Skyrim CE $79.99 (360/PS3/PC), Tales of Vesperia $16, Resonance of Fate (360) $16, FS

Nice find, OP! I'm still hoping to find one of these babies for about $20-$30 cheaper, but regardless, it's a good deal coming from $150 msrp just a few months ago.

Just keep in mind if you're waiting for a further discount at a B&M store chances are the ones left over at Best Buy or Gamestop will be in much much worse shape then what you'd get from Newegg.

If you're only buying it to gut or don't care about the condition of the outer box then chances are best buy will eventually hit $59.99 but I don't see Newegg going much lower if it drops from this price at all

Pretty darned good deal, considering the original MSRP.

(Un?)fortunately, after putting in close to 120 hours on the game, I'm totally over getting the CE on this.

But for anyone who hasn't bitten on Skyrim yet, this is a fantastic opportunity to get the CE. Good find.

If Amazon didn't have these still in stock for both systems, I'd bite. I think I'll wait for the Amazon drop for no tax and potentially a lower price. Thanks tho OP, definitely a good drop.

[quote name='GBAstar']Just keep in mind if you're waiting for a further discount at a B&M store chances are the ones left over at Best Buy or Gamestop will be in much much worse shape then what you'd get from Newegg.

If you're only buying it to gut or don't care about the condition of the outer box then chances are best buy will eventually hit $59.99 but I don't see Newegg going much lower if it drops from this price at all[/QUOTE]

All of these gigantic box CEs have a limitless price floor - over time, retailers will be practically giving these things away. And while the above statement is true for the in-store stock, when you order online, you get warehouse stock that's typically still in the original shipping box that they received. When I bought the Arkham City CE from BB.com, it was this way. Agree with the CAG who pointed out that Amazon still has these in-stock online (and so does BB) - won't bite until less than $50.

I want to pick this up if it gets lower, but I am worried it won't drop too much further. I've been waiting to find a Gears 3 Epic Edition for cheap, but it is taking a lot longer than the Halo games to drop and is starting to disappear from stores around me (don't know where they would be going at +$100 prices though).

Could be cool, but I have no idea how much content is planned for this game and I feel like with GOTY versions of the last 2 ES games, this one can't be far behind.

I'm tempted by this, even though I told myself I would wait until it got to $50 (and it would be nice if it was at a retailer that I actually have a store credit at). I think the lowest price the game alone has ever been so far is around $40? So you can basically look at this as $40 for the extra CE goodies. A bit easier to swallow than the original $90 markup.

Hm tempted, but like others said: it's still in stock at Amazon & BB and I have credit at both places.

I HAD credit at Newegg, but spent it all on the GoW 3 Epic Edition (which sold out at this price point). I wanted the Skyrim CE more, but go figure.. they drop the price when I'm out of Newegg credit. Guess I'll wait for a drop at Amazon or BB.

Good deal, but I'm also waiting for it to go sub $50. Given the massive drops we've seen at BB on so many CE's in the last few months, I'm willing to wait and see if Skyrim gets the same treatment.

I still have that 20$ google offers code and don't know what else I could use it on before it expires next week, so I guess it is finally time to get this. Even if it went cheaper in the future, it probably wouldn't be this convenient.

I've been looking forward to getting this since it came out, thanks for the thread :D.

[quote name='keine']Nice find, OP! I'm still hoping to find one of these babies for about $20-$30 cheaper, but regardless, it's a good deal coming from $150 msrp just a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

AGREED....on all points!!!!!

This is tempting, but I'm sorta stuck with the regular version that I bought from TRU back in December for $40. It's past the 45 day return window for games, and though I did ask for a gift receipt, I go to TRU maybe twice a year for super game specials.

[quote name='proKoyeon']damn, good price for all 3 of those games....really want the CE, but i think amazon can top that[/QUOTE]
I agree I think we will see BBY or Amazon offer it for $59.99 in the next couple of months (would be sooner if more high profile CE's were coming)

[quote name='kklems']I agree I think we will see BBY or Amazon offer it for $59.99 in the next couple of months (would be sooner if more high profile CE's were coming)[/QUOTE]
Thats the gamble my friend....fingers cross!

[quote name='kklems']I agree I think we will see BBY or Amazon offer it for $59.99 in the next couple of months (would be sooner if more high profile CE's were coming)[/QUOTE]

the artbook alone is selling for $50+ on ebay. If you're interested in the CE then i'm sure some people are some-what interested in the artbook. Much more useful than the dragon statue :) Game is worth full price so I bit on the PC version \\:D/

BBY will definetely have it cheaper but their boxes look like someone slept inside them & then decided to jump around in sleep.
And I am tired of getting banged up boxes from Amazon
Newegg it is!

Just went into two BBY today. Every copy in both stores were an absolute mess. I was talking to the game adviser and he was even pissed at how some of these CE's get handled, heh.

[quote name='DigitalMP']Just went into two BBY today. Every copy in both stores were an absolute mess. I was talking to the game adviser and he was even pissed at how some of these CE's get handled, heh.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how they get like that. Do people come in, pick them up and throw them around? Even day 1 they looked a little rough.

This is a CE that I'd be a little worried about buying from a store regardless; it is one of those that would be very easy to open, gut, and place the safety seal stickers back in place and then return.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I wonder how they get like that. Do people come in, pick them up and throw them around? Even day 1 they looked a little rough.[/QUOTE]

I heard that after the store closes the BB employees stack them up and do dramatic recreations of the game q*bert

Is tales worth getting at $15? or hold out for cheaper?

I just recently got back into JRPGs (last time i played one was back on PS1)

[quote name='GBAstar']This is a CE that I'd be a little worried about buying from a store regardless; it is one of those that would be very easy to open, gut, and place the safety seal stickers back in place and then return.[/QUOTE]

at frys i watched two non-employees open up the ce box, take out the art book and statue to look at them and talk shit about the quality, and then toss the stuff back in the box and leave it on the sales floor.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']BBY will definetely have it cheaper but their boxes look like someone slept inside them & then decided to jump around in sleep.[/QUOTE]

You aren't kidding. I went to the most ghetto of all local BBs earlier today - in the back of my mind thinking I might get lucky on that $59.99 someone saw last week. They had 5 CEs for the 360...and every last one of the boxes looked like it lost a catfight to Courtney Love on a bender.

[quote name='styl3s']Is tales worth getting at $15? or hold out for cheaper?

I just recently got back into JRPGs (last time i played one was back on PS1)[/QUOTE]

It is well worth the price. Very lengthy campaign and a good story (weakest plot wise out of the tales games, but still a good). The battle system is dynamic and fun, offering many different play styles by jumping in and out of different characters.

The 2nd closest BB to me only has one Skyrim CE left and it looks bad. There's a couple others with it available, but I've only seen one I'd want to actually buy, and that store is 90 minutes away. This started at $150, so $80 was good to me. My total was 159.98 shipped (ordered 2 for 360). One of these I'm keeping. The other...I'll sell eventually.

If it drops again I might pick up another for the PS3.

I'm considering selling the CE game and just waiting for the GOTY game to take it's spot. I don't know though. For now I'll probably hold onto my copy.

Well,
It's guaranteed to drop in price now, because I just ordered one.

I figured it will probably drop to around $60 at some point, but since I just sold something on eBay, and could use the Paypal funds, I'm OK with the extra $20.
It's like trading some old stuff for Skyrim.

Plus I'll get to list my dragon on eBay before everyone who picks it up for $60 floods the market.

bread's done
Back