2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#241 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

Phil Humber's chariot has turned back into a pumpkin.

I'd like to know what the numbers were for people picking him up in fantasy. I didn't think he would do as bad as he did today, but at the same time, it's also not surprising.

card.png

#242 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

The Sox are now 2nd in the league in runs scored. Tells you just how bad their pitching has been that they're still 2 games under .500 and have a negative run differential. Still, it's very nice to finally see them playing well.

33126.png

#243 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Delmon Young was arrested on a hate crime assault charge for attacking some Jewish guys in New York.

#244 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

The actual story seems to be somewhat less interesting. Seems he launched into a tirade against a Jewish man who was panhandling and then got into a scuffle with a group of tourists. I think he was charged with aggravated harassment as a hate crime. He was also apparently drunk off his ass.

#245 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

At least he didn't have a bat in his hands.

Posted Image

#246 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

But he's guilty.

what's due process, precious

ps steroids don't make you better at baseball
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#247 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Angels called up Mike Trout and released Bobby Abreu.

#248 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

oh ya, they totally don't. Look at all the guys still hitting 60+ homers in the majors.

#249 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Also, Nationals put Ryan Zimmerman on the DL and called up Bryce Harper.

#250 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

what's due process, precious

This isn't a civil or criminal issue (well it is criminal but nobody cares that he illegally purchased and used drugs). He doesn't get due process.

Then why did he take them?
Posted Image

#251 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

That argument was lame the first time someone said it, and it's still lame today. Steroids make you a better athlete. They can drastically alter how you work out, and thus, increase the results of your work outs. Period. They aren't a miracle drug that's gonna make me into Barry Bonds overnight, but it can definitely make an already good player great. As someone else said, if they didn't make you better, why did so many people them? For laughs?

#252 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

That argument was lame the first time someone said it, and it's still lame today.

I'm shocked people are still trying make that argument. It's ridiculous.

33126.png

#253 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, it's really quite silly.

#254 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Man, Bryce Harper hits everything hard. Kid's going to be a star (not that it was ever really in doubt).

33126.png

#255 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Matt Kemp is a bad, bad man.
Posted Image

#256 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Matt Kemp is a bad, bad man.

Indeed. If I met someone who'd never heard of baseball before and wanted to know why I love it so much, I'd show them that game.

33126.png

#257 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Gold star to the Dodger fan that snuck his ass into the frame on Harper's first hit, ensuring that it'd be seen during the billion replays.
Posted Image

#258 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Went to the Braves game last night, had a good time despite the loss. Offense is really up and down so far this year. Already down 2-0 today as well.

#259 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

If they hadn't traded Napoli for Wells, they'd have Napoli, too. Iannetta isn't bad, but he's a homeless man's Napoli.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#260 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Napoli has moved onto bigger and better things.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#261 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Nice ending for the Brewers. Brewers put men on 1st and 3rd, get two strikeouts, and as soon as he swung, guy on first tried to take second, guy on third tries to take home and gets thrown out at the plate.

Now to hope I can get a few more points, and I might just salvage a win this week in fantasy. Damn Edwin Encarnacion though. Despising him this week.

Edit: And thank you Carlos Gonzalez. Texas, PLEASE bench Mike Napoli. He's sucked all week. I can't afford strikeouts tonight.

Edit 2: And thank you Napoli for your hit in the 7th. I needed you not to score -3. You had -2 going in thanks to your two strikeouts thus far. Now to hope you don't get any more at bats in this game. Or errors. Or caught stealing.

Edited by JStryke, 30 April 2012 - 02:34 AM.

card.png

#262 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Los Doyers sweep the Nats.

Capuano (3-0) allowed three hits and two walks in 6 2/3 innings, helping send the Nationals to their fourth straight loss and first shutout defeat of the season after they entered the series with a 14-5 record. They had a combined total of three runs and 11 hits in 21 2/3 innings against Capuano, Clayton Kershaw and Chad Billingsley.

That's good stuff right there.
Posted Image

#263 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

It's good to see that Derek Lowe's still doing well so far with a shutout start to close out the Angels series. He was the pitcher I was most concerned about going into the season, so I hope he can keep it up.

#264 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Wow, Braves looked dead in the water down 6-0 with Halladay on the mound, but just got 6 off him in the 5th to tie it up. Punctuated by a grand slam by Brian McCann.

#265 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

So I'm watching the A's Red Sox game right now and I had a thought. Do the Sox suck this year or is this a continuation of the collapse from last season?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#266 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

Wow, Braves looked dead in the water down 6-0 with Halladay on the mound, but just got 6 off him in the 5th to tie it up. Punctuated by a grand slam by Brian McCann.

Then Carlos Ruiz hits a 3 run home run.

#267 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

Damn, I turned the game off to watch a movie (was still 6-6 at the time). Turned it back on just after Chipper's 2 run homer to win it 15-13 in the 11th.

#268 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Jared Weaver no hit the Twins.

#269 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

So I'm watching the A's Red Sox game right now and I had a thought. Do the Sox suck this year or is this a continuation of the collapse from last season?

The Red Sox had one of the hardest parts of their schedule to open the season, now they're playing the dreks of the AL. Like Bob Ryan said on Kornheiser's radio show at the height of the Valentine stuff a week ago, if the Red Sox are below .500 after May 16, then they're doomed. They're like 7-1 in their last 8 now and Papi is possessed.

Damn, I turned the game off to watch a movie (was still 6-6 at the time). Turned it back on just after Chipper's 2 run homer to win it 15-13 in the 11th.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Jared Weaver no hit the Twins.

Incredible 2 games that rightfully pushes Beltran's 7 RBI night (yes to match Ruiz) to page 2 of the MLB section. This is one of those nights I love having access to MLB.tv on my PS3.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#270 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Even though the Phillies lost, that was still a really fun game to watch.