Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy February Nintendo Zone Coupon: Tiered discount,10%/20%/30% off ALL 3DS games

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Great deal if you are looking for some first party games (that never drop) or your store has a couple of cheaper games still (like cubic ninja) to fill in for 3 games.

Wish this worked on used games too (assuming it doesn't).

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#32 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

As much as I want to get in on this deal, I think I'll wait for a B2G1 somewhere. Maybe by then, Tales of the Abyss will be easier to come by.

Plus, I'd feel stupid presenting a coupon off of my 3DS at the cash register.

#33 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Nice find OP.

Too bad I can't think of three titles to grab. Have most of the usual suspects. Wonder if there are some $20 to grab.

#34 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

As much as I want to get in on this deal, I think I'll wait for a B2G1 somewhere. Maybe by then, Tales of the Abyss will be easier to come by.

B2G1 sales at BB are hard to come by. I think they only do 2 a year.

Presenting the coupon off the 3DS was no problem for me. When they had one for 1/2 off select games, I saved the page earlier on Nintendo Zone and the cashier just scanned the 3DS screen :)

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#35 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

B2G1 free is actually 33% off each game. This coupon is 30% off each game if u buy 3 games. I don't think waiting is worth 3% off each game, which would be $1.20 off each game
8-) Head BrokeAss

#36 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

I'll probably drop by next week and pick up RE: Revalaitons, MGS3 & MK7/Starfox/something else?
Posted Image

#37 UJam

UJam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

I would say jump on this sooner rather than later, if you're on the fence. The few Best Buys I hit up were picked clean of the major games (SMB3DL, RE:R, MK7, Starfox) I managed to get lucky and found the last RE:R and ML7 (got Pokemon Rumble Blast as a filler).

As cheapbrokegamer says: it's only 3% over B2G1, unless you're dying for MGS3D get out there.

Personally, I'll wait until a deal on the CPP for MGS. The demo felt incomplete without it.

#38 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm guessing no chance for pre-orders to work? Would be nice to get Kid Icarus in on this... As it is I think all there is that I want is Tales of the Abyss.

#39 Mr. bubble

Mr. bubble

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

Can someone confirm whether this coupon applies to MGS3D? It comes out tomorrow. I'm not buying it, but it'd be interesting to know the answer.

This coupon is only a couple dollars worse than a B2G1 deal assuming all the games you buy are $40. It's certainly better if you want to buy 4 or more games though.

#40 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Im going down right now to buy 2 RE:R and MGS3DS. I want to have a sealed RE:R and one to open. I had previously bought 2 RE:R at GameStop but I have not had the chance to open either one and will return both since this is such a better deal. Good Find OP. I will post if it worked on MGS3DS when I return tonight. Thanks! :applause:

Posted Image

#41 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

I picked up MGS3D, RE, and Star Fox today. The coupon didnt work on MGS automatically, but the cashier applied it since it specifically says "ALL 3DS GAMES". So hopefully nobody else has any problems!

#42 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

blah, I went in and bought MGS3D and PES2012, but the coupon didnt work for MGS, so I just assumed it didn't work on it, and didnt want to bother the guy since he was the only one working and he had to type in for that, my gift card, and my reward zone certificate.

#43 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

Ok so check out my trip(s) to bestbuy. I go to the closest one by me and of course they have only ONE Res Evil left in stock and it is the error one so whatever. I pick that up along with MGS and Mario Kart 7 (I already have this but under suggestion from the employee in the game section, he tells me to buy it to get the deal and just return it in a few days and do an even exchange for another Res Evil when they come back in stock). Ok so I'm told to go to customer service because that's where they will take the coupon. The lady at the counter tells me I have to print it out and I'm like there's really no way to do that so she says okay. Tries to scan it but does not work so she types it in automatically and it works. HOWEVER it changed the price from 39.99 to 31.99 (only 20% off) for Mario kart and resident evil. MGS was for some reason not coming off. So I asked to speak to a manager since the employee was getting an attitude telling me it's not going to work and the manager can't change the price. I digress and ask for the manager anyways. He comes out and reads the fine print on my 3DS. He says okay and then scans Mario kart again as a test which this time rings up as $27.99 (30% off). So he removes the extra Mario Kart and changes the price of MGS to $31.99 (only 20% off again) so I digress again and explain that it should be 30% off each game and I point out how the second Mario kart rang up $27.99 so after a minute of reluctance he changed the prices of all 3 to $27.99. I'm guessing this may be YMMV depending on your store but you should def always plead your case. It worked this time!

PS
I said trips because after I left I went down the road to our other best buy which had copies of RE in stock. So I just took my Mario kart 7 and exchanged it for the second copy of res evil. The girl tried to charge me the difference at first (around $14, the difference between the two $39.99-->$27.99) but I informed her of the deal and it was an even exchange. Quick side note, the res evil that I received at this store had the correct spelling on the side. That was pretty quick for capcom to correct that little mistake. Lesson here? Never give up!

Posted Image

#44 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

is it possible to put this towards a game that you would have to order in store?

yes this is about Tales of the Abyss :-P

#45 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

is it possible to put this towards a game that you would have to order in store?

yes this is about Tales of the Abyss :-P

YMMV, but I did an instore pickup once in a store. This was for a DIFFERENT Best Buy-- the associate placed the order, then took my coupon and applied it to my order. So when I picked it up, it was the correct price.

This seems like the same exact thing. I'm tempting to try and do three copies of Tales.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#46 exceed19

exceed19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wonder what happens if I buy 3 games, and next week take one back... I would assume I still get 30% off the lot of games, and they would just refund the amount paid for the 3rd game.

Only reason I ask, is for some reason - I buy a few games at a time, and usually end up returning one when I read a bunch of reviews, then make a "final" decision, and open the ones I want.

#47 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi, I created another thread (which I lock) to see if I could get a screen shot of the coupon code but the OP has already put one up (Thank you).

My store says their Nintendo Zone is broken but would honor the coupon if I could find a copy to bring in.

I want two MGS 3D and a RE revelations. Obviously the MGS isn't working. Do you know the best way to get them to honor the 30% discount?

Is their a forum for this on the best buy website? I wonder if the gaming reps will be helpful.

#48 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Anyone know if this is working on MGS 3D yet?

#49 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Did anyone ever give this a shot with used games?

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#50 Mr. bubble

Mr. bubble

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the last day for this deal.

#51 jondy1703

jondy1703

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Probably gonna go today with a friend to pick up a few games. I wonder why there's a total lack of Super Mario 3D Land at all of my local BB's. I would've picked up Mario and RE:R but I guess I'll be getting OoT instead.