Dirt 3 Complete Edition $40 - Coming March 20th

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
Codemasters has announced that it's releasing a "Complete Edition" of Dirt 3, due out sometime this March for Windows, Xbox 360, and the PS3. The $39.99 release will include the full game, 12 new tracks in two different new locations and lots of new cars and liveries to play around with.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/11/codemasters-giving-dirt-3-a-complete-edition/

Current rate for Dirt 3 on the consoles is $37 on Amazon/New Egg and $40 on Gamestop/Best Buy. I'll include links for the complete edition when listings go up.

Here's a list of the DLC included in the complete edition and their current prices on the XBL marketplace:
The Monte Carlo Rally Pack ($10/800 points)
The X Games Asia Track Pack (5/400)
The Power and Glory Car Pack (6/480)
The Mud and Guts Car Pack (6/480)
The Colin McRae Vision Charity Pack (2/160)
The Ken Block Special Pack (2/160)
The Mini Gymkhana Special Pack (2/160)

Release date is March 20 according to Amazon and Best Buy
Amazon:
:360:http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-3-Comple..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330971429&sr=1-1
:ps3:http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-3-Comple..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330971429&sr=1-3

Best Buy:
:360:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dirt+3+...18583583710&skuId=4957281&st=dirt 3&lp=8&cp=1
:ps3:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dirt+3+...18583584358&skuId=4957272&st=dirt 3&lp=3&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
they should unlock everything from the begining, all tracks, all cars, all modes. i only bought dirt3 for the 360 to play splitscreen only to find out it comes everithing locked and you have to unlock playing sp or mp or BUY (WTF!?) an unlock key on marketplace...

[quote name='ochentay4']they should unlock everything from the begining, all tracks, all cars, all modes. i only bought dirt3 for the 360 to play splitscreen only to find out it comes everithing locked and you have to unlock playing sp or mp or BUY (WTF!?) an unlock key on marketplace...[/QUOTE]

Uhh...were you really expecting everything to be unlocked at the start?

[quote name='SEH']Uhh...were you really expecting everything to be unlocked at the start?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. That is a bizarre complaint.

New to video games?

I think it is a valid complaint for multiplayer split screen. What really bothers me is that they _sell_ an unlock code. Just make it a cheat code for the people that don't want to grind out everything!

[quote name='Saablic']I think it is a valid complaint for multiplayer split screen. What really bothers me is that they _sell_ an unlock code. Just make it a cheat code for the people that don't want to grind out everything![/QUOTE]

By "grinding out" everything, you mean actually playing the game, right?

[quote name='Saablic']I think it is a valid complaint for multiplayer split screen. What really bothers me is that they _sell_ an unlock code. Just make it a cheat code for the people that don't want to grind out everything![/QUOTE]
Uh, people not being able to cheat is the main reason I love XBL. I guess you may want a mp that doesn't carry over to online, but most don't. Before, one would have to buy a gameshark, or the like, to unlock all the stuff early (in GranTurismo 1 - 4). I see no problem with them selling the stuff, as it helps people like you (since you can't legitimately use those gameshark-like devices on the consoles now - which would cost you ALOT more than the unlock DLC), and people like me that actually want to play through the game, don't have to buy it.

SUCKS, as I bought Dirt 3 for $39 when it 1st went down, and ended up getting all the dlc (but got my points at about 75% of their MSRP). I ended up buying lots of new games & have been very busy, so I haven't played it much, at all. I will start waiting for these GOTY-like editions along with the other financially savvy CAG's, I guess :wall:.

@SEH

LOVE the avatar pic, man. That's my team :D. Next year, we may do something half way decent, lol. New coach, possibly a new QB, and a new hope :pray:!

when i first play this games on pc i thought it was freaking easy until i found out that freaking casual wasnt the normal setting but easy and that the acceleration aid match the speed of the turn by itself just had to turn no breaking needed :booty:.

[quote name='Survivalism']I'd like to welcome to CAG the two of you who have never played a video game before.[/QUOTE]

of course i play video games! have many many many really many games, but once you pop out a game to play with friends, i expect to have almost every track and car to chose... i dont want to play the game AGAIN (its the same as dirt2) only to play with frinds split screen 2 hours a week.

I got the vanilla game during BF for 15, I'm definitely glad I traded it for 25 now(which I did because I was unaware of all the DLC for it before purchasing and figured a complete version would come eventually).

[quote name='Newl']online pass included? :roll:

more importantly, is the dlc on-disc or one of those stupid codes?[/QUOTE]

I bet we won't find out until release, but this is a concern for me as well. If it's on disc, I'll likely double dip.

bread's done
Back