Blu-ray and DVD coupons and rebates wiki 2012

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#331 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

That option has always been present. The trick is that they do not separate gift card balance from promotional balance, so if you have a coupon or some other promotional credit, you'll lose it by unchecking the box.

The only way to get around it that I've found is to spend your full gift card balance on a preorder, place the order you want, then cancel the preorder.

No, that option has not always been present.

In other news, there are several Target mobile coupons:

$4 off Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Blu or DVD

$2 off The Croods 3D Blu, Blu or DVD

$2 off Turbo 3D Blu, Blu or DVD

$2 off Shrek: The Musical Blu or DVD

#332 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

No, that option has not always been present.

You're probably right. I shouldn't characterize it as always so much as "for at least the past two years." It's been documented in many threads here on CAG, plus my own experience.

Although it's possible Amazon was allowing it for only a select few accounts as a trial.

But in any case, unchecking the box will also remove the coupon/promotion.

#333 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Handful of coupons on Amazon:

$4 off:

Ice Age: Continental Drift

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dogs Days

$3 off:

Alvin and the Chipmunks

I'm pretty sure all of these have been available for less before, but if you're desperate to buy one of them now...

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#334 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Target Mobile has $4 off coupon for season 4 of Archer on DVD or Blu-Ray.
Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#335 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Another Amazon coupon:

$1.50 off of Miracle

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#336 Bluecomputerpro

Bluecomputerpro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Screen-Shot-2014-01-22-at-8.27.05-PM.png

thanks to www.amittenfullofsavings.com

the coupon can be found on special bags of klondike potatoes or in the most current Food Network magazine. happy hunting

May the ghost of Cheap Ass past guide us on our path to CAG greatness

#337 gravel

gravel

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Redbox is also advertising $5 Cloudy 2 when you rent it.  I'm not sure which stores count as participating stores, but if you plan to buy it, you can save about $3.50 by renting it first.  It's on there front page, but it says I can't post that image extension here.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#338 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

Handful of coupons on Amazon:

$4 off:
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dogs Days

$3 off:
Alvin and the Chipmunks

I'm pretty sure all of these have been available for less before, but if you're desperate to buy one of them now...

i think the ice age one expired
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#339 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Anyone seen anything for the release of Frozen?

#340 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Anyone seen anything for the release of Frozen?

Yes, a lack of 3D disc releases in North America.  Otherwise, nope, nothing to report.

#341 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

only news of frozen i know is that this website called zavi has the steelbook version and that amazon has the blu ray/dvd combo pack for 22.99$. that all really
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#342 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

only news of frozen i know is that this website called zavi has the steelbook version and that amazon has the blu ray/dvd combo pack for 22.99$. that all really

Assuming it's region free though.

#343 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Looks Like amazon has dropped the price to $19.99.

#344 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

http://www.disneymov...pon?int_cmp=DMR

$5 off Saving Mr Banks

#345 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

Was at Walmart today and saw the new Marvel animated Punisher/Blackwidow Blu Ray with a sticker on the shrink wrap for up to $10 off Amazing Spiderman 2 in theaters. The movie rang up as $17 I think and that was too much for me. Only saw one of these and couldn't find anything else with a similar sticker. Most of the time there are other movies as well.

I'd appreciate it if someone posts any other movies they find with a similar sticker and what store chain it was found at.

Thanks

#346 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Forgot about that thing coming out. I'll have to get that as I do plan to see the new Spidey flick.

#347 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

New releases of the first 3 Spider-Man films have the HMM for Amazing 2 as well. If you buy 2 of them at Best Buy, you get an extra 100 RZ points.

#348 lokie56

lokie56

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

request if anyone has a generic HMM (one for any movie), I don't care if it is used or if you edit out your code and name, If you can send me a hires copy of the coupon part at bottom or pdf of a used code I'd appreciate it!

#349 crackerjeffbox

crackerjeffbox

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for these lists!

#350 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

request if anyone has a generic HMM (one for any movie), I don't care if it is used or if you edit out your code and name, If you can send me a hires copy of the coupon part at bottom or pdf of a used code I'd appreciate it!

Why would you need something like this, unless you're planning to "fix" one so you can use it for some purpose it wasn't intended to be used for?

#351 lokie56

lokie56

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Why I want it so that I dont have to go through the same back and forth every time my theater has a new employee at the ticket booth.

"This is only for x movie"

"Please just try it"

"I need to ask my manager." (who knows me pretty well by the way)

"Just put it through"

it works as it always does

5 minute conversation, makes a whole scene

and sometimes makes me late for the movie.

I am trying to avoid this by simply placing my own REAL purchased codes from x movie into a generic one so I can simply avoid this form now on. I am sick of having to explain myself when I know it is going to work, and stop them from making a scene. It always works I just hate dealing with the back and forth.

#352 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Why I want it so that I dont have to go through the same back and forth every time my theater has a new employee at the ticket booth.

"This is only for x movie"

"Please just try it"

"I need to ask my manager." (who knows me pretty well by the way)

"Just put it through"

it works as it always does

5 minute conversation, makes a whole scene

and sometimes makes me late for the movie.

I am trying to avoid this by simply placing my own REAL purchased codes from x movie into a generic one so I can simply avoid this form now on. I am sick of having to explain myself when I know it is going to work, and stop them from making a scene. It always works I just hate dealing with the back and forth.

They're not generic, so "adjusting it" as you're planning on doing, is fraud.   If they want to allow it for another movie, it's their discretion to do so and they're well within their rights to tell you that it can't be used for other than the movie in question.

Why not go take care of your "plan" with the next one you get and not let someone else be dragged into your crap?

#353 lokie56

lokie56

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

There is nothing in the fine print that states it may not be used for another film. The problem is when you try explaining that to an employee who has 5 people behind they don't care to listen. None of them state ONLY FOR THIS FILM, they used to have a statement at the top that said or any other movie in bold at top, but for whatever stupid reason they phased that out.

Its fraud if I try and use it for anything other than the purchase of a movie ticket which I am not, its fraud if I try and sell them which I am not. I am using them for a movie, I just hate having to deal with inexperienced employees. Are they just doing their job, yes, but I don't like wasting 5 minutes every time they get a new employee.

If you dont feel like helping thats fine, I am asking if anyone else is willing to do so, I would be grateful.

#354 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

There is nothing in the fine print that states it may not be used for another film. The problem is when you try explaining that to an employee who has 5 people behind they don't care to listen. None of them state ONLY FOR THIS FILM, they used to have a statement at the top that said or any other movie in bold at top, but for whatever stupid reason they phased that out.

Its fraud if I try and use it for anything other than the purchase of a movie ticket which I am not, its fraud if I try and sell them which I am not. I am using them for a movie, I just hate having to deal with inexperienced employees. Are they just doing their job, yes, but I don't like wasting 5 minutes every time they get a new employee.

If you dont feel like helping thats fine, I am asking if anyone else is willing to do so, I would be grateful.

They phased it out so that they can stop people from doing just what you're wanting to do, go see another film.  They're promotions to increase the number of people seeing that specific movie, so they removed the text that allowed you to go elsewhere.

It doesn't state on the most recent one I had for RoboCop that it could be used for another movie, just that it had to be used for a movie admission.  The amount listed on the certificate says specifically "for RoboCop".

It also does say that making changes/adjustments to the information on the certificate is fraud.

#355 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

This post could have been shortened to: I'm mad because I find it harder to scam my way into free showings and I need any help I can get to reinforce my cheapness.

#356 lokie56

lokie56

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Gx9jq.jpg

I'm sorry please show me where it says I can't use it for any movie. It is not free by any means, I go and buy the film or buy items to get them. If they wanted to restrict to a single film they would have outrightly stated that or restricted the code for only a given film. Again if you don't feel like helping fine, I don't need your blessing to make me feel better about using something I paid for.

#357 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

coupons.com

Nurse Jackie $5

Mad Men $5

Diary of a Wimpy kid $2

and a few others

http://www.coupons.c...nid=10&zid=pt82

I have on order Seasons 1-4 of Nurse Jackie from BBuy $9.99 each, I plan to return at store and use the coupons for a net of $5 each

Not easy to find at store level, only one store in my state had all four seasons, too far away so I ordered online with customer service rep with "elite" shipping.

I've already bought Mad Men but between Target and BBuy net about $7 each (again not easy to find seasons 1 & 2....)

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."