Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Pre-order Mass Effect 3 , Get BF3 for free on Origin (PC)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://store.origin....html/pbPage.me3

This actually isn't a bad deal at all, since I don't see many sales on the PC version of ME3, and for $20 more you can get Battlefield 3 and the other digital goodies.

EDIT: Looks like it works with the standard edition too? I got this from the examiner and I could have sworn it said Deluxe only, ah well, editing the title.

Also the PC demo is LIVE! Launch Origin and get it from there.

Edited by The Holy Pretzle, 17 February 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#2 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Wow, that's a great deal. :o

#3 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

You know, I had already preordered the Digital Deluxe version on PC. Might as well move from Amazon to Origin and get BF3 for free. Killer deal!

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#4 BinaryTB

BinaryTB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

RE: Demo on Origin
I don't know if this is fixed yet or not, but once you install a "free" game on Origin (e.g. any free demo), it sticks around in your game library and you can't remove it. I had to contact Origin support to get them to remove the Kingdoms of Amalur demo from my library. So if you get the ME3 demo and then buy the game on Origin, it's possible you'll have it show up twice, one of them with the "free" label on the pic.

This only matters if you're care about these things. I do, they really bug me.

#5 davesrt10

davesrt10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Great deal if you dont have bf3 because i dont think they will email you the code to sell it, they will just add it to your library. or maybe im wrong does anyone know? it will be great if you could sell it
Trading
Borderlands 2 Mr torgue Dlc Ps3/Xbox Codes for 5 amazon gc pm if interested
5 Starbucks Egc for 2 Amazon pm if intersted

#6 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

i already have BF3 can i gift this BF3 copies or not?

#7 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

the page says "Prepare to enter the battle! Instructions on how to redeem your bonus PC Digital Download copy of Battlefield 3â„¢ will be sent to you via email when Mass Effectâ„¢ 3 is released.". I don't want BF3 at all, but I have a friend who loves shooters that would want it. So I hope it's a key.

#8 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

As much I hate Origin, I probably will do that deal. Is this offer up at all times or just this week?

#9 mysoor2000

mysoor2000

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

great deal.. but where is it mentioned about the digital deluxe version? It just says that buy ME3 and get BF3. It doesn't even say that you need to buy the digital version of ME3.

#10 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

great deal.. but where is it mentioned about the digital deluxe version? It just says that buy ME3 and get BF3. It doesn't even say that you need to buy the digital version of ME3.

Page shows "Origin Pre-Order Offer Details", I would think EA would prefer people preorder from their own service which is why they're giving BF3 free. I wouldn't mind if they did it for all pre-orders though :P, since I have the retail CE preordered through Amazon.

Edit: But you're right, I think this applies to both standard and DD on origin preorders.

#11 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wow that's not too bad, I wish Origin didn't charge tax though.

Just curious, does this work if I preorder through Amazon since it's an Origin-exclusive? I have some Amazon I'd rather use instead of cash.

#12 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

I wonder if the BF3 code comes seperate or just attaches to your account. I already own BF3 but would sell/trade the code to offset the price a bit.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#13 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

can you buy a console version of the game and then get the BF3 Code for PC?
Posted Image

#14 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Great deal considering Origin is the only way you can even get ME3 on the PC. But sucks for those of us who already bought BF3.

#15 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Really tempting. Even more so after playing the PC demo. I guess I have till March 5th to make up my mind.

#16 Skexis

Skexis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

That is a pretty good deal, but I already have BF3 and have preordered a physical copy on ME3, so no go for me.

Worth noting:

OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 5, 2012. VALID ONLY ON NEW PURCHASES OF MASS EFFECT 3 ("PRODUCT") FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND ONLY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A DIGITAL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ("BF3"). CUSTOMERS WILL BE EMAILED THE CODE FOR BF3 BY MARCH 8, 2012. VALID ONLY IN US and CANADA.

Also, says nothing about the Back to Karkand pack, so if that's important to you, expect to spend another 9.99 on BF3 content.

#17 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Alright edited the title to reflect that it's for the standard version as well, so people who don't want the extra junk can look in here too.

#18 Coolicy

Coolicy

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

I've contacted EA support regarding the deal. This is the support lady's response.

Abhishek: let me inform you that if you pre order the game "Mass Effect 3" then you will get the CD key of the game "BF 3" when the game (Mass Effect 3) will release. but you would not able to give it your friend as that game code will associated with your account .

I'm a bit disappointed, since I already have BF3. I was skeptic of ME3 at first, but was blown away by the demo. I'll be desperately checking around for deals on ME3 preorders. Hope this clears things up for fellow CAG users =)

#19 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

I've contacted EA support regarding the deal. This is the support lady's response.

Abhishek: let me inform you that if you pre order the game "Mass Effect 3" then you will get the CD key of the game "BF 3" when the game (Mass Effect 3) will release. but you would not able to give it your friend as that game code will associated with your account .

I'm a bit disappointed, since I already have BF3. I was skeptic of ME3 at first, but was blown away by the demo. I'll be desperately checking around for deals on ME3 preorders. Hope this clears things up for fellow CAG users =)

My BS meter is going crazy with that one. They seem to contradict themselves. What's the point of issuing a cd key if they bother associating it with an account. Why not just associate the game? Seems like bs, the question is if it's worth risking being burnt and probably not is the answer.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#20 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

can you buy a console version of the game and then get the BF3 Code for PC?

That's what I'm wondering. It looks like you can but I'm not sure. I only would want ME3 on the XBox but I do want a copy of BF3 for PC, so this would be great if you're able to do it that way.
Posted Image

#21 figcoinc

figcoinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

So if I buy the Xbox 360 version do I still get the code for BF3, or must I get the digital download version of ME3?

I do not mind the BF3 PC version at all. Just rather have ME3 on my Xbox since my ME2 save is on it.

#22 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

If this helps anyone in their decision, there's a program out there or something that lets you transfer your ME 360 saves to PC and vice versa.

#23 malistrais

malistrais

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

no kidding? do tell, please :)

i did some googling and can't find a program that goes from xbox to pc...

If this helps anyone in their decision, there's a program out there or something that lets you transfer your ME 360 saves to PC and vice versa.

#24 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Dammit i literally just got BF3 LE for PC in the mail today so i could play with co-workers.

Also does this extend to previous pre-orders? Ive had ME3 CE for the 360 pre-ordered on Origin since August.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#25 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

That's what I'm wondering. It looks like you can but I'm not sure. I only would want ME3 on the XBox but I do want a copy of BF3 for PC, so this would be great if you're able to do it that way.

From the EA Origin Facebook page

"Pre-order Mass Effect 3 today on Origin (any platform) and get a bonus PCDD copy of Battlefield 3 ! Click to pre-order and get more details on the deal"

It would appear you can get a 360 copy of ME3 and get a PCDD of BF3 :)

#26 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

From the EA Origin Facebook page

"Pre-order Mass Effect 3 today on Origin (any platform) and get a bonus PCDD copy of Battlefield 3 ! Click to pre-order and get more details on the deal"

It would appear you can get a 360 copy of ME3 and get a PCDD of BF3 :)

Thankee.
Posted Image

#27 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

next question: can i preorder a physical copy of the collector's edition (PC) and get the BF3 key?

EDIT: hurm, looks like i may have missed the boat on the collector's edition anyway. shucks.
Posted Image

#28 deletion

deletion

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

ok, so i can pre-order a console ME3 and still get a digital download of BF3 right away??
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#29 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

For those who want to move their save file to console or to pc
http://social.biowar...8/index/5573902
Posted Image

#30 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Oh god this is tempting.... I already have BF3 for my xbox and been wanting it for my pc.
Posted Image