Photo
- - - - -

(OOS) Diablo III Collectors Edition Available for Pre-Order Again - $99.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#121 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

yeah this game wont be as big as disappointment as FFXIV was in terms of quality. But you guys are in for a rude awakening. The gameplay mechanics are inferior to even Diablo 2.

waste of a hundo.

Couldn't disagree more. To each his own. Just don't try to state your opinion as fact next time. :roll:

#122 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

yeah this game wont be as big as disappointment as FFXIV was in terms of quality. But you guys are in for a rude awakening. The gameplay mechanics are inferior to even Diablo 2.

waste of a hundo.

It's okay. We'll get our money back through the auction house.

#123 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

The Diablo II Collector's Edition was limited and seeing how this one is sold out everywhere, it probably will be too.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#124 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just pray it's not like the WoW Collector's editions. Those may have been limited, but they were limited to around 1,000,000 (no clue on the real number, but the production on those must've been sky high).

I just hope this is a REAL collector's edition.
Fight for the Lost

#125 Begformymercy

Begformymercy

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Just pray it's not like the WoW Collector's editions. Those may have been limited, but they were limited to around 1,000,000 (no clue on the real number, but the production on those must've been sky high).

I just hope this is a REAL collector's edition.

To be honest I wanted to pre order this on Amazon as soon as it was up it was sold out. I pre ordered mine from Best buy and this collectors edition has been sold out everywhere except buy.com until recently so I trust it is limited.
Does it really matter anyway? This collectors edition is worth it. It's not a stupid deal like starcraft 2 collectors edition. I still wanted starcraft 2 collectors edition but it was worth more like $65 to me not 100. I do not want to know how diablo 3 is before I play it. I have high hopes for it being greater then d2 for starters at least the pali is gone but it seems so is teleport.

#126 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

It's not a stupid deal like starcraft 2 collectors edition.

-A sick case
-An artbook
-A soundtrack
-a Behind the Scenes DVD
-Game themed USB stick with original franchise loaded on.
-Special battle.net treats
-The game

Both the SC2 and D3 collector editions contain all the above. The deal seems similar to me?
Posted Image

#127 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

-A sick case
-An artbook
-A soundtrack
-a Behind the Scenes DVD
-Game themed USB stick with original franchise loaded on.
-Special battle.net treats
-The game

Both the SC2 and D3 collector editions contain all the above. The deal seems similar to me?

Yup its pretty much the same, but you get a Diablo skull.. I am still on the fence of cancelling my pre-order, I got all week to think on it..
Posted Image

#128 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

I am still on the fence as well; I had two pre orders and cancelled one due to $$$. I honestly don't know if it is worth it. The trend lately has been for new games to go on sale a week or three after release usually by 10.00 - 20.00.

#129 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

I am still on the fence as well; I had two pre orders and cancelled one due to $$$. I honestly don't know if it is worth it. The trend lately has been for new games to go on sale a week or three after release usually by 10.00 - 20.00.

Not Blizzad games. Diablo 3 sales will probably be few and far between

I need a new signature.

#130 Pig

Pig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

If you want it and whats contained inside get it. If not then dont.

#131 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I canceled my pre-order of the collector's edition after some "deep thinking" on the porcelain throne.

-Soundtrack: Neat-o!
-Artbook: Neat-o!
-Behind the scenes dvd/blu-ray: probably only watch once.
-Diablo Skull: Neat-o! More crap for my desk (already have games).
-WoW Pet: I don't play WoW.
-B.Net Portraits: Yay?
-D3 Ingame Dye/Wing: I actually like these and probably the only things I want from the pack. But as with every promo cosmetic, they will end up replaced a week or so later for something with more sparkles.

"Hey but that's just like your opinion man!"

I know some hardcore Diablo fans will love these but it seems like a lot of people whom just want to play the game are snatching these up just "because". Reselling the Collector's Edition to make a few extra bucks is another story and who knows how flooded the market will be once everyone has the product on hand (the time it takes to list, sell and ship the game you could be playing D3! :hot:).

In the end, just ask yourself if the extras in the collector's edition are worth the additional $40.

Now if it had included a 6" Diablo resin figure that would be a completely different story :shock:
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#132 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

The only thing I can add is if someone is going to buy and play it day one, I would get the CE since you are paying full price for the game anyway. I don't have time to play it and I'm pretty sure the auction house will be flooded early, so I am probably going to hold out for a while and hope it goes on sale or that the CE hit clearance.

Plus everyone is a power leveler now and all they do is run through the levels. :razz: They never should have made that 'run' key. I must be the only person who completely covers every square inch of every level, making sure that everything has been found/opened. Of course that is probably why I have played d2 more time than anyone and I have never played on hell difficulty. :lol:

#133 seraph011

seraph011

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

CE should be worth it so if you have a preorder in, might as well keep it. And if ever you find that you don't really care for the extra contents, I don't think they'll be a problem to resell since they're pretty collectible anyway. ^^

#134 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

The Diablo II Collector's Edition was limited and seeing how this one is sold out everywhere, it probably will be too.

Activision management also didn't have any say in the publishing side of Diablo II. Diablo III could likely be a different story. I hope anyone that is planning to pick up the D3 CE is buying it because they're interested in the extras, not because they hope to retire early after flipping it.

#135 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

The only thing I can add is if someone is going to buy and play it day one, I would get the CE since you are paying full price for the game anyway. I don't have time to play it and I'm pretty sure the auction house will be flooded early, so I am probably going to hold out for a while and hope it goes on sale or that the CE hit clearance.

Plus everyone is a power leveler now and all they do is run through the levels. :razz: They never should have made that 'run' key. I must be the only person who completely covers every square inch of every level, making sure that everything has been found/opened. Of course that is probably why I have played d2 more time than anyone and I have never played on hell difficulty. :lol:

I dunno, dude. I do the exact same thing (uncovering the map completely) and I've played through Hell with multiple characters.

#136 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I keep wavering on whether or not I want to keep this preorder.

The goodies in the CE look awesome. But the CAG in me squirms at the price. Also, I've already got a free copy of the game coming from my yearly WoW subscription.

I've also beta tested this game. Its okay for what it is...an old school, rapid mouse clicking, loot snatching dungeon crawler with a nice story attached. Don't expect to find anything new and revolutional in it.
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#137 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

waste of a hundo.

At first I thought the mechanics were inferior too, but as I kept playing, I realized they were actually more fun this way. You don't have to reroll an entirely new character when you eff up stats or skill allocation or if you want a different build.

SteamWidget.PNG

#138 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

At first I thought the mechanics were inferior too, but as I kept playing, I realized they were actually more fun this way. You don't have to reroll an entirely new character when you eff up stats or skill allocation or if you want a different build.

..that was the best part though =(
Posted Image

#139 hazzmos

hazzmos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

CE unboxing:

Looks pretty slick, and the diablo skull is a lot larger than I thought it would be.

#140 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Dammmn that art book is nice.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#141 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

After reading the changes in D3, I feel like it's not inferior but more in a way user friendly. I mean sure the game takes a lot of ideas from WoW, but I like the idea of not having to plan out a character stat by stat from the second I make him. Plus with having a heavier reliance on gear, if I wanted halfway through my playthrough of the character, switch play styles, I don't need to reroll.

I decided to just get the standard edition. While the CE is nice, it's too much for me cash wise. Plus I have no room to store that stuff :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#142 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Now if it had included a 6" Diablo resin figure that would be a completely different story :shock:

Haha, as cool as that would be, if they did include a figurine like that I'd probably NOT buy it because the price would probably get jacked up to like $150 or something.

But it would be a cool option :p
Posted Image

#143 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Haha, as cool as that would be, if they did include a figurine like that I'd probably NOT buy it because the price would probably get jacked up to like $150 or something.

But it would be a cool option :p

There's an amazing quality Tyrael Figure from E3 that can be bought on ebay. I got one and was blown away from the quality, plus I snagged it for only $25

#144 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Dammmn that art book is nice.

Yeah i'm very surprised about the CE. The Skull looks a lot better than I thought and even comes in a nice little box. Definitely happy with keeping my pre-order

#145 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ooh that CE does look good. This is my first Diablo game so I was excited to get the CE which also includes Diablo II.

#146 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

There's an amazing quality Tyrael Figure from E3 that can be bought on ebay. I got one and was blown away from the quality, plus I snagged it for only $25

Are you talking about the Sideshow Collectible Blizzcon one maybe? Tyrael with the translucent blue wings? That figure is sweet I got one myself about the same price. Have it next to my LOTR maquette's. I only wish I could afford the Overthrown Barbarian it's on Ebay for around 900 right now.

The CE looks awesome I'm excited for it, the art book looks amazing.

#147 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Are you talking about the Sideshow Collectible Blizzcon one maybe? Tyrael with the translucent blue wings? That figure is sweet I got one myself about the same price. Have it next to my LOTR maquette's. I only wish I could afford the Overthrown Barbarian it's on Ebay for around 900 right now.

The CE looks awesome I'm excited for it, the art book looks amazing.

Yeah blizzcon! Sorry I was confused for a second haha. Yeah it's amazing. I like how it appears that he's levitating. Tyrael is probably the coolest video game character IMO.

#148 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

I was 100% for the last CE I bought, The Witcher 2. I cancelled my D3 and went with the regular edition. Just wasn't feeling it. Had I gotten a 6" or so Diablo figure, I'd be converting that into something for Warhammer 40K. I'd have been all over that!
Posted Image

#149 Waterhouse

Waterhouse

game monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

If I've learned anything it's the simple rule of buying a CE only if you really like what's being offered, not on some future value. I really doubt this one appreciate in value much (impossible to be 100% on the future of course). Personally I like this CE and have had it pre ordered since March...but from time to time I waver on if I'll cancel or not (because the CAG in me whipsers "itll be at a discount later dude".)
live videogame streaming community
http://www.vidyagamez.org/

#150 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

For anyone like me that picked up D3 CE yesterday (Monday) from Buy.com, it probably got cancelled. I checked just now on their site and it states my order was cancelled. Didn't even send an e-mail notification. Never buying anything from them again.