2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#601 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

I don't care if 90% of the country wouldn't watch the World Series, but I really hope it's Giants vs A's.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#602 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

You can't reason with Dodger fans. They missed the playoffs in 2010 and didn't even give McCourt another year before they ran him out of town (this is after making the NLCS in 08 and 09). I know he was a shit owner, but they act like those two NLCS runs took place in the 50's or 60's.

It was no secret he was going to have to find a way to print money or he was going to miss payroll. There's a few things you don't do as an owner and letting it be known you can't pay your players is one of em.
Posted Image

#603 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Glad to see the Angels out.
Wanted them out more than I wanted the Dodgers in.
Now we just have to see how the last two days play out. If i remember correctly the last couple of times the dodgers/giants have met one team ended up sweeping the series and i believe the giants swept it last time so now its the dodgers turn.
Of course the cards still have to lose.

#604 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't care if 90% of the country wouldn't watch the World Series, but I really hope it's Giants vs A's.

People barely watch it anyway.

#605 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hope the A's can sweep the Rangers and win the West! It's been a longggggg time but feels good to know they're back in the playoffs!

#606 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Braves lost so the Nats have clinched the NL east. Braves have clinched the first wild card and will host the 1 game playoff Friday. Thinking of going if I can get some friends to go.

#607 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just saw that Miguel Cabrera hit another homer. Now in sole possession of the HR lead by 1 over Hamilton. Great chance for the Triple Crown since he's pretty solidly up in BA and RBI.

#608 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Braves lost so the Nats have clinched the NL east. Braves have clinched the first wild card and will host the 1 game playoff Friday. Thinking of going if I can get some friends to go.

You in ATL then dmaul114? I was just thinking that it would be nice if I could scratch up the cash to go to the Braves game. I have no idea what the ticket prices are but I'm broke at the moment so it really doesn't matter.

Just saw that Miguel Cabrera hit another homer. Now in sole possession of the HR lead by 1 over Hamilton. Great chance for the Triple Crown since he's pretty solidly up in BA and RBI.

Pretty thrilled about this actually, it will be awesome if he can pull it off! I don't follow baseball nearly as much as some other sports but I always pull for my Michigan teams including the Tigers. Bless you boys!:D
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#609 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

You in ATL then dmaul114? I was just thinking that it would be nice if I could scratch up the cash to go to the Braves game. I have no idea what the ticket prices are but I'm broke at the moment so it really doesn't matter.

Yep.

Looks like all that's left are standing room only tickets for $24 ($18, plus $6 ticketmaster fees). Price range was $18-95 depending on section).

Parking is sold out as well, but I could take Marta. May still go if any friends or my girlfriend are up for it.

#610 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

$24 is pretty good except the standing room only thing. I've never done that at an athletic event and I'm not sure I'd want to stand for an entire baseball game. I'll be sure to check with my usual suspects that attend regularly but I'm guessing everyone will be using their tickets. I'll check in on the ATL CAG board also to see if anybody else is going. Marta's always a cost effective option for parking. I've never actually parked using official Braves zones except when riding with others with permits. Good luck securing your tickets!

#611 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I don't mind it. A lot of times I just buy cheap nose bleeds and end up standing on the concourse near a beer stand and bathroom and watching anyway. Better view for cheap ticket price. :D

Also a way to get out of the sun for day games.

#612 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Oh well the dodgers are out.
Man that game was good though.

#613 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I can't believe the Rangers are going to be the fucking wild card. Un fucking believable. They all better get their shit in check on the plane home.

Posted Image

#614 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

And no homers for Hamilton, so Cabrera is going to get the triple crown barring something crazy in the batting avg race.

#615 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

#616 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

Love it. Go A's!

#617 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

Holy crap, the A's took the AL West? I didn't even know they had a chance.

#618 GBH

GBH

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I told you Oaktown is winning everything. Hopefully its another Battle of the Bay and maybe this time the Giants can actually win a game huh.
hum baby
I Didn't Mean To

#619 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Thoughts

1) Did not like the idea of him being anywhere in MVP top 5 going into the first week of September but I think that Robbie Cano sealed himself into the MVP 3rd place. He's been amazing this whole week and one of the main reasons why Yanks won the division.

2) Texas' pitching is completely burned out. Hope their offense shows up big and they take the first game.

3) Did not (and still do not) like the new Wild Card system but this has been one of the most exciting Septembers in memory for the AL.

#620 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

Fantastic, Cabrera wins the Triple Crown!!!:bouncy:

#621 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Glad to see the A's win! Would love to see an A's-Nats world series.

#622 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I feel bad that Bobby V gets blamed for the Red Sox failure. Their pitching staff was just fucking terrible from top to bottom and there is no accountability in that clubhouse. They need to just blow things up.

Posted Image

#623 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, they should have just blew up the roster when the brought him in. There was no coming back from that beer and fried chicken in the club house stuff last year. Just had a locker room full of lazy millionaires phoning it in. And bringing in a hard ass manager type with those type of players was just a disaster waiting to happen. Hence the blow up when he slammed Youkalis (sp?) etc.

#624 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone used postseason.tv in the past? Wondering if it's worth it, especially for $5 since I don't have any cable and can't watch TBS on tv as a result. I saw that it states "subscribers will be able to view alternative video feeds" so wondering how the alternate feeds are.

#625 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Valentine going is a good first step to trying to right the ship in Boston. Players' attitudes have to change too but a different manager may have better success getting them back in shape.

#626 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Valentine going is a good first step to trying to right the ship in Boston. Players' attitudes have to change too but a different manager may have better success getting them back in shape.

Third manager is the charm?

Bobby V can at least take solace in Shilling being forced to sell all his shit because he is a terrible businessman. It seemed that Shilling's whole job at ESPN was to bash Valentine.

Posted Image

#627 mastagoalie

mastagoalie

long live games and 420

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

"Glad to see the A's win! Would love to see an A's-Nats world series."

Tigers v Nationals World Series

Go Tigers!
-Masta

#628 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Has anyone used postseason.tv in the past? Wondering if it's worth it, especially for $5 since I don't have any cable and can't watch TBS on tv as a result. I saw that it states "subscribers will be able to view alternative video feeds" so wondering how the alternate feeds are.

It works fine, but it's not nearly as good as a regular broadcast. I got it last year to watch the Cardinals and it was ok. Basically, they have some fixed cameras that you can choose from. They're basically the same views as you would get from a broadcast, except they don't change unless you change them.
Posted Image

#629 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

It works fine, but it's not nearly as good as a regular broadcast. I got it last year to watch the Cardinals and it was ok. Basically, they have some fixed cameras that you can choose from. They're basically the same views as you would get from a broadcast, except they don't change unless you change them.

Thanks! Might just use it since some of the streams online just aren't good so I don't mind ponying up $5 for it.

#630 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Playoffs!!!