Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/19/12 to 2/25/12) Buy 2 Vita Games, Get 1 Free & More

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#121 RedK

RedK

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

I can confirm the part about the vita releasing on wed. I work at target and Yes the "first edition" bundle vita is out but we dont carry it in the store only online. We will carry the other 2 models but not that one. I have the day off so that is kinda weird though about the games issue. Its gonna be a a interesting morning wed since im the opener :/.

#122 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Toys R Us has Rayman Origins in store if anyone is looking.

#123 JoeyLYCAN

JoeyLYCAN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

I can confirm the part about the vita releasing on wed. I work at target and Yes the "first edition" bundle vita is out but we dont carry it in the store only online. We will carry the other 2 models but not that one. I have the day off so that is kinda weird though about the games issue. Its gonna be a a interesting morning wed since im the opener :/.

we're talking about games that were released on the 14th unless I missed somehting? The Target Ad Doesn't state anywhere about the B2G1 beginning Wed, it just appears in the Ad as in running for the whole week. Yet I argued with 3 different managers on the phone about it. I took my business to Best Buy for the price match, and picked up Uncharted and a Screen Protector at Toys R Us for the $20 Gift Card :)
Nothing against you since you don't run Target, Target just need to be !CLEAR! about their Ads is all and honor them if it's not stated as a wed-onward deal.

#124 badlieut

badlieut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Tried to preorder the Vita w/ the $20 gift card today but it said do no sell after 2/15 when he rang it up. Oh well.

#125 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I can also confirm the GC Promo won't stack. Tried to buy 3 games and the register prompted only a $20 GC.

#126 RedK

RedK

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

yea when new games/systems come out we are supposed to get rid of the pre-orders 1 week before launch.

#127 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I preordered one at the Target I work at. I was going to use the free gift card on a memory card but now I don't have to (unless we run out by the time I get to work since I close). I'll certainly jump on the B2G1 deal as well.

#128 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

yea when new games/systems come out we are supposed to get rid of the pre-orders 1 week before launch.

Yep, and if somebody somehow is able to buy one afterwards and the system doesn't reject it (like it should), then that person may not be guaranteed a Vita held for them since that sell won't be included in the official preorder report due to it being sold outside of the promotion period.

Last week my Target store only had four units and it kind of freaked me out. I'm sure we'll get more based on our preorder numbers, but I really hope so!

#129 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I "pre-ordered" my Vita on Feb 17th, does that mean I the system won't sell me a Vita with a $20 gift card? My brother was working that day and noticed they were still out. It seems nobody in the electronics departments know if it will still check out, so they tried and worked. Maybe I should ask before I start ordering accessories for the Vita on Amazon.

#130 chilemex22

chilemex22

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

It is in-store only :(

#131 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I "pre-ordered" my Vita on Feb 17th, does that mean I the system won't sell me a Vita with a $20 gift card? My brother was working that day and noticed they were still out. It seems nobody in the electronics departments know if it will still check out, so they tried and worked. Maybe I should ask before I start ordering accessories for the Vita on Amazon.

I'm not saying you won't have one held but there is a big possibility that once the promo stopped on the 14th and the cards should have been pulled (and flagged in the system not to sell them), Target uses the numbers on the 14th to finalize preorders and order the product they need. That is typically how it works, so no you are not guaranteed a Vita held but you can still get the $20 gift card if you purchase one.

Corporate may have a couple of days leeway in case cards do sell after the promo date but I'm not sure if they do or not. I do know that we typically do not get our preorder numbers until three or four days before launch so you may be safe, I'm just warning you though in case Target's preorder numbers stop directly after the promo date.

#132 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Picked up Uncharted and the protective film with no problems today. Have to wait 6 hours to use the gift card. Going to buy a PSN card with the gift card later in the week.

PSN: BrandonHeat321

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4382-1998-1179

Steam: BrandonHeat321

#133 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

^ So if you preorder now you would get the $10 SYWR credit for spending $50 as well as a $20 digital gaming coupon for preordering ME3?

That is what I'm assuming. I went ahead and pre-ordered ghost recon since I already pre-ordered ME3 at best buy. Heres to hoping I get $30 in total credits for the game. :D

#134 SpeedNut

SpeedNut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Picked up Uncharted and the protective film with no problems today. Have to wait 6 hours to use the gift card. Going to buy a PSN card with the gift card later in the week.

So is the total after tax then? Unless my math is all fubar $39.99 + $9.99 = $49.98.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#135 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

I believe it has to be $50 before tax. The protective film was priced at $11.99 which benefited me for this sale and made the total 51.98 before tax.

PSN: BrandonHeat321

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4382-1998-1179

Steam: BrandonHeat321

#136 ZeTeny

ZeTeny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

I see. My brother will most likely pick my Vita up when Target opens since he is working backroom that day in the morning. Hopefully Target will have an extra WiFi Vita for him to pick up and don't screw somebody over that actually did pre-order one. Though, I assume Target will have one or two extra for people that didn't pre-order, or why else advertise them in ads right?

Thanks for the info.

#137 thePhildown

thePhildown

Oh, you didn't know?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Now Kmart carries UmVC3 in some form... after my local KMart started closing.

Chehalis is still open! lol.

#138 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

How do you get the Vita game deal to work online? It won't go for me.

#139 riceateme

riceateme

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

damn i went to the Porter Ranch, CA Toys R Us and the guy at the counter said I'd have to come back Wednesday to get Vita stuff. :( Lame. They had nothing on display.

#140 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

My TRU had the games out, but no accessories. Ended up with Uncharted and Marvel vs. Capcom.

It actually worked out, though, since I went to Wal-Mart afterwards and picked up the Hori hard case.

Now to just wait until Wednesday.

#141 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

My TRU had the games out, but no accessories. Ended up with Uncharted and Marvel vs. Capcom.

It actually worked out, though, since I went to Wal-Mart afterwards and picked up the Hori hard case.

Now to just wait until Wednesday.

Did WalMart carry the Hori screen orotectors by any chance? Also whoever just went to porter ranch toys r us, you just saved me time today.

#142 Pumapride

Pumapride

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Just got back from Toys R Us. Unfortunately the only game they had for sale was FIFA. (Same thing at Target oddly enough)

#143 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

So does this deal apply to online purchases too? Or is it in-store only? Want to get a 16GB or 32GB memory card, but several people have said they don't have them in-store.

#144 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

My Tru only had the 4 and 8 gig cards, and all other accessories. They only had 4 games like Rayman, they didn't have Uncharted. This in Milwaukee.

#145 supergrass

supergrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

I went out to my Toys R Us and picked up Uncharted and Lumines. The $40 price for Uncharted, combined with the $20 gift card, made it worthwhile. They had maybe six or seven games, though I noticed the Asphalt: Injection game was marked at $40, which is $10 more than its list price. Uncharted was marked at $50, but seeing as it's a sale that made a bit more sense.

#146 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

I see. My brother will most likely pick my Vita up when Target opens since he is working backroom that day in the morning. Hopefully Target will have an extra WiFi Vita for him to pick up and don't screw somebody over that actually did pre-order one. Though, I assume Target will have one or two extra for people that didn't pre-order, or why else advertise them in ads right?

Thanks for the info.

Oh yeah, Target should definitely have units out to sell for non-preorders, or why else would they be having such an awesome deal this week for it? Clearly Target wants to be the go-to place to purchase a Vita. It is possible you could screw somebody else out of their preorder if you get there earlier too because we never check names or anything, we only go by preorder numbers.

But then again, you could always have a unit held for you all along. I just know there is uncertainty on when corporate creates their preorder numbers for each store, directly after the promo date or awhile after. Who knows. I just wanted people to be aware that it is possible to not have one held if you purchased the card when you weren't suppose to; however, it is your Target's fault for not pulling the cards when they should have.

#147 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy offers a 40% bonus trade-in credit with the purchase of any PS Vita game. Trade in a select portable gaming device, get a Vita for as low as $149.99

Posted Image GameStop drops Rayman Origins to $19.99. Not pictured in the ad, but GameStop is holding a a buy 2, get 1 free sale on select PS Vita games.

Posted Image Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all PS Vita games, though some are reporting that stores won't start this sale until Wednesday. Buy a PS Vita system, get a free 4GB memory card. 1 year of Xbox Live is discounted to $39.99

Posted Image Toys R Us includes a $20 gift card with the purchase of $50 in PS Vita games or accessories. Buy 1 $19.99 or less game, get 1 40% off.

Posted Image Amazon also is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on PS Vita games.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:wii: FREE Just Dance Summer Party with purchase of a Wii Console OR Just Dance 3 ($29.99 value)

:psp: Get 40% Bonus Trade-In Credit when you Purchase ANY* Playstation Vita game

*Assuming that 'any' Vita game is for a retail copy and not a digital download of the game. Though I think that is something that is debatable and personally IMO should be fine.

:psp: Get a Playstation Vita for as low as $149.99* When you Trade in a Select Portable Gaming Device.

*Discount determined by Trade-In value of the Handheld. It does list that the 3DS has a maximum trade-in value of $100. Not too sure if the trade-in value being bumped up for only the 3DS or for all handhelds. This is yet to be determined.

Current Trade-in Values of Handhelds (as of 2/14)

• Nintendo 3DS $68
  • Nintendo DSi XL $54
  • Nintendo DSi $45
  • Nintendo DS Lite - No Trade-in Value
  • Nintendo DS - No Trade-in Value
  • Sony PSP $32
  • Sony PSP Go $63

Game
Stop
(Ad)
Valid until 2/21

:360::ps3::wii: Rayman Origins $19.99
:360::ps3: LA Noire $19.99
:360::ps3: KoF XIII $39.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Fightstick + Mortal Kombat $99.99
:360: Your Shape $29.99
:360: Power Up Heroes $29.99
:360: Microsoft Speed Wheel $49.99
:360: Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Bundle $349.99
:pc: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm $29.99
:pc: Starcraft 2 $39.99
Posted Image Extra $40 credit on Xbox 360 or PS3 console trade-ins; extra $20 credit on Wii trade-ins

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Xbox 360 250GB + UFC 3 $299.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Gamer SDP - See post here
:psp: Buy two, get one free on all PS VITA games
Most games are $39.99 with a few listed at $49.99. I know there's a thread/post here, but I'm noting all the crap deals!

:psp: Free 4GB memory card(a $19.99 value) with purchase of the PS Vita
These mem cards appear to be proprietary and not PSP compatible as the pic shows "PSVITA" under the Sony label.

Posted Image Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter pack (all systems except PC) $49.99

:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership $39.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, bg2001 - See post here

:psp: Buy $50 in Vita Games/Accessories get $20 gift card
Posted Image Buy 1 $19.99 or less game, get 1 40% off

Edited by CheapyD, 21 February 2012 - 12:16 AM.

#148 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

I preordered at Target but it doesn't say wifi or 3g. Can I pick eigther?

#149 lorddct

lorddct

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

Target on Winchester blvd, CA had most the PS Vita games. I don't think it had Blazblue but had little deviants, hsg, uncharted, raymen, fifa, luminese, and some more. I think at least 7 titles or more. But almost zero accessories. Very low stock on each though. But I can also remember incorrectly but they did have a ton of games. I went with Uncharted and HSG will probably go back wednesday and see if they have any PS Vita accessories to use with the gc.

#150 Danzego

Danzego

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:19 AM

I stopped by the Clackamas, OR store around noon today to pick up Rayman and screen protectors, but they had NOTHING out. The guy went into the back and looked, but said there was nothing Vita related back there, either.

A shame, too, since it's a heck of a drive for me out there in the first place (I happened to be out that way today) and there's no way I'm going to go after work, in rush hour traffic, wasting the time and gas involved, on Wednesday.

*Darth Vader voice* Toys R Us, you have failed me. It's nice to make great deals and all, but if you can't even get stock to every store on the day an ad begins, well.....that just makes me think you're trying to compete with KMart for trainwreck game retailer of the year award.

I ended up picking up my existing preorder at Gamestop instead.