Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 2/19-2/25 (Trade up for a PSVita Deals)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#211 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

How do you earn shopkick points for BB purchases? I notice my phone only says to provide your registered phone number but how do i know i get credited shopkick points. Seems like to me the register only registers the RZ account.

I know you have to wait the return period before
They post but I have the same question cause I've never received any

#212 binbinzhou

binbinzhou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

On BB's website, it says 40% for game trade-in and purchase of any Vita or Vita game, but the thread here says it's for Vita games only. Which is true? I would trade in my collection of old games if I can get the Wifi Vita.
Ouch! Bruce, Ouch!

#213 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

How do you earn shopkick points for BB purchases? I notice my phone only says to provide your registered phone number but how do i know i get credited shopkick points. Seems like to me the register only registers the RZ account.

Just tell the cashier to add your purchase on your Shopkick as well. They have to input the phone # again under Shopkick and if done right it will say Shopkick on the receipt. There are times that I get the Shopkick pts right away and sometimes I don't get them at all. You only get 75 pts per purchases of $10 and up.

I think I said Shopkick a bunch of times but I didn't want anybody thinking I'm talking about RZ pts. Lol

#214 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

I don't think you even need to link your RZ accounto to Shop Kick...at least I don't remember if I did...either way, when you have enough "kicks" you can then redeem them for what they call Best Buy "gift cards," which come up as RZ certificates/Shop Kick on your receipt. You can also get a Target gc, too.

EDIT- I saw you were talking about purchases but I was talking about the kicks you get simply by visiting the store. You get 55 kicks for visiting the store and 20 for visiting the digital imaging department. You get more if you scan stuff around the store but I don't have the time nor patience any longer.

Edited by Ed_, 24 February 2012 - 12:09 AM.

3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#215 spiderdog

spiderdog

$59.99 for a Game no Way!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Got my PS Vita. Traded in 2 PSP GOs 140.00. Traded in bunch games 44.00 with the 40 percent extra. Had 50.00 in GC. And 15.00 in RZ Cash. Came to 249.00. Traded up the free 4 gig stick for the 8 gig for 5.00 ( yes 5) extra, 17.00 in tax added. Not bad deal.
Posted Image

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← →B A
PSN=spiderdog
XBL=Spiderdogg

#216 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Anyone know how long you get after you buy the system to get the extended warranty?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#217 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Anyone know how long you get after you buy the system to get the extended warranty?

30 days

#218 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Oh nice, thanks
Posted ImagePosted Image

#219 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Do you have to bring the games you want to buy with you to get the 40% bonus? There are quite a few games I wouldn't mind trading in since that's a substantial bonus, but I already have the Vita + 5 games (And The Show Preordered) - so could I just say, "Yea, I'm going to get a Vita game" and get the bonus (I would end up getting games, but they have to restock first) or do I physically have to buy the games at the same time I'm trading in mine for the bonus to apply?

#220 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Do you have to bring the games you want to buy with you to get the 40% bonus? There are quite a few games I wouldn't mind trading in since that's a substantial bonus, but I already have the Vita + 5 games (And The Show Preordered) - so could I just say, "Yea, I'm going to get a Vita game" and get the bonus (I would end up getting games, but they have to restock first) or do I physically have to buy the games at the same time I'm trading in mine for the bonus to apply?

Computer wise, it is two seperate transactions. The person at the desk will most likely ask you to bring up the game you want prior to taking in the trades so both transactions can be done right after each other, making sure the promotion is used properly. Like anything BB, it is YMMV for the employee to just let you have the extra credit on card and watch you walk out.

#221 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Are any of you guys biting the bullet on the 32 GB card? I cannot decide what to do. The FEB 4GB card just isn't sufficient.

#222 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Wow, dude at Best Buy was like "Yea, just reserve a game for $5 which you can cancel later and we'll do the 40% bonus" so I reserved PS3 The Show: 2012.... and traded in 26 games, ended up with $470 in a gift card... nice bonuses there. They didn't have Lumines though, but it did appear they had pulled some more games from their back room and put them out compared to what they had a few days ago, couple copies of UMvC, Uncharted, Katamari, etc. No Ninja Gaiden/Dynasty Warriors so saved my credit for now.

As to the 32GB Card, I haven't bought that, the 8GB that came with the 3G really seems like enough for now, but it depends on if you're going digital or physical. I'll go physical simply for the resale/trade in value down the road, especially given how small the difference in price is, I would get a 32GB if you're planning on going mainly digital though.

#223 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

regarding the 40% bonus on trade in toward any vita merchandise, anyone know if you can do the following to cheat the system?

Trade in value, get the bonus and get a few memory cards for Vita

Return the cards and get credit/gift card and store it for stuff you really want when its out?

i.e.
1) Trade in 4 games you don't want and say you are buying a vita 32 GB memory card
2) Get the 40% bonus and get the 32 GB
3) Return the 32 GB and get the bonus credited to your account/bestbuy giftcard?

#224 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

regarding the 40% bonus on trade in toward any vita merchandise, anyone know if you can do the following to cheat the system?

Trade in value, get the bonus and get a few memory cards for Vita

Return the cards and get credit/gift card and store it for stuff you really want when its out?

i.e.
1) Trade in 4 games you don't want and say you are buying a vita 32 GB memory card
2) Get the 40% bonus and get the 32 GB
3) Return the 32 GB and get the bonus credited to your account/bestbuy giftcard?

As far as I know that works fine, because whatever you return is going to be put on a gift card, they aren't going to go back and void the entire transaction and re-ring it without the bonus. The guy I did the trade in tonight said I could just cancel whatever I was pre-ordering. You don't even have to do as much as your thinking, reserving 1 Vita game for $5 will then get you 40% bonus for your entire trade in. Another 10% if you have a Gamer Unlocked Card...

#225 PANZERGRENADIER

PANZERGRENADIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

Traded in two PSPGOs at two different best buys this week and got my $70 gift card for each. They matched the free target memory card deal and i now have a shiny new vita. Barely any games left though. Targets selection sucked also. Kmart and TRU had plenty of different games though.

#226 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Holy cow. I just sold my old PSP 1000 for 75 bucks and my Go for 110 on eBay.

#227 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Wonder if there is a marketing for my PSP 1000 considering it's modded. hmmm

To the dude who traded in 26 games to Best Buy, W T F did you trade in for $470? Shitty games or more recent releases.

Posted Image

#228 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

Just tell the cashier to add your purchase on your Shopkick as well. They have to input the phone # again under Shopkick and if done right it will say Shopkick on the receipt. There are times that I get the Shopkick pts right away and sometimes I don't get them at all. You only get 75 pts per purchases of $10 and up.

The two times I've asked I've come across employees that didn't even know about Shopkick. I'll try again. I can see on their screen it says RZ/Shopkick. So to me, it seems like it's in the same menu screen. Weird because I did it and it took the RZ account but no Shopkick?

I don't think you even need to link your RZ accounto to Shop Kick...at least I don't remember if I did...either way, when you have enough "kicks" you can then redeem them for what they call Best Buy "gift cards," which come up as RZ certificates/Shop Kick on your receipt. You can also get a Target gc, too.

EDIT- I saw you were talking about purchases but I was talking about the kicks you get simply by visiting the store. You get 55 kicks for visiting the store and 20 for visiting the digital imaging department. You get more if you scan stuff around the store but I don't have the time nor patience any longer.

You can get credited for every $10 purchases as well. I wish I knew about Shopkick years ago or else I'd have banked enough RZ points to pay off a Vita.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#229 knight613

knight613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

Does Best Buy sell digital codes for Vita games yet? I don't think I've seen any in their store. I'd honestly trade in some games for the 40% extra bonus if I could get a digital game with it.

#230 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

OK, I've decided at the 11th hour to take advantage of the trade bonus towards a Vita, IF they'll match Target/or give me some kind of a deal towards a bigger card. Factoring in the amount of money I spend up there, and the potential loss of a 30+ game trade, a console sale and 3 games, I'll think they'll do something for me (at least I'd hope that they would).

#231 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Are any of you guys biting the bullet on the 32 GB card? I cannot decide what to do. The FEB 4GB card just isn't sufficient.

Yeah, the 4GB card that came with my FEB is already full. I want the 32GB but I'm having a hard time swallowing that price.

Amazon dropped the price to $90 the other day (I setup an alert at camelcamelcamel.com) but it only lasted for a few minutes and I missed it.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#232 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, the 4GB card that came with my FEB is already full. I want the 32GB but I'm having a hard time swallowing that price.

Amazon dropped the price to $90 the other day (I setup an alert at camelcamelcamel.com) but it only lasted for a few minutes and I missed it.

Same as me. I think I'm going to eat the cost. I figure if the price drops in the next month, I'll rebuy it and return on the original receipt.

I don't know how much I'll actually need. 16 may even be enough, but I think I'm just going to jump in with both feet.

#233 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Wonder if there is a marketing for my PSP 1000 considering it's modded. hmmm

To the dude who traded in 26 games to Best Buy, W T F did you trade in for $470? Shitty games or more recent releases.

Mix of the two, some newer stuff, but it's stuff that isn't going to be rare or go up in price, so I figured now was as good of time as any to get rid of it - plus for the games I had CE of I just brought the disc itself and kept everything else, trade in list of what I got (if anyone is looking at doing trade ins today) are as follows:

Battlefield 3 - $30
Prince of Persia - $6
Star Fox 3DS - $21
Super Mario 3D Land - $27
WWE All Stars - $12
Crysis 2 - $12
Knights Contract - $10.50
3D Dot Game Heroes - $5
Cabellas Dangerous Hunts 2011 - $7.50
Tekken 6 - $7.50
Resistance 3 - $16.50
Saints Row the 3rd - $30
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $24
James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded - $21
Madden NFL 12 - $24
Homefront - $7.50
Dungeon Siege 3 - $12
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 - $12
Batman: Arkham City - $30
Dark Souls - $21
Child of Eden - $13.50
Skyrim - $37.50
Uncharted 3 - $37.50
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $15
Muramasa - $6

Going to run over there now and trade in The Darkness 2 for $30 and Kingdoms of Amalur (Beat it last night) for $37.50, along with Zelda on 3DS for $25 or so. Will never get this good of prices at gamestop... really what I need to stop doing is just buying games to buy them, and just get ones I'll actually sit down and beat -_-

Anyone know if I can turn Best Buy GC's into Amazon GC's?

#234 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Mix of the two, some newer stuff, but it's stuff that isn't going to be rare or go up in price, so I figured now was as good of time as any to get rid of it - plus for the games I had CE of I just brought the disc itself and kept everything else, trade in list of what I got (if anyone is looking at doing trade ins today) are as follows:

Battlefield 3 - $30
Prince of Persia - $6
Star Fox 3DS - $21
Super Mario 3D Land - $27
WWE All Stars - $12
Crysis 2 - $12
Knights Contract - $10.50
3D Dot Game Heroes - $5
Cabellas Dangerous Hunts 2011 - $7.50
Tekken 6 - $7.50
Resistance 3 - $16.50
Saints Row the 3rd - $30
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $24
James Bond: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded - $21
Madden NFL 12 - $24
Homefront - $7.50
Dungeon Siege 3 - $12
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 - $12
Batman: Arkham City - $30
Dark Souls - $21
Child of Eden - $13.50
Skyrim - $37.50
Uncharted 3 - $37.50
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $15
Muramasa - $6

Going to run over there now and trade in The Darkness 2 for $30 and Kingdoms of Amalur (Beat it last night) for $37.50, along with Zelda on 3DS for $25 or so. Will never get this good of prices at gamestop... really what I need to stop doing is just buying games to buy them, and just get ones I'll actually sit down and beat -_-

Anyone know if I can turn Best Buy GC's into Amazon GC's?

Yeah just buy kindle cards with the gcs

#235 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Aren't the deals for next week (starting tomorrow) usually posted by now?

Curious if there are similar Vita game deals...

#236 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Doesn't seem to be any Vita stuff in next week's ad: Link

#237 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

zero vita stuff in next weeks BB ad. :roll:

#238 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Best Buy kind of irked me yesterday. I was going to do the B2G1 thru them and also hopefully get the Vita and the free memory card(YMMV). So I order online UMVC3, Uncharted, and Rayman(sold out for now). Now the store that i ordered UMVC3 is still pending to p/u but i head there anyway. I get the email cant be found in store. I seen this happen before and i still go inside. I look around the Vita section. Cleaned out. I walk alittle further and i see there is another section and a BB rep is taking one out of the glass. I'm like I did a Store Pickup how are you selling the last ones to someone. And he is like maybe ppl just returned it or something, and the other rep had a copy under the counter for myself. I was livid. Moreso because they didn't seem to care.

2nd store where i setup to get the Vita and UC. I ask if they are doing the promo match w/ Target. The rep is like they would never do it and etc, etc. I was like fine( i know they have plenty of times). and just got the Vita at Target.
Posted Image

#239 BlurredReality

BlurredReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Those TI prices are crazy, they are selling some of those games even lower then the amount they are paying for trade in, is BB nuts?

Kind of what I was thinking when I was doing the trade in, I don't see how they are going to make any money off most of these. Went back last night and traded in another 10 games or so since it was the last day, Zelda for 3DS was $30 (which is crazy) and Amalur $37.50 and Darkness 2 $30. Ended up flipping the BB GC to $650 in Amazon GC's.

At least I got my big trade in for the year done, I'm not sure how they are handling their vita section, but again last night they had some new games that weren't there Friday, but were missing several still so no chance to jump on the B2G1 wagon from them.