GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#61 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just got my shipping confirmation for DEHR, boy that was fast. GF sales are the shiznit.

#62 MrRosales

MrRosales

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Anyone know how long this sale will last? I'd love to pick up Deus Ex but my money is stuck on PayPal atm :-$
Posted Image

#63 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Picked up :ps3:El Shaddai. Stil debating on :ps3:Space Marine

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#64 parrothead87

parrothead87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Anyone know how long this sale will last? I'd love to pick up Deus Ex but my money is stuck on PayPal atm :-$

I thought I seen in the email it said until the 27th

#65 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

X-Men Destiny (360) is $12.99 with free shipping as well, I know the game is meant to be terrible but for $13.........

Ugh, it was barely worth the $4 I spent renting it from Redbox.

However, F3ar for $10... that is tempting.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#66 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

FEAR 3 is OK. Single player is fairly short. Thinking it would be more fun if you have a buddy to play co op with. I picked it up recently on Target clearance for 13 bucks or so, and I think that price was fair. For ten bucks, yeah. Go for it.

Do you have to have an online pass?

#67 kanamit

kanamit

Jesus Wept

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

I was looking to spend the $5 coupon from Gamefly so this sale comes at the right time. I was deciding between Deus Ex or FEAR 3 for PS3, but since I never finished Deus Ex I went with that. $8.40 with tax.

#68 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Here's hoping :ps3: Catherine comes back in stock. Picked up :wii: Bit.Trip Complete.

#69 MuzykMann

MuzykMann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

For anyone who may be on the fence, I started L.A. Noire a few days ago and am actually loving it. Didn't expect much going in, but the stories are fun, the investigations are interesting, and it has a satisfyingly mature feel to it (mature, like, they don't treat you like an idiot, not mature as in f bombs flying around for no reason).

I've run into a few odd glitches, and it's certainly not for those who need the run n' gun action pacing of modern shooters. That being said, if you enjoy slower paced story-heavy games once in awhile, you really can't go wrong for $8.

#70 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

How are you guys getting the $5 coupon? And is the membership woth the $22.95 a month? After trying the Blockbuster mail rental thing, I have stayed away from mail rental because it took so long to get games in. Between that and hearing about games getting lost in the mail and Gamefly charging you for them has made me real Leary

#71 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Grabbed Catherine for $15... girlfriend has been wanting to play it for a long time and $15 is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

For everyone interested in X-Men Destiny, see if you've got a Redbox nearby first -- you can get every achievement / trophy in under two days, which will end up being about $3 - $4 on Redbox; not to mention the game has zero replay value.

Its definitely not worth $13.

#72 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

How are you guys getting the $5 coupon? And is the membership woth the $22.95 a month? After trying the Blockbuster mail rental thing, I have stayed away from mail rental because it took so long to get games in. Between that and hearing about games getting lost in the mail and Gamefly charging you for them has made me real Leary

Every 3 months you are with GF, they issue you a $5 coupon. As for their service: I never had a problem. Games would arrive 2 days after they shipped it and I never once "lost" it in the mail. I was with them for about 7 months last year and 3 months a few years back. No problems.

#73 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Glad I grabbed Catherine PS3 before I went to lunch. That one flew off the shelves. Thanks OP

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#74 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Catherine looks like it is sold out for PS3.

#75 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Really wanted cathrine PS3

#76 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Do you have to have an online pass?

Short answer: no. The online pass for FEAR 3 gives access to the "F**king RUN" and "Soul King" game modes plus six maps, 3 for each game mode. The "Contractions" mode (a lot like Horde in Gears of War) is always free to play.

#77 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Every 3 months you are with GF, they issue you a $5 coupon. As for their service: I never had a problem. Games would arrive 2 days after they shipped it and I never once "lost" it in the mail. I was with them for about 7 months last year and 3 months a few years back. No problems.

Thanks for the information. When new games come out, is there a long list to wait on before getting a new game?

#78 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Short answer: no. The online pass for FEAR 3 gives access to the "F**king RUN" and "Soul King" game modes plus six maps, 3 for each game mode. The "Contractions" mode (a lot like Horde in Gears of War) is always free to play.

So without the pass you just have that 1 level to play?

#79 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Lol had Catherine PS3 in cart.....gone. And now it looks like 360 is sold out too?

#80 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

It would be nice to get Catherine sealed for around that price but 15 bucks used is not bad at all..

#81 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the information. When new games come out, is there a long list to wait on before getting a new game?

i regularly receive games on release day in the mail (syndicate should arrive today, for example)

dont want to hijack, but there are strategies...

also, you get 10% off games after a year of membership AND if you order 2 games, they generally ship USPS priority and arrive in a couple days. If you buy a single game, they ship media mail and can take a week or up to 2.

Edited by thesuzukimethod, 21 February 2012 - 07:36 PM.
ordering & 10% discount refers to buying games used, not the rental service

#82 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

So without the pass you just have that 1 level to play?

It's the one mode on six maps (12 maps total with the online pass), so yes.

#83 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Think I might bite on:

:360: Captain America: Super Soldier - $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 - $8.99
:360: Mortal Kombat - $16.19

For those wondering, those are the prices after my 10% off.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#84 matteo

matteo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Missed Catherine....:cry:

Think it'll come back ?

#85 Hinoshiko

Hinoshiko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

...tempting.

#86 kanamit

kanamit

Jesus Wept

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

I received my $5 once I started my 3rd month which is pretty nice. I bought myself a gift certificate for 2 games out for 2 months at cost of $30, at $15 per month its kinda worth it. I wouldnt at $22.95 but thats me.

I used to rent from Blockbuster in store for $15 but now those have closed by me. If you have a Blockbuster close thats still a better deal I believe because you dont lose 1 week in shipping time everytime you want another game from Gamefly.

#87 YONKE

YONKE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

tempting to get Homefront at that price =S
Posted Image

#88 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks OP! Picked up Deus Ex, No More Heroes & El Shaddai for PS3

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 Redrun101

Redrun101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

For those who are interested body count trades in for 11 dollars at best buy and the game is 7.99 in the gamefly sale, combine that with one of their 40% trade in bonus's and you could have a nice flip

#90 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

ARGH! I missed Catherine. May pick up Fear 3 and Deus Ex though.