Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#181 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Did Uncharted, Lumines and Rayman for my first round.

For my second round I'm thinking Wipeout, Dungeon Hunter and either Modnation or Hot Shots. Never played Hot Shots or Modnation anyone have a recommendation?

#182 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

Only thing is that I couldn't do release date delivery when I added the memory card.

I would re-order myself, but then I will lose a promotional code I have applied to my Vita order. I am going to have to have Amazon sort this one out for me, but without a deal page or a promotional description, they will be clueless.

#183 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Only thing is that I couldn't do release date delivery when I added the memory card.

It worked for me also but I also couldn't get release day shipping either. Hopefully this will last till Friday since thats when I get paid.

#184 illmatic21

illmatic21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ugh, I wish I still had Amazon Prime. The free shipping option says it might not arrive until sometime between Feb 28-March 2. I know that's probably worst case scenario but still. Maybe I'll just wait until Wednesday and stop by Target to see if they have what I want so I can play them when I get the system. If not, I'll just hope Amazon isn't out of stock by then.

#185 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Mukesh from Amazon.com says:

I'm sorry, since you have placed this order before the promotion was launched, so we can not offer the same promotion on the existing order.

:( maybe I'll try phoning them and see if I can get better results

#186 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Mukesh from Amazon.com says:

I'm sorry, since you have placed this order before the promotion was launched, so we can not offer the same promotion on the existing order.

:( maybe I'll try phoning them and see if I can get better results

You also got to fight and argue with the amazon cs. Thats what i did and keep saying everyone else got the deal blah blah,

#187 adbot

adbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've tried several times and still nothing.

#188 dallow

dallow

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

They took off Army Corp of Hell which was the only pre-order title.
I'm hoping that means the other games will be added Wednesday.

#189 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

They took off Army Corp of Hell which was the only pre-order title.
I'm hoping that means the other games will be added Wednesday.

I'm betting they will.

#190 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Dungeon Hunter looked cool, but it seems to be highly trashed for basically being an app port.

I'd have to think the controls would be much better on the vita though, right?

Anyone played the vita version?

Did Uncharted, Lumines and Rayman for my first round.

For my second round I'm thinking Wipeout, Dungeon Hunter and either Modnation or Hot Shots. Never played Hot Shots or Modnation anyone have a recommendation?

#191 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

You also got to fight and argue with the amazon cs. Thats what i did and keep saying everyone else got the deal blah blah,

Arguing with Amazon reps hasn't worked for me in the past. I said the same thing, that other people got the deal, and the rep just replied that he couldn't comment on other orders. It is better to just back out of one rep and find another that will help right away. Nothing has worked for me this time though.

#192 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Arguing with Amazon reps hasn't worked for me in the past. I said the same thing, that other people got the deal, and the rep just replied that he couldn't comment on other orders. It is better to just back out of one rep and find another that will help right away. Nothing has worked for me this time though.

Im sorry to hear that... i guess it also depends on who your talking too. Its hard to get them through CHAT but hearing ppl having success through phone didnt really help but it worked for me in Chat.

#193 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Im sorry to hear that... i guess it also depends on who your talking too. Its hard to get them through CHAT but hearing ppl having success through phone didnt really help but it worked for me in Chat.

Chat has worked out fine for me in the past, but I got 3 foreign reps today and they are the worst. If I can hit one rep with a name I have seen before, I would probably be golden :lol:

#194 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Yeah so far 0 for 3, all foreign reps

#195 Gxray

Gxray

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Yea, if chat support isn't really working with you then try the phone route and be a little forceful on the phone. They're usually a lot more likely to help.

#196 Apathetic-Irony

Apathetic-Irony

Seize the Carp!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

What the hell... they really don't have Virtua Tennis 4 on there? -_-

#197 adbot

adbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

I tried to bring up the whole "other people have had their orders fixed"
they said this
Melanie:I am really sorry about this. As a customer too, I know how sad this is. No worries at all, I will let our Marketing and Promotions department know about this so that this will be taken care of.
For now, is there anything else for today?

so sorry if I ruin it for anyone else (not really) :)

#198 Heidern

Heidern

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

This saved me the hassle of driving around and/or waiting for games to be in stock. Thanks OP.

#199 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

I just ordered Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue after they gave me a $40 credit for the HSG I ordered last month (despite only paying $29.99 for it). So basically I got four games for just under $70.

And this is why I love Amazon.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#200 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

Amazon matched Target's 4GB memory card with wifi Vita deal too.
It isn't advertised though- you have to add the Vita and 4GB card to your cart separately.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315880

#201 mkm1998

mkm1998

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

I just ordered Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue after they gave me a $40 credit for the HSG I ordered last month (despite only paying $29.99 for it). So basically I got four games for just under $70.

And this is why I love Amazon.

Man tell me EXACTELY what you did. I'm in the same boat as you. They denied me via email, will try chat tonight. What did you say?

#202 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

Ended up going with Lumines, HSG and UMVC3. Might end up placing another order for FIFA, Wipeout and something else.

#203 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Woot. Just got an email response back from Amazon that they are refunding $30 back for Hot Shots Golf. Struck out on a couple of chats, but stuck it on the email. Amazon pulls through again.

#204 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Dungeon Hunter looked cool, but it seems to be highly trashed for basically being an app port.

I'd have to think the controls would be much better on the vita though, right?

Anyone played the vita version?

Yeah I've been seeing that but I figure with the deal I'm only spending $20 per game. If I take that away though then I def don't have another 3 games. Suppose I'll go buy some PSP games for cheap. :P

#205 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just got off chat with customer service (had ordered hot shots golf for 29.99 last week)...they gave me the old "one-time exception" and told me to place an order for two games so I picked up Lumines and Dungeon Hunter and then CS proceeded to refund me the $39.99 for one of the two games...

This turned out to be an even better deal because I had only paid 29.99 for Hot Shots originally.

#206 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Finally got home from and placed my order for Lumines, Hot Shot Golf, & Rayman Origins.

Went to make a second order and realized they took Army Corps of Hell off the list to buy.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#207 adbot

adbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

What are you guys saying to get them to do it?

#208 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

meh they gave me no such exception for hot shots but it would have been a measley 3 dollar difference when I can pick yet another game I want. Theres not 6 games I want out of that list so works out

#209 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

just a heads up Army Corps of Hell isn't a choice anymore. That game is kinda ugh anyways

#210 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Put in an order for Uncharted, Wipeout and Little Deviants. Not super interested in playing any of the Vita release games. Figure these should show off the system's bells and whistles.