Photo
- - - - -

NBA 2K12 39.99 New or 34.99 Used. Amazon Matched.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Oxyric

Oxyric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

You pick it up in store at the same price.:) Gamestop.
Amazon matched the price.

Edited by Oxyric, 23 February 2012 - 12:56 PM.
Amazon Matched price.

#2 steveomac1015

steveomac1015

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Does anyone know if you buy this used that they give you an online activation code? I might jump on this with the legends pack being on sale on psn.

#3 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

I don't think this game requires an online activation code.

#4 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

this game has a ton of little annoyances and the gameplay just feels completely unpolished. I could go off on every little thing but I've done that enough, I still love playing it because it's the only basketball game to play, but this is one of the worst 2k basketball games in years, in my opinion. cant believe some of the review scores it got with all the little glitches and flaws in gameplay.

#5 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

definitely worth it. there may be a few minor glitches, but I've put about 80 hours into it and haven't encountered one that truly annoyed me.

#6 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Online there is only bitches so screw that game
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#7 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Does anyone know if you buy this used that they give you an online activation code? I might jump on this with the legends pack being on sale on psn.

There is no online code needed. The only preorder bonus that was out there for this game was 2 Downloadable Classic Teams (90's Kings and Warriors) so that would be the only code you might find in a box. Really no value as both those teams can be downloaded via 2K Share.

#8 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Is there any freeship codes for gamestop ?
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#9 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

I won a copy of this game last year, and it's a blast. The DLC is fun as well. I still play this game quite often; however, I did sink more time in the previous iteration. I think it should've been cheaper at launch due to the lockout. Just my opinion though.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#10 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

You should just wait and buy the baseball/basketball 2k bundle that comes out 3/6.

#11 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

You should just wait and buy the baseball/basketball 2k bundle that comes out 3/6.

And what if we don't want the baseball game...? That's kind of a stupid suggestion to just lump those two together.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#12 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

definitely worth it. there may be a few minor glitches, but I've put about 80 hours into it and haven't encountered one that truly annoyed me.

I've probably put around 80-100 as well... those magnet arms/pass deflections don't annoy you? :bomb:

edit: there's a lot of other stuff too... the game is inconsistant. I have durant in my online association team where we play on pro difficulty and he misses wide open 3s (and I'm timing it fine...) and other wide open jump shots. and then there's the driving to the basket, that's a complete mess. there's so many little things that add up if you play a lot you see them more. the commentating got a lot of praise and it's the same shit every game, so annoying. then sometimes the ref wont pass you the ball until the commentators are done rambling on about nothing...

all that being said, it's still worth it if you're looking for a basketball game on 360, then again there's really no other choice... and its currently my most played game.

#13 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've probably put around 80-100 as well... those magnet arms/pass deflections don't annoy you? :bomb:

edit: there's a lot of other stuff too... the game is inconsistant. I have durant in my online association team where we play on pro difficulty and he misses wide open 3s (and I'm timing it fine...) and other wide open jump shots. and then there's the driving to the basket, that's a complete mess. there's so many little things that add up if you play a lot you see them more. the commentating got a lot of praise and it's the same shit every game, so annoying. then sometimes the ref wont pass you the ball until the commentators are done rambling on about nothing...

all that being said, it's still worth it if you're looking for a basketball game on 360, then again there's really no other choice... and its currently my most played game.

Now that you mention it, I find it odd that I play with OKC on dynasty, and the Pacers wind up with a better season record than me. Unless I actually play all the games.

#14 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

And what if we don't want the baseball game...? That's kind of a stupid suggestion to just lump those two together.

Then flip the baseball game for 60 bucks and get nba for $10.

For overall sports fans this is a good deal

#15 wolfgang2399

wolfgang2399

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Since there are some people who have played the game in this thread, is it worth upgrading from 2k11 to 2k12? I don't play online. I only care about the Association and My Player modes.

#16 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

if this is just a temporary sale, will gamestop let me use a $10 off coupon on this game used?

#17 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

if your planning on buying mlb in 2 weeks you might as well just buy the double pack with this and save money double pack is only 69.99 vs 39.99 for this alone