Radiant Historia reprinting preorders $34.99

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

I was so pissed when Disgaea got reprinted.

Me too. I bought a used copy for $65 on ebay a few months before the reprint. Oh well, worth every penny. :lol:

#32 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

One the best original RPG on the DS only rivaled by The World Ends with You in my opinion.

If you like RPGs to any degree and have a DS, this game is a must have.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#33 ayob

ayob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

i bought it 3 weeks ago from amazon for 59.99 used in like new condition. Good thing i have a week to return it and get get a new copy for cheaper.

#34 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Great game, likable characters, engaging grid-based battle system, and the time travel mechanic and how that ties into the branching storyline is really well done. Soundtrack is also great. About 50 hours to unlock all the events and see all the endings in one playthrough.

Guardian_owl.png

#35 poehitman

poehitman

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

I know that I got it used for like $25 at Gamestop. Haven't played it yet though.

#36 poehitman

poehitman

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Oh, if someone already has the game WITH the case and cover intact, would you be willing to scan it for me and send it to me? I have the game, but it came with the cartridge ONLY. I got an empty case, but I can't find the cover online.

#37 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I picked up the like new version off AWD for 33.xx. figured might as well get it earlier.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#38 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Maybe it will go down to DQV levels eventually, that game is now $15!

Not if it goes out of print again it won't! Lol

#39 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

One of those sleeper hits. Worth playing if you have 35$ to throw down.

#40 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'll wait until the $20 sale at Gamestop.

Batsugunner.png

#41 dallow

dallow

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.

So you just pirate your games then?
Tells us more.

Also, that's the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard.

#42 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.

There's a difference between being a cheap ass and being a dumb ass.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190

#43 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic.

Diamonds are so overpriced, have you seen how small those things are? I'd much rather have a big chunk of sandstone.

#44 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

There was a few months in between the CD version selling out, and the vanilla version. The CD version sold out by February, and I don't think the vanilla version was available til the summer. At least, that's what I remember, because I remember having a hard time getting a play copy.

Now that I think about it, when I bought it (the first print) it was when someone posted it being back in stock so I took a chance... my mistake then.

I hope this game sells well enough for us to get a sequel though. I'd love to see what happens next.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#45 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ill be in for one.

Also, I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 on ps2 for $80 the week before they announced the digital remastering.

#46 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Let me help you out with a few things. First, there's more involved than just plastic - flash memory costs actual money. Maybe it's not expensive in bulk, but it's still not free. Second, quite a bit of work had to be put into creating the 64-128 MB worth of data to put on that flash - work by people that have bills and families to support. Try generating 128MB of random data and sticking it on your flash cart and let me know how it plays.

My guess is that you're also of the mindset that rich people should give you money based on the fact that they're rich and you're not.

#47 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

This is great for people that missed out :) Stinks for collectors like myself, less value :(

Fuck off with your collector mentality bullshit.

#48 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Fuck off with your collector mentality bullshit.

Yes, how dare he voice his opinion (while noting he still thought it was great people could get it again).

What is this, North Korea?

#49 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yes, how dare he voice his opinion (while noting he still thought it was great people could get it again).

What is this, North Korea?

Posted Image

#50 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

I've found that people who start any justification with "you know what site we're on?" (and it happens a lot) are by far the leftest of the left. I don't mean politically. I mean on a certain bell curve.

:drool:

Why bother buying anything if you have an acekard. And by all means, please keep talking about your acekard and how to obtain one.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#51 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I've found that people who start any justification with "you know what site we're on?" (and it happens a lot) are by far the leftest of the left. I don't mean politically. I mean on a certain bell curve.

Why bother buying anything if you have an acekard. And by all means, please keep talking about your acekard and how to obtain one.

indeed, I think something like this should be instant banned....

It's not steal ass gamer.

this is great news for everyone that didn't enjoy Radiant. I think it was 20 on amazon for like a second when I picked up mine and that was it. no more copies left.

#52 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

:applause:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#53 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'll prob have to get this. Sad that it doesnt include the premium box and cd...

....I'll prob have to get this.

#54 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

There's a difference between being a cheap ass and being a dumb ass.

+1,000,000 to this post :applause:

#55 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.

You're like that one retard (I forgot the name) that was here a couple of months ago that got sho'd away since all he did was post stupid complaints on people's thread.

gtfo

#56 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Just for reference, the cheapest I heard it go for at retail was $25 before it went out of print so unless they print a ton I don't imagine it is going to get down into the $20 range.

Guardian_owl.png

#57 vherub

vherub

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

The non-cd batch was definitely a reprint, it hit stores over a month after the 1st print. That 2nd batch was a large enough quantity that it lasted into black Friday, though when amazon priced it at $20, that was a deathblow to the supply.
For collecting purposes, it is extremely likely that sealed copies of this game will eventually command a premium again. Maybe 3 months later, maybe by next christmas. It is a superb rpg with all-around appeal, unlike the SMT games, Disgaea srpg games, or other atlus niche rpgs. The comp would be Chronotrigger.
It is also very likely that it will be easy to get, and probably drop in price on amazon at some point before going oos for good. In my view, this is a win for gamers, and really only a temporary setback for collectors.

#58 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

It is a superb rpg with all-around appeal, unlike the SMT games, Disgaea srpg games, or other atlus niche rpgs. The comp would be Chronotrigger.

To make a good RPG, time travel is a requirement. Got it.

#59 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Man not sure what to do. I want this game but I'm not sure if I should get it now or take a chance and get it cheap if they reprinted too many. I waited on DQ5 and ended up getting it for $17.

ostzsk.jpg

#60 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Man not sure what to do. I want this game but I'm not sure if I should get it now or take a chance and get it cheap if they reprinted too many. I waited on DQ5 and ended up getting it for $17.

I'm in the same situation as you. After reading all the praise for this game, it makes me really want to have it. I remember going to a Gamestop around mid December that had it with the CD for $35 'new.' I didn't think it was that rare though. x.x Since then, I haven't seen it in any store. What to do, what to do? >.<