Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/19/12 to 2/25/12) Buy 2 Vita Games, Get 1 Free & More

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#151 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Target on Winchester blvd, CA had most the PS Vita games. I don't think it had Blazblue but had little deviants, hsg, uncharted, raymen, fifa, luminese, and some more. I think at least 7 titles or more. But almost zero accessories. Very low stock on each though. But I can also remember incorrectly but they did have a ton of games. I went with Uncharted and HSG will probably go back wednesday and see if they have any PS Vita accessories to use with the gc.

Are you 100% sure you saw Rayman at a Target? Can you give the zip for the store? It's been widely assumed Target wouldn't be carrying Rayman.

#152 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

I picked up Uncharted and some overpriced screen protectors from TRU to take advantage of the $20 GC. This was followed by a trip to BB and they honored the B2G1 free that Target is running, I walked out with Ultimate MvsC 3, Lumines, & Fifa. I'm still unsure about Fifa, might switch it out for a different game in a few days.

Quite a day for me, started out with the Mortal Kombat Klassic TE stick from PDP being accommodated with a trip to Kmart and walked out with a Rockband 3 Keyboard Bundle for $27.

#153 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Are you 100% sure you saw Rayman at a Target? Can you give the zip for the store? It's been widely assumed Target wouldn't be carrying Rayman.

I think he meant to type TRU as his post was originally in that topic.

#154 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

Heads up some closing kmarts received vita games and 4 & 8gb cards.

The 25 to 30 percent applies

#155 Decepticreep

Decepticreep

Rule of Acquis. 16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Bought Little Deviants and Touch My Katamari today. They didn't realize that Katamari wasn't supposed to out until Tuesday, but they sold it to me anyways.

#156 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Since Best Buy has been honoring the B2G1 deal for Vita games from Target -- there's a good chance they'll honor the free 4gb memory card deal when purchasing the Wifi model, right? Reason I asked is because I already had mine pre-ordered at BB.

What would I say tho properly in order for them to honor the deal?

#157 riceateme

riceateme

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Wow wtf. So i went to another tru and bought a screen protector and uncharted. I came home and glad I opened up both. I ended up with no screen protectors inside the package. I feel kinda jipped. Think TRU will exchange it or even let me return it even though I practically bought it with nothing in it?

#158 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

can u trade-in system at target and is that the trade-in price for psp system @Bestbuy

Edited by starmask2k3, 20 February 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#159 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

TRU question: I picked up Uncharted and Marvel yesterday. Both were $40, so I got the $20 gift card. Now, I only picked up Marvel because, at the time, Hot Shots Golf was $10 less on Amazon. An hour or two later, Amazon bumped HSG back up to $40, so I missed the window.

I realize the giftcard promo takes a hit out of the RETURN value, but would I be able to go and straight up exchange Marvel for HSG at TRU? A $40 game for a $40 game, but I don't know if there's an issue because of the giftcard. Thanks!

#160 thabizzle

thabizzle

I'll have...the chicken!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Damn, tryna decide which Vita deal to jump on: Target or TRU...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#161 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

TRU question: I picked up Uncharted and Marvel yesterday. Both were $40, so I got the $20 gift card. Now, I only picked up Marvel because, at the time, Hot Shots Golf was $10 less on Amazon. An hour or two later, Amazon bumped HSG back up to $40, so I missed the window.

I realize the giftcard promo takes a hit out of the RETURN value, but would I be able to go and straight up exchange Marvel for HSG at TRU? A $40 game for a $40 game, but I don't know if there's an issue because of the giftcard. Thanks!

If you look at your receipt, you will see the refund value of the games. You can't return the $20 gift card, so they take the $20 from the refund value.

PSN: BrandonHeat321

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4382-1998-1179

Steam: BrandonHeat321

#162 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just picked up UMvC and Sony screen protectors from TRU to get $20 gift card. The screen protectors were the only accessories they had. Now to decide if I want to keep that game or exchange it for a different one.

#163 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Do PSN cards count toward the $ 50 at TRU?

#164 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Nothing at Toys R Us in Brevard... was told the Vita merch. does not hit the floor until Wednesday.

#165 AquaPimp82

AquaPimp82

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I struck out twice today. My local BB wouldn't match the Target B2G1 deal and TRU wouldn't sell me any accessories until Wednesday even though they had the games for sale already.

#166 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Short answer is no.

You need to return both games, then repurchase Uncharted with Hot Shots. Use the $20 gift card you got from the first purchase to cover the difference on the exchange. You will get a new $20 gift card from the 2nd purchase.

#167 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Nothing at Toys R Us in Brevard... was told the Vita merch. does not hit the floor until Wednesday.

I just got back from TRU, was told the same thing, but I got the lady to go in the back and get them anyways. They didn't have Lumines, but I got MvC and Uncharted, plus some toys for my kids.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#168 gomgomboy

gomgomboy

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

ps vita reg version $ 250 with $20 gc
ps vita 16gb memory $ 60 with $ 20 gc
uncharted is on sale though for $ 40 so with 2 cards = $ 0 so total if buy 1 at the time is $ 310 plus tax
does toys r us do the 3g bundle too? that would be nice

#169 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Short answer is no.

You need to return both games, then repurchase Uncharted with Hot Shots. Use the $20 gift card you got from the first purchase to cover the difference on the exchange. You will get a new $20 gift card from the 2nd purchase.

YMMV. I have never had a problem switching a game for another. I asked the manager today if I decide I want a different game can I swap it out or will there be a problem b/c of the gift card. He said as long as its not opened then they will exchange it. I bought UMvC and I was not sure if I wanted that or a different game.

#170 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Uncharted for 40 bucks at TRU, it's marked 50 but rings up 40 then got an 8gb card for 30. My TRU didn't have Lumines :(

#171 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

Got uncharted at TRU for $40. Was going to get Katamari with it as well for $30, but it's SD'd for tomorrow morning. One of the managers OK'd me coming in tomorrow morning with an opened copy of Uncharted, returning and rebuying it with Katamari to get the gift card.

On a related note, I couldn't think of a better game to get other than Katamari. The fact that it's: A, mostly a rehash (And I played through all of Katamari Forever) and B, doesn't have a platinum kind of puts me off, but I really didn't know what else to get. Ridge Racer and Lumines have been my launch titles to get for a system after the PSP released and I'm still on the fence over Lumines.
Posted Image

#172 Amonthar

Amonthar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

UC is $39.99 at target.com as of right now.

#173 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

UC is $39.99 at target.com as of right now.

How's this work in-store, if at all?

#174 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

I just got back from TRU, was told the same thing, but I got the lady to go in the back and get them anyways. They didn't have Lumines, but I got MvC and Uncharted, plus some toys for my kids.

My TRU had all the PSV games and merchandise out today. I will probably swing back tm after checking more reviews on the launch titles. I don't believe they will sell out soon.

Monthly Lowball Sale is over for now.  Crazy deals await you next month so tune back, then. 

animePSP2.jpg

#175 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

Target had games and some merch out on the sales floor today...however many games like Rayman Origins were not present yet.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#176 gomgomboy

gomgomboy

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

hey guys i did a lil comparison for pricing between target and toys r us to help people make decisions

target

ps vita $ 250 ( wifi with free 4gb )
2 games $ 80 with 1 free so its about $330 plus tax then u can turn around and sell the extra says $ 20
total cost should be around $ 310 plus tax for 1 system 1 4gb card and 2 games

toys r us
ps vita $ 250 ( with $20 gc )
8gb plus one game - says uncharted $ 70 ( with $ 20 gc )
or 4gb plus one game - also uncharted $ 55 ( with $ 20 gc )

now u can use those $ 40 gc for 1 more game ( assuming u want another game )
final value is $ 320plus tax with 2 games and 8gb memory
or $ 305 with 2 games and 4gb memory but u can also use the extra $ 15 for another 4gb ( this is more complicated but anyways... )

for me toys r us seems like a better deal since i don't even want anything but uncharted so i might use the gc for metal gear solic 3D

anyone else did some calculation too? i probably wont get the 3g bundle as i have portable wifi already , have fun with the vita!

#177 Hyperlancer

Hyperlancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

For the TRU GC, does it activate right away allowing you to use it for a second transaction? I want to buy Uncharted and an accessory and use the GC for a PSN card to get Super Stardust.

#178 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

For the TRU GC, does it activate right away allowing you to use it for a second transaction? I want to buy Uncharted and an accessory and use the GC for a PSN card to get Super Stardust.

Someone mentioned that it takes 6 hours to activate. I didn't participate in the promo though, so I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy, but it does make sense since most GC promos can't be used immediately after checkout.

#179 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Someone mentioned that it takes 6 hours to activate. I didn't participate in the promo though, so I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy, but it does make sense since most GC promos can't be used immediately after checkout.

Yes, it takes 6 hours.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#180 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

After checking the stores, BBY definitely had their act together the most. All games and systems were readily available at my local store and they matched the Target 4gb memory deal for me no problem. After reward zone certs and gcs I walked out of their with a Vita +4gb card for $56 after tax. Target was decent but they had a smaller amount of games available, although I ran into an official sony rep who was checking out how things were going so that was cool. He said Rayman was far and away the best seller so far. TRU was by far the worst of every store I went to. They had 3 games out and no systems out and the guy was trying to tell me that the psp memory cards worked fine in the Vita....