- - - - -

Buy 2, get 1 free on all PS Vita games - valid 2/19-2/25 at Target

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#421 eyeh8f8

eyeh8f8

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

I got best buy to match it.

Also I ordered Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Resistance Burning Skies, Disgaea 3, Little Big Planet, and some other game by calling target,com CS (thanks to ravens post)

Do they charge you when the game ships or right away. Definitely some games that I'm interested in preordering but if they charge charges me right away and not when the games ship, might have to forget about that.

#422 dagarcia2678

dagarcia2678

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

I got Best Buy to price match this with no fight. Didn't even get a manager involved. Possibly the easiest PM I have done in a long time.

#423 dallow

dallow

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Both Targets had games they weren't allowed to sell on the floor, and all sellable stock in the stockroom.
Plus the sale wasn't even working properly when they finally got the games I wanted...

Bad management all around.

#424 Marino

Marino

Giant Bomb Moderator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

To those that were able to price match elsewhere, how did you ask if they price matched?

I just went back to where the Vita games were and asked the guy there. I showed him the ad and he a manager to okay it.

#425 jakedombroski

jakedombroski

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Yes there are some games that are out already but for example the ninja gaiden game isnt out till wed. so not ALL the games are out. Since i noticed u make that wise picture below my comment have u worked in retail?. Do u know that sometimes things dont get released at the same time?. Im just wondering man. Im glad too man.

Correct Ninja Gaiden is being released on wed by the manufacturer. FIFA is being held by target and target only. Legally once a street date has been broken surrounding retailer have the right to sell that item so everything is fair. That is the purpose of a street date. Retailers like gamestop don't have a logistics department like target or best buy.

I managed both a circuit city and a gamestop. I know retail. It was a company error. Target screwed up. Once a street date has passed then the product is for sale. Suppliers get pissed when you withhold product. They don't make money that way.

Best buy should be stoked. They are reaping the benefits of targets stupidity (if that store is smart enough to price match it). I fit was not out till wed then the games should have that mentioned below the game like the others do.

Withholding a product when it is out and not selling anything in a current ad wrong. The ad is for the 19th to the 25th unless that item has an individual exemption.

#426 RedK

RedK

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

lol CC and gamestop..

#427 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I got Best Buy to price match this with no fight. Didn't even get a manager involved. Possibly the easiest PM I have done in a long time.

Same here. I didn't even have to show the ad. B2G1 is a reasonable expectation of your competitors and the gaming supervisor was happy to take my money

#428 pentupanger

pentupanger

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

I went to three different Targets and finally decided to just get three games and then return the one I didn't want on Wednesday for something that comes out then. I picked up Uncharted, HSG, and UMvC.... The electronics guy had to have a manager come over and override the free game (UMvC), but since the ad didn't say anything about the sale starting on Wednesday they couldn't argue with me... I will take UMvC back sometime this week and probably get Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Then I went to my local Gamestop and traded the Uncharted and HSG that I had bought from them last week and got Lumines and Shinobido II...

Something else to be aware of.... the Gamestop guys told me that Gamestop was going to have a B2G1 deal on Vita games this week too... no clue when that'll start.

Edited by pentupanger, 19 February 2012 - 11:04 PM.
proper forming is good.

#429 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

How do you get the deal online? It doesn't work for me.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#430 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Both Targets had games they weren't allowed to sell on the floor, and all sellable stock in the stockroom.
Plus the sale wasn't even working properly when they finally got the games I wanted...

Bad management all around.

That happened to me as well. I had to supply them with the DPCI numbers because they were clueless and had a manager involved as well. They finally got the games I wanted from the back room and began checking out. Of course, once we got to Fifa Soccer it was street dated for the 21st, which is a load of BS since it isn't actually street dated by EA.

Overall, a very poorly managed situation by Target. The manager asked me if I would return on Wednesday and I told him no. At this point, I will hold out for an Amazon match. If not, I'm not worried about it, I have a whole bunch of games for the Vita as it is.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#431 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

My Target is right above a Best Buy, so if things don't work out there, I can just go down below and try for a price match.

#432 jakedombroski

jakedombroski

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

lol CC and gamestop..

You clearly don understand business law but if you wanna become more informed then start here.

http://www.ftc.gov/b...t/ad-decept.htm

the FCC also has allot to say about false ads but the page was hacked.

Secondly, I don't blame you personally. It is the companies job to keep you informed of promotions. Clearly that did not happen.

Bottom line this thread shows that some people are getting the deal and others are not. This is WRONG. Not the end of the world. With better communication in the ad and to employes, customers would not be so upset.

I did get my games so no sweat off my back. But they did have to put fifa aside for me (which the ad does say no rain checks. ;) )

#433 bnl11311

bnl11311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

best buy has the worst customer service ever... there were no games out at my target didn't know to ask at the time. I had best buy customer support say they would price match and now they aren't. Amazon better match this.... these buy 2 get 1 deals are ruining the vita launch for me more than anything. The system is great, the clarity of sales and bundles has been awful. It will be a long time before I shop at any of these stores. Amazon or bust is quickly becoming my mantra

#434 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Is Army Corps of Hell out at Best Buy? I see it says releasing the 22nd on their site.

#435 weeskwee

weeskwee

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

Is Army Corps of Hell out at Best Buy? I see it says releasing the 22nd on their site.

I got it at a Best Buy today, but all stores are different. Some are holding it in the back for Wednesday's Vita release.

#436 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Got Best Buy to price match.
Picked Up:
Lumines
Little Deviants
Marvel vs Capcom 3

Lumines and Little deviants Im returning to Gamestop as I bought there last week.
Marvel vs Capcom was a filler game as there wasnt anything else I wanted (already have UC, Wipeout, Hotshots). I asked if I could just return Marvel this coming week when more games are in for an even swap with another $40 game and they said that is fine.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#437 Pumapride

Pumapride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just got back from Target. The manager said the deal is in fact for all the Vita games. Unfortunately the only game the Target I went to carries is FIFA. Go figure.

#438 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I went to a Target here in Colorado Springs and the lady was pretty rude. She said that it doesn't come out to Wednesday and the only game she is going to put out right now is Ninja Gaiden. I was like WTF you do want my money, whatever.

#439 Blackfire

Blackfire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Just called Best Buy and asked if they'd price match. They said no, they only price match actual prices, not deals. :(

#440 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I called Target CS and got Unit 13, Disgaea 3, and Resistance BS.

#441 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

I called Target CS and got Unit 13, Disgaea 3, and Resistance BS.

Hate to be dense, but how - they're all pre-orders after the ad dates...

#442 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hate to be dense, but how - they're all pre-orders after the ad dates...

they're preordered?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#443 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I called Target CS and was told in-store only, but YMMV, because the CSR I got didn't really understand what I meant at first.

#444 nectarsis1

nectarsis1

Nintega is a Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Has anyone called/tried to see if Gamestop will match this? (sorry if it's been mentioned).
GREAT PC Engine/Turbografx review site :applause:
http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/

My gaming blog TG/PCE to modern :bouncy:
http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

#445 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

Has anyone called/tried to see if Gamestop will match this? (sorry if it's been mentioned).

Gamestop doesn't match anything ever.

#446 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Well on the upside, nice employee confirmed that they already had Dynasty Warriors, Hot Shots Golf, and Ninja Gaiden in the back (Along with numerous others). On the downside, poor dude got yelled at by his douche manager when we both inquired if he could sell the games today or not. (Even stating that other retailers were selling them already)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#447 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

You should have yelled back at the douche manager to check workbench and find the post listing what could be sold prior to 2/22.

#448 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

I just don't understand why Target isn't carrying Rayman? Is it possible it will be in the system (and stores) by Wed?

#449 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

You should have yelled back at the douche manager to check workbench and find the post listing what could be sold prior to 2/22.

Should have, he kept pointing to the sales ad saying it wasnt available till Wednesday, but the ad just says that for the Vita and not the games. (And i didnt realize it till i was out in my car <_<).

I might go back by tommorow after class to try again and hope i get him again

Either way, arent Ninja Gaiden and Dynasty Warriors technically locked out till Wednesday anyway? Though i have heard of a few people getting them
Posted ImagePosted Image

#450 camp

camp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Has anyone seen Rayman at a walmart?