GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#211 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

Do you have to be a subscriber to get these deals? Do you just click "keep?" That's the only way I see that price, but it implies you need to have the game rented out first. Can someone explain this to a brotha?

#212 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Do you have to be a subscriber to get these deals? Do you just click "keep?" That's the only way I see that price, but it implies you need to have the game rented out first. Can someone explain this to a brotha?

No you don't need to have a membership. The keep it option is for members who already have it at home, if there is no buy button, that means its sold out for non members

#213 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

The "Keep" is the only way to buy the game now since they sold out quickly. They sometimes replenish their stock, but I wouldn't count on it this time around since that was easily the lowest price Catherine has ever been.

Now that I look closer at it, you can try the free 10-day trial in the link I posted. Someone earlier said that the sale prices are good till the 27th, I think. Depending on how close you live to a shipping center, that's just enough time to "keep" two games and cancel your trial.

#214 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

And my only problem with that is I keep hearing people mention that getting games in 2-3 days is the norm. You are the exception...the RARE exception. You guys just dont know it. If I was as fortunate as you I'd buy a years worth of Gamefly. Trust me I think its great that others get games this quickly but I am extremely jealous. I'm very sensitive to hearing fast turnaround for games from Gamefly :D.

I understand, before the pittsburgh location the service was kinda slow and I was thinking of cancelling. It would take about 4 days back in 07, but when I heard about the pittsburgh location, I was thrilled! Sometimes I just take it for granted and neglect others who aren't as close and experience problems. You're right I am one of those rare exceptions. I'm Sorry about all the problems you had with gamefly

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#215 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

When I lived in Iowa, I had shitty delivery times. 3 days was quick. 4 days was normal to receive and then another 4 to send. 5 days was not unheard of for a one-way trip. It just was ridiculous.

Now I am in Orlando, so I should think about giving them a shot again. Besides the delivery times that ruined it previously, I had good experience with their customer service and selection.

#216 spacebooger

spacebooger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

So what is the risk of using the keep option during a 10 day trial?

#217 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

No you don't need to have a membership. The keep it option is for members who already have it at home, if there is no buy button, that means its sold out for non members

There is a "buy," but it's $39.99 for new (Deus Ex ps3). Oh well, I tried :(.

#218 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

When I lived in Iowa, I had shitty delivery times. 3 days was quick. 4 days was normal to receive and then another 4 to send. 5 days was not unheard of for a one-way trip. It just was ridiculous.

Now I am in Orlando, so I should think about giving them a shot again. Besides the delivery times that ruined it previously, I had good experience with their customer service and selection.

That's how it was for me about 2 years ago (I think? It was a bit after Tekken 6 came out when I cancelled). I had 2 discs at a time, but there was a center in Austin (I'm in Texas). Wasn't worth it when they jacked up the prices a little, imho (as I had played all the old games I cared about, and I would get a new game about once a month if there was one I wanted released that month).

#219 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I understand, before the pittsburgh location the service was kinda slow and I was thinking of cancelling. It would take about 4 days back in 07, but when I heard about the pittsburgh location, I was thrilled! Sometimes I just take it for granted and neglect others who aren't as close and experience problems. You're right I am one of those rare exceptions. I'm Sorry about all the problems you had with gamefly

I have no problems with Gamefly, I just have to make it work at the right price because of the long turnaround. I can't really afford to stick with them in the long run unless I can get a few people to use my referral link and get a free month here or there like others do. They are still great for used game sales like today.

#220 ratandjmt

ratandjmt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

I am in Grand Forks, ND and I usually get my games in 4 days from California. There is the occasional 5 day though.
PSN: ratandjmt

#221 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

So what is the risk of using the keep option during a 10 day trial?

The risk is if you don't cancel before your trial is up, you'll be billed $22.95. If you've used a trial before, you may also not be able to use one again.

#222 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I've got such a backlog...but DXHR interests me enough that I'll probably play it before I could get it cheaper, so I bit. Tempted by Dragon Age II, I would bite at $10 (which I think it's been at before, but I hadn't played Origins yet so I wasn't as interested as I am now).
Posted Image

#223 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Catherine for xbox360 has the japanese voice track?

#224 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

^ No.

#225 TheBowTieCoach

TheBowTieCoach

Bow ties are cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I've been watching DXHR for weeks. Almost bit several times at $16.xx. This was a no brainer. Between it and ME3, I should be busy for a while.

#226 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Sigh. Saw this earlier in my email inbox, 14.99 is my magic number on Catherine but funds are extra tight this month after buying a Kinect for my fiancé.

These sales tend to always happen right after I spend a ton of money.

#227 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

broke down and bought deus ex and xmen. Deus ex is still 1000 goozex points. New game for 13??? sure why not. I should have just shipped from gamefly right to the goozex memeber. lol
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#228 RockinTheRedDog

RockinTheRedDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

Deus Ex for 12.99? SOLD! Dammit...must save money for wedding...but it's so cheap!...shhh she'll never know...::evil smile::

#229 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Do it! Its an investment see. You can play it and still sell it for more then you paid for it. So techically you get paid to play it. You made money....Thats MY story im sticking to it.
check out my tradelist :

#230 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

Oh wow, lucky me. I currently have the PS3 version of Catherine rented out from GF. Anyone know what cover they have?

#231 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

You have to be a paying member to get these prices?

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#232 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Nope. Put in cart and checkout.
check out my tradelist :

#233 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

You have to be a paying member to get these prices?

No.

#234 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

looks like i got Deus Ex and i don't even want to really play it

sad
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#235 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

mmmm guess catherine is sold out, since it says 60 dollars instead of 15. :/

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#236 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Dangit, I missed out on Do Sex.

#237 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

If its only showing new then it's sold out for 15.00 used. Keep checking back they sometimes come back up.
check out my tradelist :

#238 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

looks like i got Deus Ex and i don't even want to really play it

sad

Put it on goozex for 1000 points. Or check the Xbox trading thread plenty of people were looking for it. I bet there will be lots for people trading stuff around as the games sell out on gamefly.
check out my tradelist :

#239 1mbalanc3d

1mbalanc3d

#LevelUpYourLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

ordered Catherine and L.A. Noire earlier today for under $25 shipped.... and im contemplating Deus Ex now...

#240 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Put it on goozex for 1000 points. Or check the Xbox trading thread plenty of people were looking for it. I bet there will be lots for people trading stuff around as the games sell out on gamefly.

Got the Triple version
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE