Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already bought 4 games from Amazon last week. Could I reorder 2 games and return my old games? Would i have to pay for shipping back? Never returned an item before.

OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU!

I was hoping they would, thankfully didn't open my Uncharted 3 yet from Gamestop!

Uncharted, Rayman, and Wipeout for me!

I'd recommend Hot Shot's, Lumines and Rayman. Hot shots is probably my favorite, Lumines is a classic that should never get old, and Rayman is probably the best game on the Vita if you overlook that fact its more expensive than the console versions.

[quote name='Wario64']I already bought 4 games from Amazon last week. Could I reorder 2 games and return my old games? Would i have to pay for shipping back? Never returned an item before.[/QUOTE]
You probably will have to pay return shipping. I would contact customer service and tell amazon what you would like them to do first - sometimes they'll help out in situations like this.

Thanks OP.

Skipped Uncharted, don't know why it has a $10 premium.

[quote name='Wario64']I already bought 4 games from Amazon last week. Could I reorder 2 games and return my old games? Would i have to pay for shipping back? Never returned an item before.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can just reorder the games as part of this deal, and then when you get them, send them back as returns on the previous order.

You will just have to pay for return shipping as per Amazon Policy. They only pay for return shipping when something is damaged in transit or they send the wrong item, etc. Basically they only pay return shipping when it's their fault.

[quote name='shadowrage']

Skipped Uncharted, don't know why it has a $10 premium.[/QUOTE]

I have it and definitely dont think it is worth a premium, at all. The Uncharted experience is much better left to the PS3. It basically is just a crappier version of the real thing. It's not a horrible game, but the console version is vastly superior. Unlike Rayman, which loses nothing on the Vita except multiplayer (I actually like it better as a portable game).

Blargh. Already ordered Uncharted (Pre-ordered back when it was $39.99 through Amazon) and ordered Hot Shots Golf on Friday.... still would like to take advantage of this, but what would be worth it? I was thinking Lumines + Rayman (Is Rayman really as good as people are saying?) but for the 3rd choice it's really... Wipeout (Which I keep hearing is great, but I have never been much for racing besides Mario kart) Army Corps of Hell or Dungeon Hunter (yes, yes. I know. But I love games like Baulders Gate/Everquest: Champions of Norrath, etc.) - which would you guys say is worth getting for the 3rd game?

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']will best buy price match this?[/QUOTE]

They won't match it because Amazon did it, but some have reported success in taking the Target ad to Best Buy and having then match that since that's the origin of all this.

A bit OT, but relevant for me participating in this deal:

I was amped up to get a Vita. I was not at all for the 3DS, but I bought it on release. Now, I find myself not wanting a Vita at all. At this time, I don't see any games I really want. I think the 3DS launch line-up was pretty barren too. I think I'm going to wait and not get burned by early adopter's remorse. Any feedback?

[quote name='BlurredReality'] still would like to take advantage of this, but what would be worth it? I was thinking Lumines + Rayman (Is Rayman really as good as people are saying?) but for the 3rd choice it's really... Wipeout (Which I keep hearing is great, but I have never been much for racing besides Mario kart) Army Corps of Hell or Dungeon Hunter (yes, yes. I know. But I love games like Baulders Gate/Everquest: Champions of Norrath, etc.) - which would you guys say is worth getting for the 3rd game?[/QUOTE]

Id go with Rayman, Lumines and Wipeout. I don't think wipeout is spectacular, but Dungeon hunter should be a 5 dollar downloadable game and Army Corp has gotten pretty bad reviews. Wipeout is kind of like mario kart. I don't like racing games besided mario and I enjoy wipeout.

Or, you could wait and see if they add Ninja Gaiden when it comes out in a couple days. That might fit your tastes better than a racer. THe fighters are also supposed to be pretty good, but since you didnt mention them I am assuming your not all that into the genre.

Thanks OP and thanks Amazon :applause:
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

Thanks, I was hoping Amazon would match the deal to save me to the trip to target on Wednesday. I already have Uncharted sitting here waiting for my Wifi Vita to arrive. Picked up Rayman Origins and Lumines with free 2 day shipping through prime and Army Corps of Hell with free release day shipping so all of them will be here on Wednesday when the Vita itself also comes from Amazon.

[quote name='caltab']Id go with Rayman, Lumines and Wipeout. I don't think wipeout is spectacular, but Dungeon hunter should be a 5 dollar downloadable game and Army Corp has gotten pretty bad reviews. Wipeout is kind of like mario kart. I don't like racing games besided mario and I enjoy wipeout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd say the same thing. Only reason I didn't get Wipeout with my FEB was the reports of long loading times ... the most recent patch cut those load times by 30%. And the announcement that the upcoming DLC tracks will be free for those who already have the PSN PS3 Wipeout games is just gravy.

Already have Lumines and Uncharted, but been playing the Rayman demo and it's so close to the PS3 version I've been itching for a reason to buy it.

Was tempted by Army Corps but will wait until that's a bargain title. Figure it won't take long. Dungeon Hunter is just an iOS port, I'd steer clear of it.

[quote name='caltab']Id go with Rayman, Lumines and Wipeout. I don't think wipeout is spectacular, but Dungeon hunter should be a 5 dollar downloadable game and Army Corp has gotten pretty bad reviews. Wipeout is kind of like mario kart. I don't like racing games besided mario and I enjoy wipeout.

Or, you could wait and see if they add Ninja Gaiden when it comes out in a couple days. That might fit your tastes better than a racer. THe fighters are also supposed to be pretty good, but since you didnt mention them I am assuming your not all that into the genre.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... yea I might see if they add Ninja Gaiden since that is a game I would like. The thing with fighters is.... as much as I can enjoy them, I'm just not very good at them, and despite being able to memorize completely useless data all the time, for the life of me I cannot remember combos besides the most basic ones on Fighting games. So I usually play, beat it with one or two characters... and just go "meh" and then sell it. Dungeon hunter I think your right on and I'll wait awhile for the price to drop to less than $20.

No Katamari on their either, which is no biggy since I Have it preordered elsewhere.

Going to get Army Corps, Lumines, and either Rayman or Blazblue I think. If Amazon were to further match Uncharted to TRU, that would be amazing!

Going to stick with double dip on TRU to get Gaiden. It even works out cheaper with tax given the uncharted discount and the fact I'm going to buy a card and case.

[quote name='bobphone']Where is Ninja Gaiden? Dynasty Warriors? Shinobido? No thanks. I'll stick with a BB PM.[/QUOTE]

none of them are listed as released yet on Amazon, maybe they will add them when they come out. Katamari is also not out yet and not listed. I think every other game is included in the sale.

Going to wait till the 22nd and see if they add Dynasty Warriors and some of the other stuff that comes out on the 22nd.. Ideal would be Uncharted,Lum and Dynasty Warriors for me.

Sweet! I picked up Rayman, Lumines, and UMvC3 for less than $80. Started my Amazon Prime free trial, so I will have it by launch day! Thanks OP!

Man this is SUPER tempting. I don't know if I can justify paying so much for these games though. $80 for 3 games seems like an awful lot. I would like to get Wipeout, Lumines, ModNation and UMvC3 but I really don't think any of them, save for UMvC3, are worth anywhere near that much money but then again I really would like some starter games. Do I order 3 anyway? Decisions...

i already purchased uncharted and amazon does not want to give me the free game if i order the other game, they told me i have to return the one i purchase and place a new order! WTF amazon o_O...

Not much of a choice...It seems like I already own the console versions of each game....What are the chances of them adding Unit 13 and Shinobido 2 on that list? I'm saving uncharted until it goes on sale.

[quote name='BlurredReality']Blargh. Already ordered Uncharted (Pre-ordered back when it was $39.99 through Amazon) and ordered Hot Shots Golf on Friday.... still would like to take advantage of this, but what would be worth it? I was thinking Lumines + Rayman (Is Rayman really as good as people are saying?) but for the 3rd choice it's really... Wipeout (Which I keep hearing is great, but I have never been much for racing besides Mario kart) Army Corps of Hell or Dungeon Hunter (yes, yes. I know. But I love games like Baulders Gate/Everquest: Champions of Norrath, etc.) - which would you guys say is worth getting for the 3rd game?[/QUOTE]

Rayman really is that good if you have any love at all for platforming. It can be punishing at times, but unlimited lives encourages experimentation and there's plenty to do to master it. I just ordered it after beating it on 360 to play again on vita to try to 100% it.

Well, I had ordered Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf when they were $29.99. Despite getting them last week, the rep said I'd have to re-order (along with a 3rd title) to get a free game, and then just return my original order. But unless Dynasty Warriors Next gets added to the promotion, I don't know that there is a 6th game I'd want (ordered BlazBlue, UMvC3, and Lumines with the promotion already).

Preordered Modnation and Hot Shots and received them last week. Called Amazon's CS and asked if they could save me the trouble of returning my games in order to take advantage of the Buy 2-Get 1 and they refunded me for one of the games so I can purchase a third. Brilliant Customer Service yet again.

[quote name='KolonelCill22']Preordered Modnation and Hot Shots and received them last week. Called Amazon's CS and asked if they could save me the trouble of returning my games in order to take advantage of the Buy 2-Get 1 and they refunded me for one of the games so I can purchase a third. Brilliant Customer Service yet again.[/QUOTE]
Damn, wonder if I should call? Live chatting didn't yield me any results.

I told myself I was only getting a Vita for MLB The Show but this is tempting me. I did order HSG when it was $29.99 so I have that to hold me over until March 6th if I don't give in to this.

I have Rayman for the 360 but have barely played it, so it's not like I would be playing it twice. I'm just wondering if I'm more likely to play it more on the big screen or as a handheld.

Decisions, decisions...

Yes! So glad they matched this! Now I don't have to worry about all that target BS. In for Rayman, Uncharted, and Wipeout.

I'm waiting till tomorrow to see if Ninja Gaiden is added, never played it before... But I know for sure I'm in for FIFA and uncharted!

Awesome, thanks OP! Glad to see Rayman as being a part of the buy 2 get 1 unlike Target's rather limited Vita selection.

[quote name='pjb16']Damn, wonder if I should call? Live chatting didn't yield me any results.[/QUOTE]

Live chat wouldn't do anything for me either. They said the only way I can get the promotion is to have three games in my cart. I would have to order three games now and return the one I already bought at my cost. I am surprised they don't have some type of price guarantee like Best Buy. Oh well. I am probably just going to skip it and save the hassle.

bread's done
Back