GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#331 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

I got Catherine in the mail today...gamefly is fast as Fuck.
Posted Image

#332 kanamit

kanamit

AKA george6741

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

What amazes me the most isnt just the time of delivery, but that when i ask Gamefly why it takes 8 days instead of the 6 it should take ( 3 to return a game and 3 to receive next game) I'm told theres processing. You guys seem to bypass the processing in addition to your quick delivery lol.

By the way interesting that the game I purchased last week still hasnt come, but I received the new rental game that they say they sent out 4 days later (monday) in 2 days. I guess maybe thats good news, at least I know it can be done quicker. I just don't know why it isnt.

#333 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

I guess maybe thats good news, at least I know it can be done quicker. I just don't know why it isnt.

I still think that GF must hold back games by a few days saying they're 'processing' so people aren't overusing their rental plan they're on.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#334 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Picked up DE:HR
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#335 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

In case anyone's looking and wants a copy complete with the online pass, FEAR 3 is on clearance for the same price ($9.98) new at Target right now.

I was on the fence about ordering it, but if I saw it at Target sitting there, I'm sure I'd grab it. Thanks for the tip.

#336 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

in my limited understanding:
purchase 1 game: Media Mail Shipping (=SLOW)
purchase 2 games: Priority Mail box (Fast!)

For rentals, it seems to depend on a lot of things - including where in the queue you are (for the day?), whether they have the game in the closest processing center, and how close you are to the center.

for me, Syndicate shipped 2/18/12 and it arrived 2/21/12 (release day)...If not for the postal holiday, it would have arrived monday (day early!), but I think they choose when to ship (brand new games) based on it arriving on release day. I've had a bunch of new games delivered on release day with gamefly.
but
if you're getting an older game with fewer copies available (or a newer game in high demand), it may take them a bit longer to dig out the game. in your account, you can see when the games were received, and when they shipped the next one, if you make note of the date they arrive each time, you can get some precise numbers on delivery times/etc.

#337 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Also bought Dues Ex, Hunted, Brink and Transformers: Dark of the Moon all for 360...$43 for all not bad:-)

#338 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

Also bought Dues Ex, Hunted, Brink and Transformers: Dark of the Moon all for 360...$43 for all not bad:-)

Got Brink during the BestBuy $5 craze, worst video game purchase I have ever made, just my opinion.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#339 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

this deal is so piss without Catherine lol. i wish theyd restock. no catherine + no free shipping = epic fail of a deal.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#340 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

more like epic fail of a cag. you were probably too busy telling someone about how you found railfan at gamestop...

this deal is so piss without Catherine lol. i wish theyd restock. no catherine + no free shipping = epic fail of a deal.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#341 Durkan

Durkan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Only took 2 days to get my games =D. Deus Ex, El shaddai, and Crysis 2 woot woot

#342 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Space Marine still being available for both systems gives me hope that it will drop even further.

It seems like every time I buy a $14.99 game from GameFly, it's $9.99 a month or two later.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#343 audio vicious

audio vicious

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Still hoping Catherine comes back up on either platform, preferably 360.

Been a few days, not sure if it will. Should have ordered when I had the chance.

#344 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Got Brink during the BestBuy $5 craze, worst video game purchase I have ever made, just my opinion.

Yea heard it was bad but collect for the console, had a few friends ask me to get it for co-op...heard the bots for single player are bad...lol and will get to it one day when they want to throw it in...this weekend we are finally starting Dead Island:D

#345 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

It would seem the FEAR 3 deal for the PS3 is dead.

#346 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Space Marine still being available for both systems gives me hope that it will drop even further.

It seems like every time I buy a $14.99 game from GameFly, it's $9.99 a month or two later.

That's the same thing that happened with No More Heroes. It went down to $9.99 after it sold out at $14.99 the following month. I'm waiting for a few games to hit that price point.

#347 jaems

jaems

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Never had a chance to grab Catherine. :( First day of sale, I had class all day, and I must have missed their restock.

#348 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Bit on Deus Ex, glad they restocked it, was out yesterday when I checked!

#349 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Deus Ex and Captain America both showed up yesterday, loving these Gamefly deals.

#350 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Never had a chance to grab Catherine. :( First day of sale, I had class all day, and I must have missed their restock.

I think the PS3 version sold out about an hour or so after this post went up, which was before the email was even sent out. Xbox went OOS shortly after that.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#351 Gut

Gut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Damn I went back and picked up two more games..Dungeon Siege III and Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon. Curse you gamefly for taking all my money!!!! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#352 jaems

jaems

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

I think the PS3 version sold out about an hour or so after this post went up, which was before the email was even sent out. Xbox went OOS shortly after that.

Damn! That's unfortunate (only have a PS3). Looks like I never had a chance anyway. :lol:

#353 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

It looks like everything is back in stock....EXCEPT Catherine, of course...lol.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#354 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Captain America for 360 is back if you were wanting it, so is Penguins of Madagascar for PS3....both restocked and good luck....myself already got both and 5 other games from the sale....err sorry backlog know you hate me but had to add more to you:-).

#355 DigitalMP

DigitalMP

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Bit on Deus Ex earlier this week and just grabbed Captain America, thanks for the heads up with restock

#356 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

My brother got one of those gamefly $5 coupons for being a member but doesn't want to use it. He said I could have it but is it tied to his account?

#357 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

My brother got one of those gamefly $5 coupons for being a member but doesn't want to use it. He said I could have it but is it tied to his account?

Have him buy it on his account and give him the money. Why can't you do that?

#358 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Oh I didn't know for sure and he doesn't get home until 6pm.

#359 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

captain americia is back. go quick
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#360 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Captain America for 360 is back if you were wanting it, so is Penguins of Madagascar for PS3....

Is Penguins of Madagascar any good?
Posted ImagePosted Image