Photo
- - - - -

(OOS) Diablo III Collectors Edition Available for Pre-Order Again - $99.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#271 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

I was FINALLY able to get one. It had release day delivery, too, so that works out perfectly.

630736.png

#272 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

I was about to go to sleep and decided to check one last time on Amazon. I FINALLY was able to get it! I'm so happy!!! And with Release Day Delivery for only $0.99. AND...I forgot that I had some credit in my account. My total came out to $80.98 with RDD.

Damn...so glad I didn't go to sleep yet. Still can't believe I was able to score one. :D

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I checked to see how many they have in stock. Input a count of 999 in the checkout screen and it didn't give the usual, "Quantity has exceeded the XXX amount available for this item." I wonder if they actually have a ton more available for sale or if the quantity available isn't in their systems due to these selling out so fast.

EDIT 2: Well, that answered my question. Apparently it's the latter reason as they are once again sold out.

#273 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

I was about to go to sleep and decided to check one last time on Amazon. I FINALLY was able to get it! I'm so happy!!! And with Release Day Delivery for only $0.99. AND...I forgot that I had some credit in my account. My total came out to $80.98 with RDD.

Damn...so glad I didn't go to sleep yet. Still can't believe I was able to score one. :D

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I checked to see how many they have in stock. Input a count of 999 in the checkout screen and it didn't give the usual, "Quantity has exceeded the XXX amount available for this item." I wonder if they actually have a ton more available for sale or if the quantity available isn't in their systems due to these selling out so fast.

Congrats, man. I guess it was in your fate all along. :)

#274 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

Huh, looks like they either got a lot more units allocated or a ton of people decided to cancel, seeing as it's still available this long.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Now they're out.

#275 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Showing as sold out again, that was quick. As people cancel or credit cards are denied, it should continue reappear just like collectors edition mass effect 3 did.

#276 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Was able to snag one, glad I dont have to go wait in line at Fry's now. This will be a good bday present to myself next week.

#277 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Glad to see more people get it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#278 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Damn, missed it. Didn't even get an e-mail alert.

#279 rukkus

rukkus

Phantasy Star

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

yeah i keep missing it too.. i was actually up last night using the bathroom at around that time and checked my phone for alerts before going back to bed. congrats to everyone that got in. i will keep trying. :)

#280 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

i got in on two from walmart but really would rather do it with amazon if i can.

#281 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Its like I just keep missing it. I've been running seven different websites just going though one at a time hitting refresh and it just seems i can't get lucky enough to get one. :-/

#282 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Many of you guys seem to like doing things the hard way. Just grab Check for Change or Page Monitor and learn how to use it. It'll take you about 5 minutes.

#283 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

only issue I'm running into now is every time amazon changes the items it suggests for purchase it goes off...but meh. its worth it

#284 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

only issue I'm running into now is every time amazon changes the items it suggests for purchase it goes off...but meh. its worth it

Couldn't you set whatever you're using to monitor the item on Amazon's mobile site?

#285 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

can i do that on a desktop?

#286 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

http://www.amazon.co...36754444&sr=8-2

You can certainly look at the mobile site on a desktop.

#287 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

It just causes it to do the same thing with the mobile site

#288 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

This game hasn't really been on my radar until a day or two ago. I've been on the fence on whether I should get the CE edition but looking back at my past collector/special edition games, most of the stuff barring artbooks I've haven't really enjoyed past the "new shiny" experience. Nonetheless, saw a humorous unboxing of the CE:

#289 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

You should be able to select just a certain bit of text that needs to change instead of just anything on the page.

#290 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

ANy idea on how to do it? every time I go through advanced and selector it never quite saves it so it just starts looking at it even more often. Thank you for the help btw.

#291 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

ok that was just epic the video

#292 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

ANy idea on how to do it? every time I go through advanced and selector it never quite saves it so it just starts looking at it even more often. Thank you for the help btw.

I use Page Monitor in Chrome. Right click the icon for it, Options, check custom mode for the page you already are monitoring. Dropdown should say 'Selector', then click 'Pick'. It'll load the page, you select the element you want to monitor, then click 'Done' in the bottom right corner of the window (this is the part you might be missing). Beyond that, there isn't any saving.

You also should have it check more often than default, every five minutes or so.

#293 Skyriot

Skyriot

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

ahhhh thanks! one of my programs was blocking the done part. You've been a huge help!

#294 rukkus

rukkus

Phantasy Star

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

walmart has them right now, but ETA 5/21 with quickest shipping...

#295 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

If I had a better computer I'd give it a try.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#296 WhooFlungPoo

WhooFlungPoo

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

DAMNIT!!! I ahve wally worlds screen up, and i still missed it.

#297 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I checked at the time you posted, and I didn't see Walmart having it up...

#298 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

this will be widely available within a week or two of release just like Starcraft 2, no need to worry people.
Posted Image

#299 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Update:

The order I got in at Best Buy yesterday when they briefly came back in stock shipped today. It is going by UPS ground so I would expect it here mid to late next week

#300 SportInjectionR

SportInjectionR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I use Page Monitor in Chrome. Right click the icon for it, Options, check custom mode for the page you already are monitoring. Dropdown should say 'Selector', then click 'Pick'. It'll load the page, you select the element you want to monitor, then click 'Done' in the bottom right corner of the window (this is the part you might be missing). Beyond that, there isn't any saving.

You also should have it check more often than default, every five minutes or so.

Check 4 Change for Firefox is much easier to use; you just highlight the text you want to monitor, right click, choose a refresh interval (30 seconds is the most frequent), and you're done.