Photo
- - - - -

(OOS) Diablo III Collectors Edition Available for Pre-Order Again - $99.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#211 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

oos at BB again we should update the thread title

#212 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

hmm most of you are getting multiple copies it seems. Is it even profitable to resell it?

#213 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

If things go like every other Blizzard CE, you'll see a bunch of copies show up on Amazon around release date as people cancel their pre-orders, and you'll also see other stores that are currently sold out start selling the CE again. Then in a few months you'll find the CE at Fry's for 30% off list.

I think they intentionally limit during the pre-order period to get people hyped on on buying it on the off chance they won't be able to pick it up later, but there will be more than enough copies out there for you to pick one up eventually...most likely below retail but at worst case just slightly above retail.

You probably won't make a profit reselling after you factor in ebay, paypal and shipping fees (which most people seem to completely ignore when calculating their "profit") unless the prices go up 50% from retail.

Of course, there are exceptions (I think to myself while looking at my unopened copy of Mass Effect 2 CE).
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#214 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

hmm most of you are getting multiple copies it seems. Is it even profitable to resell it?

I think the window for that has closed. It's become more and more apparent that these are not going to be as scarce as some thought.

#215 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just want a copy of D3 on release day. But I really want the CE. If it comes to May 15, and I still didn't get one, I might just go ahead and buy a digital copy.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#216 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

dem craigs list ads show some people want to make a quick 50-100 bucks which I suppose is possible but yeah... I think you're right on the intentional limitation.

#217 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

I want diablo 3, i'm just not sure if the extras are worth $40+ to me.

i don't care about the soundtrack, artbook, usb stick with diablo 2.

the wow dlc is worthless to me since i don't play wow so i would pretty much be paying $40 extra for aesthetic wings on my d3 characters and 2 starcraft 2 portraits? can someone tell me if the dlc for d3 is worth or does anything for my characters in d3 other than looks or is it just for bragging rights like recon armor in halo.

#218 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

the wow dlc is worthless to me since i don't play wow so i would pretty much be paying $40 extra for aesthetic wings on my d3 characters and 2 starcraft 2 portraits? can someone tell me if the dlc for d3 is worth or does anything for my characters other than looks or is it just for bragging rights like recon armor in halo.

All of the 'extra' DLC is cosmetic and has no impact on gameplay. It's simply vanity items.

So, I guess it'd be like the recon armor.

#219 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

the wow dlc is worthless to me since i don't play wow so i would pretty much be paying $40 extra for aesthetic wings on my d3 characters and 2 starcraft 2 portraits? can someone tell me if the dlc for d3 is worth or does anything for my characters in d3 other than looks or is it just for bragging rights like recon armor in halo.

Interesting as I couldn't care less about the DLC and only want the physical bonuses. To me the DLC is worth pretty much nothing but to each his own!

#220 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Why the hell would you even consider paying the extra $40 for digital wings? If you're not into the physical extras then the CE obviously isn't for you.

#221 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm about to cancel my CE order. I've thought about it and, well, the physical goodies don't justify the 40 (or even 50 if I can snag the Micro Center deal!) extra clams. I'm not THAT huge of a Diablo fan.

Giving a heads up here if anyone wants one off Amazon.

#222 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Why do I think that anyone who cancels their CE pre-order is along the lines of tossing raw meat into a pit full of hungry dogs?

#223 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm about to cancel my CE order. I've thought about it and, well, the physical goodies don't justify the 40 (or even 50 if I can snag the Micro Center deal!) extra clams. I'm not THAT huge of a Diablo fan.

Giving a heads up here if anyone wants one off Amazon.

People are running bots and crap to get these so unfortunately, warning anyone doesn't do much good. Although I'm watching my email for instock alerts from other stores :D
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee

#224 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Why the hell would you even consider paying the extra $40 for digital wings? If you're not into the physical extras then the CE obviously isn't for you.

i guess it's the ocd i have that makes me want to feel that my characters are "complete"

but you're probably right. i'll justify against buying it by telling myself.. it's like spending $40 on a shirt for your xbox live avatar.

i better refrain myself from spending real money in the real money auction house. btw, with the introduction of a real money auction house, is this going to make "gold farming" more profitable and start a new wave of gold farmers in china?

Edited by frpilot, 10 May 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#225 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Why do I think that anyone who cancels their CE pre-order is along the lines of tossing raw meat into a pit full of hungry dogs?

Yeah, I figured that :(. I thought maybe if I posted here, a fellow CAG could jump on it and and have the advantage of knowing "Hey, that guy cancelled his pre-order, maybe it'll pop back up!" I know there's absolutely no way for me to prove that one way or another of course but....eh. XD.

I didn't know people were using bots/etc. to camp the page! I guess I should have expected that. In the Warehouse Deals thread..people were nuts with the Vita camping using add-ons, etc.

Well, anyway. XD

#226 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

back at amazon cancelled my bb and walmart

#227 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

WOO. Got one.

#228 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

actually its goin in n out of stock lol

#229 Xtrminatr

Xtrminatr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Got one, kind of sucks there's no release date delivery.

#230 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Back in stock at Amazon, go go.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#231 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

WOO. Got one.

Where are you guys seeing it??

nm got one ! Thanks CAGs

#232 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Where are you guys seeing it??

amazon

#233 fuchikoma

fuchikoma

you don't need a 2mb sig

• CAGiversary!

Got one via amazon mobile app
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO-GEAR SPEC

#234 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Amazon has it now. Go! Don't see release day delivery as an option.

#235 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

The only bummer about this is that it's shipped to be received on the 15th instead of the 14th so I can't play at midnight.

=(

I might end up buying a copy at Gamestop's midnight release and then asking blizzard to transfer over the SE keys to my brother's account so he can play after I get my CE.

#236 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

OOS again...

#237 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

this ^^^

#238 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

OOS again...

Keep refreshing, its popping in and out.

#239 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

got one...yay
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#240 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

i guess it's the ocd i have that makes me want to feel that my characters are "complete"

but you're probably right. i'll justify against buying it by telling myself.. it's like spending $40 on a shirt for your xbox live avatar.

i better refrain myself from spending real money in the real money auction house. btw, with the introduction of a real money auction house, is this going to make "gold farming" more profitable and start a new wave of gold farmers in china?

Considering blizzard takes a generous chunk of your total before Paypal's fees.....I'd say no,