2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#61 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'll eat my hat if the Yankees make the playoffs this year. They suck.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#62 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'll eat my hat if the Yankees make the playoffs this year. They suck.

Tough start to the season but the last time they started 0-3 they won 114 games. That was in '98 when they had probably one of the best teams I've ever seen. I think the Rays are going to win the division and the Yankees in the wild card.

On the game today: Pena is on fire to start the season. He had another home run taken away by a fan reaching over the rail (same thing happened yesterday). Really the only low point I saw today from the Rays was Jose Molina's bat. Jeremy Hellickson pitched 8.2 innings only giving up 3 hits and no runs. Upton starts rehab tomorrow and should be back mid to late April. Will be nice to see them keep this pace up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

At Tropicana Field waiting on the gates to open. Anyone else go to any games this weekend?

As a Yankee fan, I just have to say UGH!!!! :cry: Oh well, looks like I get to look forward to another year of my team getting dominated by the Rays for no real reason at all. :lol:

But to answer the question at hand, just got back from Braves @ Mets. After the crap season the Mets had last year, plus their abysmal spring training, I wasn't expecting anything out of this team, but they completed the opening series sweep of the long time rival Braves. Niese pitched a pretty good game while he was out there, but he threw a lot of pitches. He was a hair under 100 by the time the 7th started, and he was out of gas. Just throwing meatballs up there. First start of the year, I'm blaming the manager. He should have had a reliever up at the start of that inning in case Niese blew up like he did at the end. You can't expect a pitcher to be sharp through 100 in the first week April. Hitting wise, mixed bag. Tejada impressed me a lot today. For a guy who has 1 career homer, he was hitting the ball hard, especially starting off the game with an off-the-wall double that i thought was a home run at first. Wright and Murphy were also doing what they need to be doing for top of the lineup guys. Davis and Bay.... weren't. Mets need these guys to get it going. Luckily the team is winning so their isn't pressure, but if they start an extended losing streak, Bay is going to get booed badly if he doesn't pick it up.

As for the Braves... yeah. The batters weren't getting anything going. McCann hit a home run off Acosta after looking lost while Niese was pitching. Uggla looks like he's going to have another season of sub-.250 batting. Curious to see how the season pans for Matt Diaz, though. I remember him being very solid a few years ago. The pitching was good outside of starter Mike Minor.

Also, side note. First time being at Citi Field. It's nice. Really nice. It helps that I was in the VIP gold section though. ;) Easily overthrows Chase Field (D-Backs) as the nicest stadium I've been to. Haven't been to new Yankee Stadium though, but that definitely sets the bar for expections now.

11317.png

#64 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Haven't been to new Yankee Stadium though, but that definitely sets the bar for expections now.

I've been there once so far. It's really, really nice but (as expected) everything there is as expensive as Fuck. Those player T-Shirts you can get anywhere for around $20? $33 there. And me, being stupid and caught in the moment bought one of Mo >_<

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#65 jello44

jello44

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

The Astros have a winning record for the first time since July 29, 2009.

OK, so it's only 1 game above 500, but still!

#66 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

How about that comeback win? Love starting the season by sweeping the Giants. :D

#67 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

I haven't yet been to AT&T Park, but the best stadium conversation has to begin and end with that.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#68 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

3 games in and the Giants are 3 games out. Love it.
Posted Image

#69 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

The Astros have a winning record for the first time since July 29, 2009.

OK, so it's only 1 game above 500, but still!

Lol, damn. Those fans have it rough!

#70 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Lol, damn. Those fans have it rough!

The Astros are so ridiculously bad, top to bottom. They made front office changes this year but that takes time to have an effect. Their team is horrendous. Their farm is horrendous.

I'm the kind of guy that will kick sand in your face when you're down and point and laugh and shit. I'm a terrible human being. But damn, the Astros are beneath contempt. Their fans are the Sisyphus of baseball. One World Series appearance and they were fucking destroyed in a sweep by the White Sox. I go to games and feel sorry for them.
Posted Image

#71 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Barry Zito...

9IP 4H 4SO 0ER

His first complete game shutout since 2003, both Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain were seniors in High School when he pitched it. If Zito can pitch half as good as this for the entire season I will be happy. Also the Rockies have to be embarrassed about getting shut out, in Denver, against Zito.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#72 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Barry Zito...

9IP 4H 4SO 0ER

His first complete game shutout since 2003, both Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain were seniors in High School when he pitched it. If Zito can pitch half as good as this for the entire season I will be happy. Also the Rockies have to be embarrassed about getting shut out, in Denver, against Zito.

The fantasy sports radio guys said "this game does not matter, do not pick up Zito, he is still a shell of his former self regardless." haha. Harsh.

#73 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Red Sox rally with three in the 9th to get off the snide, with their bullpen pitching great in the win. Hopefully some people will back down off the bridges up there in Boston.

33126.png

#74 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Another bad loss for the Braves. Looking like a long season....

#75 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

4-0 what a game!

Thank you San Fran for Ramon Ramirez. This guy is lights out in the pen!

Gee vs Detwiler tomorrow and the Mammoth match up. Johan vs Strasburg. Cant believe im this hype about a nationals/mets game LOL.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#76 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Ramon Ramirez is good, I'll miss him.

Also I saw this picture and couldn't help but laugh.

Posted Image
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#77 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

The Red Sox started off dreadful last year and should have made the playoffs but for a huge meltdown.

The first week isn't that important unless you're a truly terrible team and have no way of digging out.

I don't think any of the powerhouses should panic yet.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#78 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Ramon Ramirez is good, I'll miss him.

Also I saw this picture and couldn't help but laugh.

Posted Image

The most ripped kid is the only one who doesn't fake tan lol

#79 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

The fantasy sports radio guys said "this game does not matter, do not pick up Zito, he is still a shell of his former self regardless." haha. Harsh.

Before he fell apart in the second half of 2010 he was putting up a decent season. I think he still has a decent pitcher inside of him, but I don't know if it will ever show up again.

Posted Image

#80 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Anyone ever share a MLB.tv account? According to FatWallet, despite the official no sharing rule, it can be shared between 4 people with a problem.

Posted Image

#81 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

I haven't, though I have heard it's enforced about as strictly as the Netflix one stream at a time rule.

#82 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

Indians/Sox game has been postponed due to snow, so that's an interesting twist in the weather in Ohio. I'm glad to see the Indians finally open up the checkbook and sign Asdrubal Cabrera and Carlos Santana to new deals beyond this season since they had nobody signed beyond this season.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#83 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Nefty Feliz looked great tonight. Hopefully he can keep it up. Wash does need to look into limiting his pitches though. I believe he through close to 110 pitches and throwing that many could cause him to break down like Ogando did last year.

Posted Image

#84 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Only caught the last two innings due to work, but good to see the Braves get their first win of the season. Kimbrel apparently wanted to sweat it out though putting the first two men on base.

card.png

#85 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

man mets defense looked little league tonight. Murphy couldnt turn a DP if his life depended on it and he had terrible ABs all night long. Duda, def WIP in RF. I know the winds were funny today but jeez, thats the second one he couldnt track down. Didnt help Davis and Wright were out of the lineup leaving the rest of the lineup with 0 power. Detwiler did pitch one heck of a game though. Looks like sending Lannan down was the right call so far.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#86 jello44

jello44

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Only caught the last two innings due to work, but good to see the Braves get their first win of the season. Kimbrel apparently wanted to sweat it out though putting the first two men on base.

Yeah, then CJ was up to bat, shit the bed by GIDP.

Fucking wonderful.

72768.png

#87 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

It was wonderful, yes.

card.png

#88 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Braves finally won. Got a homer from Chipper in his season debut, and Pastornicky got his first career homer as well.

#89 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

The NL East is completely backwards right now, it better straighten out in the next week...

#90 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

The NL East is completely backwards right now, it better straighten out in the next week...

The Mets should fall off, but I expect the Marlins and especially the Nationals to be pretty competitive all year.

33126.png