Photo
- - - - -

2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#211 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

It'll be interesting to see how they do against some better teams. Can't complain about a good start though.

Although it would be nice for some closer games. I need Kimbrel to get my fantasy team some saves this weekend. :razz:

Braves win again, and you got your save. :D

#212 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Braves win again, and you got your save. :D

And 3 k's to boot. :D

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#213 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Just got back from my first trip to Pittsburgh, went to the Pirates Cardinals game last night. Pretty cool stadium, I like the walkways behind the outfield and they have some great food. They gave out Pirates umbrellas and it was raining but they didn't let people use the umbrellas, if you put your up, the staff yelled at you... It was cool though, got a free umbrella, spun a wheel and won a terrible looking McCutchen figure and had great food. It was also nice to see Pittsburgh win and people there supporting that sad team. Even AJ pitched like a winner after looking like shit during the first 3 batters of the game.

#214 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, PNC Park (if that's what it's still called) is awesome. Shame the team has sucked for so long.

#215 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Yup, still PNC Park. I really like the bridge behind the stadium that you walk across over the river, it's a cool touch.

#216 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Super excited, going to Yankees/Tigers this Saturday. Never been to an East Coast game so fired up for Yankee Stadium. Although its not the Dodgers should still be fun. Any tips?
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#217 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Super excited, going to Yankees/Tigers this Saturday. Never been to an East Coast game so fired up for Yankee Stadium. Although its not the Dodgers should still be fun. Any tips?

Wear Yankees gear or you'll get your ass kicked/mugged.

#218 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

#219 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

That's not true at all.

I recommend getting a prime rib sandwich, it's amazing. Although it is like $14.

#220 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

That's not true at all.

Agreed. I've been to Yankees Stadium (the old one) for Sox-Yankees games wearing Sox gear and while I certainly got some ribbing - which I expected - I never felt remotely threatened.

33126.png

#221 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Bullshit. As a season ticket holder I can tell you that there are plenty of fans wearing non Yankee gear and they're all having a good time. The bleacher creatures might get rowdy but most of the crowd is pretty chill.

#222 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Love seeing Ryan Braun doing awful thus far after weasling his way out of his suspension.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#223 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Maybe some of you guys can give me a second opinion here.

Was just offered a trade in a fantasy league. Guy wants Dustin Pedroia and is willing to give Mike Stanton. It wouldn't hurt me all that bad as I can plug Ben Zobrist over at 2nd base. But I feel it doesn't help much either having Carlos Lee, Jason Heyward, Jason Werth, and Carlos Gonzalez (we only start 3).

The thing that scares me and why I'm contemplating rejecting it is Stanton's knee I feel may bother him all year, and his value is in his power production, which so far, has been non-existent.

JStryker416.png

#224 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Throw another vote on the "This is stupid and you've probably never been to Yankee Stadium" pile. At one of the games I went to against the Tigers in 2007, a guy about 10 rows ahead of us had a custom Tigers jersey on, with what I can only assume was his last name on it (can't remember the name...something like Lennel). We were seated down the 3rd base line (where alcohol is allowed), and a guy a few rows behind us had a few too many, and just decided to pick on this guy.

EVERY time the Yankees would do something not great he'd start yelling "Lennel, this is all your fault!" or "Lennel, why are you doing this to us???" Sometimes, he'd even just yell out "LENNEL!!!" for no apparent reason. It was freaking hilarious. Wearing the opposing team's gear will without question draw attention to yourself. But it's no more of a "guarantee" of getting your ass kicked than walking down the street is a "guarantee" that you'll get run down by a taxi. Most people are there to have a good time.

#225 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Agreed. I've been to Yankees Stadium (the old one) for Sox-Yankees games wearing Sox gear and while I certainly got some ribbing - which I expected - I never felt remotely threatened.

The only place you should feel threatened is Philly. There have been incidents on the west coast, but I know for a fact most people are laid back at the games.

There's a big difference in going to a game wearing visitors gear, and wearing gear acting like a total asshole. Philly is just insane cause they don't separate the two.

#226 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Love seeing Ryan Braun doing awful thus far after weasling his way out of his suspension.

Ugh and then they ask John Kruk if there is any correlation, and he basically dodges it by saying, "Yeah, I think he's trying to hard to prove he did everything legit because he was found innocent."

No John. He was guilty and got off on a technicality. That test was legit.

#227 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Maybe some of you guys can give me a second opinion here.

Was just offered a trade in a fantasy league. Guy wants Dustin Pedroia and is willing to give Mike Stanton. It wouldn't hurt me all that bad as I can plug Ben Zobrist over at 2nd base. But I feel it doesn't help much either having Carlos Lee, Jason Heyward, Jason Werth, and Carlos Gonzalez (we only start 3).

The thing that scares me and why I'm contemplating rejecting it is Stanton's knee I feel may bother him all year, and his value is in his power production, which so far, has been non-existent.

Keep Pedroia. With Stanton, you'll probably get 10ish more home runs but Pedroia will have 20+ stolen bases and 15+ more runs and a higher batting average than Stanton. All those are better than having those 10 extra home runs whether it's rotisserie or head-to-head. One thing I'll never understand about fantasy leagues is people's desire to trade similar players with similar stats. What's the point of trading a power hitter for a power hitter? The point of a trade in most cases is to trade stats you don't need for stats you do need.

#228 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, definitely keep Pedroia. Stanton is garbage IMO, and if you already have an OF that's pretty full, why would you want to trade where you're "thin" for more OF? If you want Stanton, package Zobrist with someone else and see if the guy bites.

#229 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

That's pretty much what I thought as well. And I'm not exactly "thin" considering I can play Zobrist at 2B. Which is still better than who he currently has at 2B (Espinosa).

The only thing with Stanton is, power is more valuable than speed in this league as one homer is four points (not counting runs and RBIs) and a SB is only 1. With that said, I would have a hard time giving up Pedroia anyways, just for the leg up I have on the competition at that position. Stanton...OF are a dime a dozen.

JStryker416.png

#230 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the advice, I am worried because the person I am going with is a huge Tigers Fan.
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#231 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

ESPN is reporting that Braun has turned down the option of having the arbitrator give a report on why he made his decision. Sure seems to me like if I was innocent I'd want that thing out there loud and clear so I could use it to support my innocence.
Posted Image

#232 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

ESPN is reporting that Braun has turned down the option of having the arbitrator give a report on why he made his decision. Sure seems to me like if I was innocent I'd want that thing out there loud and clear so I could use it to support my innocence.

But he's guilty.

#233 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I'd just want it buried so I wouldn't have to talk about it, personally. But that's me.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#234 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Easiest way to bury it would be to have the arbitrator write the report on his decision, and if it was because he was innocent we would never hear about it again.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#235 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm sorry Yankees fans, I hate the Yankees but this just plain out sucks as a fan of Baseball. He was fun to watch even if I only saw him pitch a couple of games (I'm a Giants fan, thus never really saw him unless a Mariner game was on TV).

http://www.mlbtrader...l#disqus_thread
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#236 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Can anything stop Matt Kemp? Just hit another homerun(10) tonight. Closer Javy Guarea blown save tonight. Tough man took a line drive off the jaw and stay in the game but ended up blowning the save.

Edited by j.t, 26 April 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#237 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Nice 9th inning rally by the Braves to take 2 out 3 for the Dodgers in LA.

Should keep rolling with the Pirates in town over the weekend. Going to the game Saturday night.

#238 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Twice in a row we had a 9th inning victory. Plus Kimbrel fantasy points WOO! :razz:

Always nice to see performances in the clutch though.

JStryker416.png

#239 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

It finally looks like the Phillies' Phrankenstein team is clicking. Keep scoring runs please!

#240 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

Phil Humber's chariot has turned back into a pumpkin.

33126.png