Photo
- - - - -

(OOS) Diablo III Collectors Edition Available for Pre-Order Again - $99.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#511 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

I may take a ride around this morning and see if any CE versions are around the area at the targets, best buy and walmart close by. I'm kind of interested in it, but I'll be honest. I never played the first two. I'm sure that will get me pitchforked (but I was a huge SC fan and Warcraft 2 fan).

#512 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'll throw my name out there as well if anyone has a spare guest pass. My collectors edition hasn't even shipped yet from Amazon. Oh the joy of when I decided to move back to AK where shipping is slightly better run then pissing in the wind.

#513 DuckM4n

DuckM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Looking for a guest pass if anyone's got a spare. Considering buying it, but want to check out how it compares to D2 first.

#514 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Ha, nice pic.

Just curious, is the CE going for less anywhere atm?

#515 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Ha, nice pic.

Just curious, is the CE going for less anywhere atm?

been looking around, but I don't even see it for MSRP anywhere.

#516 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

I may take a ride around this morning and see if any CE versions are around the area at the targets, best buy and walmart close by. I'm kind of interested in it, but I'll be honest. I never played the first two. I'm sure that will get me pitchforked (but I was a huge SC fan and Warcraft 2 fan).

Thinking about doing this too. GS seems like a good bet if their stock indicator is worth a damn.
76561197996844513.png

#517 Mainiac

Mainiac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I wouldn't mind a guest pass if anyone has one they won't be passing on to a friend, relative, pet or such. Thanks!

#518 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Looking for a guest pass if anyone's got a spare. Considering buying it, but want to check out how it compares to D2 first.

Well, if you just want to try the game now for the possible purchase later.... The "beta" experience, which is the same as the guest pass, will be open to the general public in a month or so via the Starter Experience.

Link for details: http://www.slashgear...-demo-14228103/

As for my opinion in how it compares.... Not so well in were it matters.

I did the open beta weekend (getting past some error 37 message while doing so) and while it, obviously, looks/sounds better than DII I found it to be rather lacking in character development...

(Even with the option to chose its very much like playing a game with auto level on.)

Customization is very much tied to gear (though not completely, some choice exists just not much) and if the best gear at high level is all set/unique related its going to be very possible to have every max level character look the same after all the grinding is said and done... (Very much like a MMO.)

Now, I'm not saying the game is bad... Its not. In fact,it plays quite well for the most part, but its not the Diablo game I've been waited so long for and I know I would enjoy it more if it didn't say Diablo III on it. (Granted, I still wouldn't pay 60 dollars for it since replayability is so limited... (nonexistent.)

#519 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Fry's still has it in stock for shipping or store pickup.

#520 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

search for Diablo III not Diablo 3 if you are looking for it at frys

#521 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

With a guest pass... if you make a character- can you carry it over to the retail version???

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#522 Mainiac

Mainiac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

With a guest pass... if you make a character- can you carry it over to the retail version???

Yes

#523 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yes

Thanks!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#524 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

So today is the day we see this restocked eh

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#525 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

So today is the day we see this restocked eh

maybe... even the most rare CE's usually get restocked first week (MGS HD Collection LE and Skyward Sword Bundle) but none of my B&M stores had this in stock this morning.

#526 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Im going to try to get one at the midnight opening as well. Best buy usually has tons of collectors everytime i've gone for every other game. Hopefully tonight its the same.

My local best buy only got in 14 copies, exactly enough for the number of preorders.

#527 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I went to fry's in Downers Grove IL; they had about 25-30 on the shelf as of 8:10AM.

I got one!!

#528 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Got an alert that it is instock at gamestop.

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/97853

^ Link to help those that aren't blacklisted like myself

#529 apokalypse

apokalypse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

apparently I'm "blacklisted" for reasons unknown...

#530 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

apparently I'm "blacklisted" for reasons unknown...

I thought I had resolved my blacklist problems by calling GS CSR to explain why I ordered multiples when the move equipment went on sale. I was told it would be resolved in a few business days. But... still can't place an order.

#531 FrankieFiero

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Got one! Hopefully I don't get the same treatment as I did from WalMart.

#532 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Interesting that every gamestop around me shows it in stock...

#533 apokalypse

apokalypse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Same. But damn, I don't know how/why I am blacklisted, I never had any discrepancies with GS before nor I have ever ordered an excessive amount of any item.

#534 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Derp. We go through this with every new release. Those are the the preorders being held for pickup. Derp.

#535 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

GS won't add to cart. oos.

#536 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Derp. We go through this with every new release. Those are the the preorders being held for pickup. Derp.

Wow I didn't know that. I would expect that if a copy was reserved in the system, it would not show up as available on line. Derp.

#537 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Is it possible to resell either version after you are done with it or is the cd key tied to a blizzard account?
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#538 Wynterwind

Wynterwind

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Is it possible to resell either version after you are done with it or is the cd key tied to a blizzard account?

CD Key is tied to the account.

#539 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Wow I didn't know that. I would expect that if a copy was reserved in the system, it would not show up as available on line. Derp.

Sorry for being rude. Late night. That is how GS inventory checker works. If they have a copy it will show up as in stock; even if that copy is reserved for a preorder

#540 EncodedNybble

EncodedNybble

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Now, I'm not saying the game is bad... Its not. In fact,it plays quite well for the most part, but its not the Diablo game I've been waited so long for and I know I would enjoy it more if it didn't say Diablo III on it. (Granted, I still wouldn't pay 60 dollars for it since replayability is so limited... (nonexistent.)

My opinion differs from yours. As someone who played D2 for 7 years pretty much straight then another 2 years off and on, I think the replayability is roughly the same. I say roughly because I obviously don't know how the end game works for D3 yet nor what the expansion packs (you know they're coming) would add.

As for the skills all being tied to weapons, this is the ONE major thing that I LOVE about Diablo 3 (there are lots of things I like, but this is the biggest). Love. So glad they changed that from Diablo 2. Now, every class more or less (depends on gear obviously) has the same ability to be an "MF" character or "gold find character." Some classes may have slightly better gear, but it comes down to how you play and what gear you have instead of design decisions.

Obviously this is all my opinion, but it plays very much like a Diablo game to me. I'm just glad they gave personalized drops, skill damage based on gear and the ability to respec at any time. Only time will tell if it is as replayable as D2 (seems that way so far), but I, for one, welcome our new Diablo 3 overlords.