Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/19/12 to 2/25/12) Buy 2 Vita Games, Get 1 Free & More

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#61 cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant

King of CF Vanguard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

i saw slips to preorder a vita at TRU a few weeks ago. was thinking about getting one there since i have a lot of TRU credit due to google offers fiasco a couple of months ago (i have like $400 total, sucks i can find any amazon gift cards).

#62 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

is it too late to preorder it at the store and get the 20 dollars giftcard?

Pretty much yes. On the back of the card it said that the final day for selling them was yesterday.

#63 tigerin

tigerin

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Pretty much yes. On the back of the card it said that the final day for selling them was yesterday.

damn, that sux. i guess the deal is still going online tho.

#64 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

Yeah tru will preorder specific titles they get on their cards at the register in electronics. You can only put $5 down on games and on the Vita it's $20 down. Preorders do not count towards any sales.

Oh and I can confirm this sale. Also either the next week or the week after I believe the vita games will be buy 1 get 1 50%. Can't remember the exact date I saw but that sale is coming soon.

#65 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Any chance this will be a stacking deal? Like buying $100 in one transaction will yield a $40 giftcard? I don't usually participate in these deals at TRU so not sure how they typically work, but I might get in on this one.

#66 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

Aw man, I was going to go pre-order the Vita at Target tomorrow too. I guess its either $20 (online) or 4GB memcard (stores). Now I have to think twice about it again.

#67 wolverinevseveryone

wolverinevseveryone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

If enough people write emails to Amazon stating Target has the sale, then most likely they'll match it. You gotta get their attention a little =) I personally don't like going to Target when then have B2G1 sales because most of the time the shelfs are bare. Heres the link: http://www.amazon.co...318298361&q=o2r

Edited by wolverinevseveryone, 17 February 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#68 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I swear to you that most targets will only be carrying Dungeon Hunter Alliance for vita on the 19th

#69 Denogginizer

Denogginizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

According to the store manager I spoke to this morning, Target will not be offering all games at launch, they will not have 32GB cards, and the preorder window has closed. He said Sony has asked them to promote digital sales. He would not confirm they are having a B2G1 offer on Sunday, but as of now, he has his launch items in the back and that inventory does not include several games such as Rayman and a few others. Basically, if you are expecting a full selection of games at your Target, there is a good chance some of the games you want will be missing.

Grain of salt, but this Target did not have all games at launch for 3DS nor the Wii.

#70 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

too bad it wasnt buy 40 get 20 (half off) might made me buy a system day one ...with games 30 each your going to have to spend 60 to get 20

so its just knockin 30 buck games to 20.... no big deal to me since many of them will fall to 20 within a few months if that ....

take the under...right now most $60 PS3/X360 games drop 30% - 50% w/i a month don't think Vita games will be the ones to buck the trend.

#71 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Seeing as Target's doesnt appear to be stocking Touch My Katamari instore, might use the deal to get that and a nice 20$ case or something (Need one that will fit in my pocket <_<), then use the GC on a PSN Card
Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

hmm purchase Uncharted: GA and get a $20 GC, works for me
Posted Image

#73 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

It seems its dependent on which Target you go to. Like, yeah the pre-order offer is over. However, my brother works at Target and he went today and managed to still pre-order a Vita for me and told me I will also be getting a $20 gift card. However, he wasn't sure if the free 4GB memcard applies to me. His Target also put out Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors, and Dungeon Hunter out today, and he saw Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom (mostly out on the 22nd) in the backroom. This is the Target at Aurora, CO by the way.

#74 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

hmm purchase Uncharted: GA and get a $20 GC, works for me

U need a filler for the extra 1 cent.

#75 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Target in Greensboro, NC had ModNation, Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, UMvC3, Ninja Gaiden SP, and Hot Shot's Golf out.

#76 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

It seems its dependent on which Target you go to. Like, yeah the pre-order offer is over. However, my brother works at Target and he went today and managed to still pre-order a Vita for me and told me I will also be getting a $20 gift card. However, he wasn't sure if the free 4GB memcard applies to me. His Target also put out Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors, and Dungeon Hunter out today, and he saw Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom (mostly out on the 22nd) in the backroom. This is the Target at Aurora, CO by the way.

Dammit, I wanted to just go on Tuesday and see if they have any Vita for me to buy. If they aren't offering the 4 GB if someone just randomly buys the Vita on that day or the week, I might want to check other places for a decent deal or Best Buy.

#77 actripxl

actripxl

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

I work at Target and we (Chicago, Brickyard) will be giving the giftcard and the memory card if you bought the preorder, I will be picking one up because of the $20 GC. Everyone will get the memory card (4GB) with purchase and the signs for the B2G1 are dated to begin on the 21st, I specifically looked at the date to make sure.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#78 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Well, it seems like the 4GB is offered to people that buys the Vita. I'm just not sure if its for everybody that buys the vita or just for the people that didn't pre-order. Guess we have to wait and see the actual paper ad.

EDIT - Looks like atripxl answered that question.

#79 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

I work at Target and we (Chicago, Brickyard) will be giving the giftcard and the memory card if you bought the preorder, I will be picking one up because of the $20 GC. Everyone will get the memory card (4GB) with purchase and the signs for the B2G1 are dated to begin on the 21st, I specifically looked at the date to make sure.

Thanks for the information, I will keep that in mind if I can convince my family not to kill me when I buy a Vita. May not apply at my area, but at least it gives a bit of hope.

#80 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Just did my preorder today so some Targets still have the cards out.

#81 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

so if I buy a 32GB memory card would I get $40 in gift cards?

if so I guess I'm buying a second memory stick sooner than I originally planned...

#82 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just wanna ask: is it possible to PM "the free memory card deal when you purchase a Vita" at Best Buy? I already had my unit pre-ordered at BB a few months ago, hence I'm just wondering.

#83 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

so if I buy a 32GB memory card would I get $40 in gift cards?

if so I guess I'm buying a second memory stick sooner than I originally planned...

It doesn't stack . You'd get $20.

#84 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

It doesn't stack . You'd get $20.

too bad, I'll wait then

#85 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

I doubt it. Stores usually price match prices, not deals.

#86 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

I took the $20 Target GC pre order offer card to Best Buy and got approval in writing that they would match it. I have $290 in reward certificates so I plan on wailking out with minimal cash out of pocket. I already ordered a 32GB card and paid for all but $5 with Best Buy reward certificates.

So yes, they will match it, YMMV.

#87 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Very YMMV.

Buy It Now with Confidence

Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period. Perfect Match Promise products have an extended 60-day price match period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Source

But then again, doesn't hurt to try.

#88 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

Will give it a shot then. After all -- BB doesn't have a strong Vita deal unlike Target or TRU.

#89 Denogginizer

Denogginizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

Toys R Us may not be selling 32GB cards in stores. FYI

#90 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Toys R Us may not be selling 32GB cards in stores. FYI

I know at the store closest to me, it looks like they are only going to be carrying the 4gb and 8gb.