Two days later, they matache Best Buy. Too bad for them, they had already lost my business.

#67 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

There were plenty of people that took that Toys R Us ad to best buy and had them price match the first day of release. Even still, if you want to waste $15 just to have it the first day no one is forcing you to do so. I personally pulled up the game on toys r us' website and it said nothing about being online only. I have had them match the price in store on ads like that countless times with zero problems. If Amazon has done this to you that many times you would think you would learn your lesson and not pre-order from them anymore. Toys R us kept it at $45 after the release so I guess Amazon decided to match it. Maybe its their policy not to match preorders. If enough people do not preorder from them because of this they will change their policy but it is silly to expect them to credit you after the game ships. If you are lucky enough to put up enough of a fight to get the credit good for you, but they have no obligation to do so.

Go to TRU.com ---> Catagories (Video Game) and then scroll down to the Featured Games (which all happen to be preorders). There will be several new releases and several of them including SSX, FIFA Street, Game of Thrones will all be discounted and all will say "ONLINE ONLY HOT PRICE".

If this was an intended to be an in-store price at TRU the guess what? It would have been price at $44.99. If you want to take advantage of clueless employees that's fine. It's no different then me wanting to get a credit on a game from Amazon that dropped in price the day after I received it.

Price matching at Best Buy is the same thing. Show me where in their policy it says they will PM another retailers "Online Only" price.

Some of us have been buying items from Amazon long enough to remember when each game came with a credit. If another retailer (Target, Kmart, etc.) had a GC offer then Amazon matched it prior to the game releasing; not two days after. None of the BF3 junk of FF XIII-2 crap.

And if you didn't get the game from Amazon I guarantee you I paid less for it after getting my $15 credit and selling the DLC for $30 so don't make it sound like I don't know what I'm doing. The point is I shouldn't have to haggle with Amazon. If they don't want to PM that is fine but don't way "we don't price match" and then go ahead and price match on Thursday.

#68 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ok, I see what you are talking about now but if you go into the actual game it does not show that anywhere. So they will match it and so will BB. The point I was trying to make is that if you don't like what Amazon is pulling do not buy from them. Just because they matched everything before doesn't make them obligated to continue to do so. I guess if you want to keep buying from them then you will have to keep fighting for the credit.

#69 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ok, I see what you are talking about now but if you go into the actual game it does not show that anywhere. So they will match it and so will BB. The point I was trying to make is that if you don't like what Amazon is pulling do not buy from them. Just because they matched everything before doesn't make them obligated to continue to do so. I guess if you want to keep buying from them then you will have to keep fighting for the credit.

The criticism of Amazon is well deserved. Their performance this past year has been sub-par. It is very disappointed. I laughed my ass off when I saw their Deals of the Week for this week.

They are advertising KOF XIII at $39.99 as part of their deals of the week when it has been that price all week long and TRU has it for $34.99.

Great deal amazon.

#70 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah Amazon's been a pain in the ass with prices recently, but being willing to back match the 44.99 on this was a cool thing for them to do. They'll keep my business.
Posted Image

#71 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

What's ironic about Amazon is that their PC DD deals are off these charts these days. They need to hire more people like T-Money in their videogames department.

#72 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Shouldn't have waited till the last minute to pre-order from Newegg. I pre-ordered from them when they first gave the $12 off coupon and didn't cancel/re-order when they did the $44.99 offer. Turns out I got the game for $32.99 and delivered on Wednesday from Newegg.

Oh, and the game is fan-fucking-tastic.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#73 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

Shouldn't have waited till the last minute to pre-order from Newegg. I pre-ordered from them when they first gave the $12 off coupon and didn't cancel/re-order when they did the $44.99 offer. Turns out I got the game for $32.99 and delivered on Wednesday from Newegg.

Oh, and the game is fan-fucking-tastic.

So it's the consumers fault an order was cancelled because they preordered it when the website showed it was available?

I don't care if you preorder when the item is first listed or the second before it releases. If a website shows inventory then the retailers should have the item in stock. It's not a difficult concept and I'm sure it just takes basic programming. If you have 999 units shut the listing down after 999 have been purchased.

#74 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

So it's the consumers fault an order was cancelled because they preordered it when the website showed it was available?

I don't care if you preorder when the item is first listed or the second before it releases. If a website shows inventory then the retailers should have the item in stock. It's not a difficult concept and I'm sure it just takes basic programming. If you have 999 units shut the listing down after 999 have been purchased.

It damn well better matter when I pre-ordered it. If I hadn't gotten mine and I had ordered it a month prior than anyone else, I expect a copy to come to me before anyone else.

Yes, Newegg should have updated their numbers in their system and stopped pre-orders. I don't know why a company cancels them anyway, if it were me I'd leave the orders and fill them as I got stock in and leave it up to the customer to cancel the order if they so choose. Have they given a reason? Maybe they didn't get the amount of copies in that they ordered, maybe EA/38 didn't ship as many to them as promised, I don't know. But what I do know, is that in the past 2 years, my family has ordered a lot from Newegg, and have had not one problem with them. So I'm giving Newegg the benefit of the doubt here.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#75 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

wow, missed the deal...waited for my wife to get me her $25 amazon gift card, and it went back up...oh well, guess i'll be waiting

596772.png

#76 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

If a website shows inventory then the retailers should have the item in stock. If you have 999 units shut the listing down after 999 have been purchased.

The tricky part here is being a preorder item. One month ago every retailer on the planet had exactly 000 units in stock. If I had to guess what happened, I would say Newegg was forced to place an actual order at least a few weeks before release and based their order quantity on the number of existing preorders plus a guesstimate of more preorders that will happen up until release.

When CAG and others realized that they had the game for so cheap, new preorders started flooding in much higher than anticipated with not enough time to order more for immediate shipment.

My biggest concern here is this: Why did Newegg cancel orders instead of delaying them until they could get more stock? That's not the right way to handle a backorder.

Also: After hearing Shipwreck and Wombat speak of it on the CAGCast, my new pricepoint will be $20. I know it's a good game, but that was a double-dose of harsh review right there.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#77 superman37876

superman37876

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Wish they would have kept the deal until the end of the night... Guess I'm waiting again for a while on this game for a price drop. :(

#78 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

Amazon is giving a $20 credit for anyone that ordered the game before February 12, 2012 on either console. I just received mine.

#79 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Amazon is giving a $20 credit for anyone that ordered the game before February 12, 2012 on either console. I just received mine.

this. me too!!

#80 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

That's crazy, I got a $20 credit and the $15 refund as well. Amazon really stepped up when they didn't have to.

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#81 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

HAH, i just go tthe credit as well

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Due to a drop in price last week for "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning", we'd like to offer you a $20 Amazon.com Credit since you paid full price for the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of the game on or before February 12, 2012.
Posted Image

#82 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

amz official announcement via their discussion board as of yesterday:

Hi Everyone,

Due to the drop in price last week, we would like to let you know that customers who ordered Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for PS3 or Xbox 360 at the full price of $59.99 on or before February 12, 2012 will receive a $20 http://Amazon.com credit good towards a future purchase. The $20 code and redemption instructions will be emailed to you on February 15.

We hope you're enjoying your many adventures in Amalur, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you,
Amazon Games

so it should apply to everyone instead of being ymmv...wish i had preordered for the dlc now..oh well. good job amazon.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#83 Solatso

Solatso

Because boobs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

$20 credit, release day delivery AND two pre-order bonuses. :applause: Amazon!

ybev.jpg

Physical and Digital Game Trading

#84 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Lucky bastards.

Between the $15 refund and $20 promo I could have got this below my $30 price point on release :cry:.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#85 Roninalchemist

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Erm...its back up to 60 :( damn wish I'd seen this yesterday.

#86 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

I made out real well on this. I got a $15 refund from speaking to customer service the day the sale went live, and now I get a $20 credit. Awesome.

630736.png

#87 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

$20 credit, release day delivery AND two pre-order bonuses. :applause: Amazon!

Holy s**t, Amazon ftw again! Now I wish I didn't cancel my preorder. Oh well, I can wait for the game to hit $20. ;)

#88 DavidJD

DavidJD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Got the credit too; WooHoo! Jeffy Bezos is my BFF!

#89 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

I made out real well on this. I got a $15 refund from speaking to customer service the day the sale went live, and now I get a $20 credit. Awesome.

Nice! I only got the $20. Used it to pre-order Syndicate, which also has a $20 credit.

#90 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Dang I ordered this for $45 on the 10th which is before the cutoff date for the credit, but I didn't pay the $60 which is another requirement. A part of me wants to press my luck but I would feel like a complete ass if I do.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List