2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#631 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Tigers v Nationals World Series Go Tigers!

It's too bad your Tigers are up against the buzzsaw that is the A's.

#632 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

http://itunes.apple....=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

#633 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

It's nice to hear Joe Simpson call a Braves game on TBS again.

#634 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

That is one of the worst fucking calls I've ever seen.

And now the fans are acting like shitheads. What a fucking show of respect in Chipper's last game.

#635 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Never thought baseball could look more like a joke i'm glad shit is thrown onto the field Fuck that.
looks like replacement refs invaded the mlb too, pop up that doesn't get caught.....OUT!

#636 Krunks

Krunks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

I still cant figure out how an infield fly can take place half way in the outfield; mind blown

#637 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Everybody complaining about the fans throwing shit, that call killed the Braves. It was too tight of a game (playoff at that) and close to the end. That would've happened anywhere in the same situation.

axlrose4183.png

#638 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

What an awful call.

I feel bad for Braves fans.

Completely killed the momentum they were having that inning and ruined what was an exciting game.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#639 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

-Imagines that happening at Yankees stadium-

#640 Krunks

Krunks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

see '04 ALCS, when the right call was made (Belhorn HR)

#641 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Yeah, that was a fucking awful call. Then calling the runner safe at first when Craig came off the bag and clearly touched it with his foot before the runner got there. The umps tonight, oofa.

#642 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Wow, glad I didn't go downtown and watch the Braves tonight.
You end up going dmaul1114? If so, was it as crazy in person?
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#643 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

The Atlanta game was nuts, I have a friend who's a huge Braves fan, from Atlanta. He broke his TV from the rage.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#644 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

If you talked to me yesterday, I would've been bummed out I had to work tonight. I also was ok with the one game playoff. Even though as A braves fan, if it was the old ruling, we would be playing tomorrow and the Cards never would never have had a playoff game this season. I sort of liked that it gave an extra team a shot. Although I do think it should of been best of three, but whatever.

Only part of the game I saw was when I was on my 15 minute break around 8pm. When it was in the middle of the controversy. I don't even know what to say. I'm just stunned and furious. I'm not upset that we lost. Somebody was bound to lose and if the game was "normal", I would have been happy with the fact we had a good season and made the playoffs, unlike the Phillies who I can't stand. But this? Last I checked, the infield does not extend halfway into the fucking outfield. If the Cards somehow manage to win it all this year...I don't even want to think about that.

Let's just say that next week, I will be rooting heavily for the Nationals.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#645 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

unlike the Phillies who I can't stand.

You really have to put this in every post, don't you? We know, your dad is a Phillies fan so you hate them, I've heard it before. I'm on your side here, the Braves got fucked. Just let me forget about this season in peace :(

Also, I'm pretty shocked the Rangers are doing this bad. I thought they had the game in the bag when I saw that Joe Saunders was pitching against Darvish, guess I was wrong.

#646 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

This is awesome, Rangers had their chance the last two years and couldn't follow through. This offseason should be interesting, I'm assuming Ron Washington is going to get fired and then with all the free agents... Should be fun.

Posted Image

#647 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

LOLRangers

#648 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hamilton has played like he doesn't want to be in Arlington anymore since June and looked completely lost tonight. Please be an ALCS with Baltimore vs. Oakland for pure awesome.

Posted Image

#649 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Wow, glad I didn't go downtown and watch the Braves tonight.
You end up going dmaul1114? If so, was it as crazy in person?

No, didn't end up going. Just watched with my girlfriend at a bar over dinner and drinks. Also glad I didn't shell out the money to go. Didn't feel like hassling with the Marta Shuttle was the main reason.

Sad the season ended in the one game playoff, but still a good year with 94 wins. Wish Chipper would have had more of a post season. Shame that one game BS had to start this year. Having the extra team is fine, but they should make the opening series at least 3 games (if not 5).

Glad to see the Orioles win though. With the Braves out I'll root for a Nats-Orioles world series. But as long as it's not the Yankees or Cardinals I don't care much.

#650 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Glad to see the Orioles win though. With the Braves out I'll root for a Nats-Orioles world series. But as long as it's not the Yankees or Cardinals I don't care much.

Same here. Being close to both areas, I'd love to see a Beltway Series at this point. I don't even care one way or the other about the Yankees at this point. Just as long as it's not the Cards.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#651 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Gotta love how these Wild card teams are guaranteed more home games then fucking division winners, who in the world thought that would be a good idea?.
Nationals best team in the league? possible 1 home game for you!
This shit is just as bad as these wild card playoffs only being 1 game. They couldn't at least make it 2/3? As if Baseball didn't already look like a joke enough after tonight horrendous umps.

#652 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hamilton has played like he doesn't want to be in Arlington anymore since June and looked completely lost tonight. Please be an ALCS with Baltimore vs. Oakland for pure awesome.

He played well in August and the start of Sept.

This collapse ranks up there with the 07 Mavs. Fucking brutal.

Posted Image

#653 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

The Orioles are probably going to beat the Yankees and then face Detroit in the ALCS.

The Nationals will vanquish the tainted Cardinals and then dominate the Giants in the NLCS.

Beltway Series Incoming, folks.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#654 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Can someone explain the logic of the Orioles getting the first 2 games at home?

#655 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Can someone explain the logic of the Orioles getting the first 2 games at home?

There's no baseball logic to it. They just wanted to cut down on travel. It's likely gonna be revised next year.

#656 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

As if I needed more proof baseball is garbage. Broken economic system. No consequence for terrible umpires. Stupid playoff system that allows one freaking game to undo 162.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#657 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

huge braves fan here.

just dropped by to rage about the terrible call in the braves game, and the terrible decision by MLB to deny the protest. can't blame fans for trashing the field. the same thing would have happened in any other stadium. they paid hard-earned money to see a fair game and got robbed instead. MLB should refund their money. the decision to deny the protest was swift and awful. the rule was applied incorrectly, but MLB did not want to deal with the ramifications of a blown call in a one-game deathmatch. cannot respect joe torre after this.

on top of everything, the ump sam holbrook still thinks he made the right call. doesn't have the grace or humility to admit that he was wrong. i could respect him if he just publicly admitted he messed up and apologized. it might not have cost the braves the game, but then again, maybe it could have. after all is said and done, braves got only 26 outs to work with after the call was made. the infield fly rule was created to protect the offense, and this call did exactly the opposite.

there should't even be six umps in playoff games. does any other sport increase the number of officials just for playoffs? if you're gonna have six umps in playoffs, put six umps in every regular season game, and see if that really helps to increase the quality of officiating, or harms it as we have all witnessed tonight. MLB needs to get serious about this stuff and expand instant replay and allow limited play challenges like the NFL.

the one-game playoff format is stupid (at least make it a three-game series, or just go back to having one wild-card team), and so is the all-star game result determining homefield advantage in the world series (get rid of this forever).

i won't be watching anymore of this postseason since my team is out, but i hope the nats stomp the cards, and i hope the orioles stomp everyone.

in the meantime, go falcons!

/rant

#658 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

It was a terrible call, but I had a hard time getting upset when the team played like shit. 3 errors led to 4 unearned runs and they lost by 3.

The call sucked and killed momentum for a potential comeback, but if they hadn't made so many stupid mistakes it would have been a different game.

Edited by dmaul1114, 06 October 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#659 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

As if I needed more proof baseball is garbage. Broken economic system. No consequence for terrible umpires. Stupid playoff system that allows one freaking game to undo 162.

How is the economic system broken? The team with the smallest payroll won their division and finished one game back of best record in the AL.

The Red Sox spent and spent and spent and went down in blaze of the opposite of glory.

You don't want one game to undo your last 162? Win your division, it's that simple.

The best thing baseball did was add that second wild card team and make it a play in game, that's not even argueable. Just look here for that evidence.

About the wildcard team getting the first two at home, terrible. But they are going back to 2-2-1 next year.

I'd actually like it to be 1-4. Just putting more emphasis on DIVISION.

There used to be a time when the best in the AL regular season played the best in the NL regular season for the World Series, baseball needed more weight given to division winners.

The blown call sucks, but it doesn't now make the system stupid or unfair.

#660 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

How is the economic system broken? The team with the smallest payroll won their division and finished one game back of best record in the AL.

The Red Sox spent and spent and spent and went down in blaze of the opposite of glory.

You don't want one game to undo your last 162? Win your division, it's that simple.

The best thing baseball did was add that second wild card team and make it a play in game, that's not even argueable. Just look here for that evidence.

About the wildcard team getting the first two at home, terrible. But they are going back to 2-2-1 next year.

I'd actually like it to be 1-4. Just putting more emphasis on DIVISION.

There used to be a time when the best in the AL regular season played the best in the NL regular season for the World Series, baseball needed more weight given to division winners.

The blown call sucks, but it doesn't now make the system stupid or unfair.

the system was stupid way before the blown call. it was stupid upon conception.