Assassin's Creed 3 releasing October 30th, American Revolution confirmed!

"He said the game has been in development for three years."

If this is true (meaning AC3 = level of quality in AC2) then its good news. Otherwise...

[quote name='sandaz93']"He said the game has been in development for three years."

If this is true (meaning AC3 = level of quality in AC2) then its good news. Otherwise...[/QUOTE]

Yeah... and Shaquille O'Neal is Scottish.

I played the heck out of Brotherhood, but haven't even got around to Revelations.
I think it is a bad idea turning this into a yearly franchise.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I played the heck out of Brotherhood, but haven't even got around to Revelations.
I think it is a bad idea turning this into a yearly franchise.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I was so excited seeing the original AC way back in the day. Got it when it released and loved it. Reminded me a lot about PoP, which was my favorite franchise growing up. I don't want this to turn into CoD and just release after release to the point where it comes out really dull and flat. AC:R already felt like that. It's a shame because this game is way better than a yearly CoD franchise.

[quote name='Geco17']Ditto. I was so excited seeing the original AC way back in the day. Got it when it released and loved it. Reminded me a lot about PoP, which was my favorite franchise growing up. I don't want this to turn into CoD and just release after release to the point where it comes out really dull and flat. AC:R already felt like that. It's a shame because this game is way better than a yearly CoD franchise.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. I'm wondering if I should even pick up ACR. And what's with the achievements being 1240/1240? They couldn't add another 10 gamerscore, seriously? Just like Magna Carta 2, ugh.

/petpeeve

Wow, I just finished Assassin's Creed II a few months ago and Bloodlines a couple of months ago. Still have Brotherhood and Revelations to go through.

ACR was a big let down. Not to say it was horrible, just all the new things they added either sucked or were pointless.

I hope the rumors are true about it taking place during the American Revolution. The series needs a big change.

[quote name='Rodimus']ACR was a big let down. Not to say it was horrible, just all the new things they added either sucked or were pointless.

I hope the rumors are true about it taking place during the American Revolution. The series needs a big change.[/QUOTE]

No wonder it dropped to half price within a couple of weeks from release.. :roll:

[quote name='Rodimus']ACR was a big let down. Not to say it was horrible, just all the new things they added either sucked or were pointless.

I hope the rumors are true about it taking place during the American Revolution. The series needs a big change.[/QUOTE]

At least they're retiring Ezio Auditorie da Firenze. Hopefully for good. I loved him, until ACR, it just got too repetitive.

I still don't believe that they've been working on AC3 for 3 years now. But then again, they did go through a mini series with Ezio and his life. So I'm expecting 3 to be almost a complete revamp other than Desmond and co.

I liked Ezio too, but I think he reached the pinnacle of interest at the end of Brotherhood.

Story-wise Revelations didn't offer anything worth telling to warrant an entire game. It wrapped up Ezio and Altiar's stories, but in the grand scheme it didn't seem all that important. Desomnd was the most disappointing. Almost nothing happened in his story.

I liked the first AC a lot, absolutely loved ACII, but by the end of Brotherhood I was feeling a little burnt out with the series. To be fair, I had played the three games all within one calendar year. My son asked for ACR for Christmas, and he enjoyed it, but I have no plans to play it anytime soon myself.

[quote name='Rodimus']I hope the rumors are true about it taking place during the American Revolution. The series needs a big change.[/QUOTE]This would get me excited about the series again for sure.

New setting sounds awesome.

I'm hoping that they add some new gameplay aspects that are actually interesting (i.e. not castle defense or pointless faction missions).

I can already see were this is going. The new main character is part of the Culper Ring which was a guise for the Assassins. Good ol' Ben Franklin is your inventor of gadgets. I'm excited about this.

[quote name='blindinglights']New setting sounds awesome.

I'm hoping that they add some new gameplay aspects that are actually interesting (i.e. not castle defense or pointless faction missions).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Ima big fan of the Assassin's Creed games(minus the first one) The setting is a good start but they do need to introduce some new gameplay mechanics to keep things fresh.

I'm excited about the new game - I'll probably be on an Assassin's Creed kick a good part of this year. Right now I am going through Brotherhood and 100%'ing the missions and the DLC. I figure I'll be into Revelations by April or so and might go back to the first AC for one last playthrough to kill off all the templars, collect all the flags and chit-chat with Lucy. New game should be out by then, barring a delay in the release date.

So if this was in the making for three years then the games in between were really just money grabs..

Brotherhood was a damn fine moneygrab but AC:R was complete let down in every way.

This news has me so excited, it will be pretty sweet playing in this era and as a native american. At least i think you play as a Native American. I expect this game to be a leap forward from the last 3 games though. I really dont think its going to be AC:R with new setting and main character. There will be big improvements in the game, one way or another. I cant wait to see more information!

[quote name='The 7th Number']This news has me so excited, it will be pretty sweet playing in this era and as a native american. At least i think you play as a Native American.[/QUOTE]
Considering that the main character would have to be a direct ancestor of Desmond's (given how the Animus works and the whole plot, yadda yadda yadda), it seems like he's probably half-Native American.

[quote name='blueshinra']Considering that the main character would have to be a direct ancestor of Desmond's (given how the Animus works and the whole plot, yadda yadda yadda), it seems like he's probably half-Native American.[/QUOTE]

Same difference, at least it's something different. :)

[quote name='infamy']Same difference, at least it's something different. :)[/QUOTE]
Meh, it makes a difference to me. And after a Middle Easterner and a European, I should hope the main character's of different origins ;)

Question: Can I play Assassin's creed I, II and this and get the main core story? or do I need to play all 5?

[quote name='bhk']Question: Can I play Assassin's creed I, II and this and get the main core story? or do I need to play all 5?[/QUOTE]

They are designing this so you can jump straight into it if you're a newcomer, but I would recommend playing all except Revelations.

I have AC1, AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations all sitting on my shelf and I'm barely started on AC2... I'm thinking I'm just gonna sell off a bunch of them and just keep brotherhood or revelations and play it for fun, don't feel i'm ever gonna be caught up on the series or the story, too much other games to play.

[quote name='matrix9280']What's next? Assassin Creed on the Prairie. Sheesh! Give it a rest already.[/QUOTE]

Finally my dreams of stabbing nellie oleson to death will come true!

[quote name='simosaurus']Was reading some of the details online from here (many potential spoilers):

http://lanraiders.co.uk/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii-details-lots-them-2987/

Almost sounds like a little bit of RDR thrown into the AC universe. Basically, it sounds completely awesome. I like the idea of being able to explore and attack from the wilderness and that will be a welcome change of venue to what we have been exposed to so far.[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome. This could potentially be the best one yet.

I haven't played Revelations yet either! I probably won't get around to it until this summer, but I love me some Assassins Creed!

I'm interested in this game, but have yet to play a single entry in this series (except for like 20 minutes of 2 and that was just running around a city), how critical/enjoyable is it to start at the beginning of the series in order to get full enjoyment?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm interested in this game, but have yet to play a single entry in this series (except for like 20 minutes of 2 and that was just running around a city), how critical/enjoyable is it to start at the beginning of the series in order to get full enjoyment?[/QUOTE]

The story is pretty good. It's kinda getting dragged on at the moment, but if you're into stories, definitely start from the beginning. If you're gonna skip any of them, make it AC1. I hated that game, and the only reason I played AC2 was because I was at a friends house and saw how different it was.

If you want to get into the series I'd say go with AC2, then Brotherhood. There's little need to touch AC1. Revelations only if you want to finish off the story, it doesn't add anything intresting, just closure.

[quote name='Rodimus']If you want to get into the series I'd say go with AC2, then Brotherhood. There's little need to touch AC1. Revelations only if you want to finish off the story, it doesn't add anything intresting, just closure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's probably what I'll do. Gonna be a while before I get to this anyway, ME3, Skyrim, and Borderlands are gonna dominate my console for a while

Special.editions have been announced ed for EU. I really hope we get a true collectors edition in the U.S. this time. Info at xbox360achievements.org.

Any word on limited or special edition s for the u.s.??? I hear a freedom edition is exclusive to gsmestop but haven't been able to confirm.

Did my pre-order through Amazon today. I looked at the LE, and that statue sounds cool, but what am I going to do with a belt buckle and an embroidered flag?

Standard edition for me.

bread's done
Back