2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#271 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Aw man, Weaver throws a no hitter and I missed it. Damn you NBA playoffs.

#272 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

The panda is out for 4-6 weeks ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Looks like our offense just got worse! Though, let us be honest here, our problem is getting a hit with runners in scoring position.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#273 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Mariano Rivera Had To Be Carted Off The Field With A Possible Knee Injury Sustained During Batting Practice

That's according to numerous reports out of Kansas City, where the Yankees closer slipped on the warning track as he was shagging fly balls before tonight's game against the Royals. According to CBSSports.com, the 42-year-old Rivera had to be carried to the cart by manager Joe Girardi and bullpen coach Mike Harkey.

http://espn.go.com/n...ent-knee-injury

Edited by Fatality, 04 May 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#274 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

The Red Sox had one of the hardest parts of their schedule to open the season, now they're playing the dreks of the AL. Like Bob Ryan said on Kornheiser's radio show at the height of the Valentine stuff a week ago, if the Red Sox are below .500 after May 16, then they're doomed. They're like 7-1 in their last 8 now and Papi is possessed.

Red Sox are 5-3 in their last 8 as of today. They dropped two to the A's and one to the White Sox. They're next series is against the Orioles who are 6-2 in their last 8 games and just took 2 out of 3 against the A's and at Yankee Stadium.

I know eventually the Orioles will fall off like the normally do but they are hot right now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#275 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

Mo...torn ACL...I'm gonna go cry now...

#276 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

Mariano going down is a big hit to the Yanks pen. Robertson is definitely getting the closer role though. No question on that. and if he's as good as he's been the past year, I have complete faith in him. I think the problem is now going to be in the 7th, and maybe 8th. Who is going to be the guy there?

Honestly, what I have LOVE to see is Joba come back sometime during the season, and just be that guy. There was once a time when he was expected to be the closer when Mo retired. That time has long passed, but i think he can still bring back some of those memories.

11317.png

#277 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

Second freak injury to a yankees pitcher this season. Pretty crazy.

#278 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

Second freak injury to a yankees pitcher this season. Pretty crazy.

It's definitely not their year. Lots of injuries already and odd ones.

#279 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Mo...torn ACL...I'm gonna go cry now...

That sucks. Even as a Red Sox fan, Mo was a guy who I always respected and admired. If this is the end of his career, it's terrible for the game.

33126.png

#280 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Mo stated clearly today that he's coming back next year. His words were "I'm not going out like this." That's at least good to hear, but it's not going to be fun rehabbing a torn ACL at 43 years old. Honestly, the thing is, you can call this a "freak injury", but he shouldn't be shagging fly balls at this point in his career. I know that he's "the best athlete on the team" and he's been doing it his entire career, but in hindsight, it's almost as dumb as Terrell Suggs getting injured playing basketball. It's not necessary and doesn't do anything to help his performance in the job he's actually paid to do. There aren't even any 42 year old outfielders in the league shagging fly balls, lol. So, why the Fuck does the greatest relief pitcher of all time need to be doing it?

#281 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Fucking Phillies Nationals game was a disaster and a half. The 3rd base umpire was sick so they went with 3 umpires leaving 3rd base open. There were 3 plays that were called in favor of the Nats, 2 of them key plays that would have had the Phils win. Ruiz hit a fair ball over the 3rd base bag that was called foul that would have scored Victorino and won the game, then in the same at bat Victorino stole 3rd and was called out by the second base umpire but was clearly safe, which also would have scored him in that at bat because Ruiz hit a single to right field. I'm glad the Phillies got phucked, yay.

#282 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Mo stated clearly today that he's coming back next year. His words were "I'm not going out like this." That's at least good to hear, but it's not going to be fun rehabbing a torn ACL at 43 years old. Honestly, the thing is, you can call this a "freak injury", but he shouldn't be shagging fly balls at this point in his career. I know that he's "the best athlete on the team" and he's been doing it his entire career, but in hindsight, it's almost as dumb as Terrell Suggs getting injured playing basketball. It's not necessary and doesn't do anything to help his performance in the job he's actually paid to do. There aren't even any 42 year old outfielders in the league shagging fly balls, lol. So, why the Fuck does the greatest relief pitcher of all time need to be doing it?

I feel the same way but he's been doing it every game. If I were Girardi I probably would have told him to let the warning track shots just fall. He was trying to make a highlight grab.

#283 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Fucking Phillies Nationals game was a disaster and a half. The 3rd base umpire was sick so they went with 3 umpires leaving 3rd base open. There were 3 plays that were called in favor of the Nats, 2 of them key plays that would have had the Phils win. Ruiz hit a fair ball over the 3rd base bag that was called foul that would have scored Victorino and won the game, then in the same at bat Victorino stole 3rd and was called out by the second base umpire but was clearly safe, which also would have scored him in that at bat because Ruiz hit a single to right field. I'm glad the Phillies got phucked, yay.

But Washington also won the game earlier and they called the runner out at home.

#284 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

But Washington also won the game earlier and they called the runner out at home.

Oh, I didn't see that. I watched most of the game but not all of it, guess I missed that. Well then it was a sloppily called game all around.

#285 jello44

jello44

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Oh, I didn't see that. I watched most of the game but not all of it, guess I missed that. Well then it was a sloppily called game all around.

It would have been worse if Joe West didn't get sick. ;)

#286 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

Phillies back in last place in the NL East, I know it's still early but winning 2 out of 3 against Washington really was important. I'm expecting the Nationals to sweep tomorrow.

#287 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Another good start for Derek Lowe and it's wasted in extra innings, but the game today seems to be going better for them so far.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#288 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Rangers pitching lately hasn't been up to par. They need to get Hamilton and Beltre healthy so they can start rolling again. I was glad Beltre mashed one last night to allow the team to maybe salvage the road trip.

Posted Image

#289 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

It would have been worse if Joe West didn't get sick. ;)

I saw him ref in person in Spring Training last year. Worst Umpire I have EVER seen.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#290 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Cowboy Joe? No way.

So Pujols gets benched yesterday and comes back today to hit his first homer of the season.

#291 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

I can't believe Cole Hamels got a 5 game suspension for intentionally hitting Bryce Harper. Yeah he shouldn't have done it but last year when Ramon Ramirez intentionally hit Shane Victorino, he didn't get a suspension (and neither did Eli Whiteside who tried to tackle Placido Polanco).

#292 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

I can't believe Cole Hamels got a 5 game suspension for intentionally hitting Bryce Harper. Yeah he shouldn't have done it but last year when Ramon Ramirez intentionally hit Shane Victorino, he didn't get a suspension (and neither did Eli Whiteside who tried to tackle Placido Polanco).

It's the Ubaldo Jimenez rule.

#293 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

A 5 game suspension for a pitcher is ridiculous. There's no point to it. It doesn't actually force them to miss any games. It just causes a slight inconvenience by having to switch places in the rotation.

#294 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

A 5 game suspension for a pitcher is ridiculous. There's no point to it. It doesn't actually force them to miss any games. It just causes a slight inconvenience by having to switch places in the rotation.

Pretty much. It's a slap on the wrist and not a real punishment. He'll appeal until after his next start and then be ready to start after it's over with an extra day of rest.

#295 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, the suspension is pretty worthless. The worst part about it is the inside part of the plate is now gone for the next series against the Nationals.

#296 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hamilton was in beast mode tonight, 4 homers and 8 rbi.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#297 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hamilton was in beast mode tonight, 4 homers and 8 rbi.

Last time he had four shots.... Nevermind.

#298 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

The Houston Astros have a +9 diff. Their coaching staff deserves some fucking love.
Posted Image

#299 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

Damn it looks like the rain is going to put an end to the CJ Wilson/Yu Darvish matchup. Rangers were set up for a big inning with the bases loaded and one out.

Posted Image

#300 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thank god that start by CJ gets wiped from the books. (fantasy)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png